Went into CPW to try a Passport as I am interested in buying one.

" we don't sell or stock any as they ain't good sellers"

What a disappointment!

They just kiss apples arse!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 08:54 AM
    Which store was this? Try going to the larger stores in major cities, they will be more likely to have them. I can't blame smaller stores for not stocking them given that very few buy blackberries on a personal contract these days.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:01 AM
    What Carphone warehouse store was it?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:02 AM
    I ordered online via CPW. They pretty much gave 0 communication as to when I'd actually get the device. Therefore I cancelled and went to MobilePhonesDirect. Far better customer service. As of now I can't fault them "and don't actually have my Passport yet". Would be really nice to try the device out though! Yet to see one in the flesh

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:07 AM
    That's just nonsense! I waltzed into my local CPW on 26th September and tango'd out with my new phone. Granted, they didn't know that they had any in stock and were surprised when the computer said they were out the back. I said "what the Fandango?" and he said sorry before shimmying off to get one. He asked what I thought of the phone and I said it was pasadoble my best ever handset.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    10-11-14 09:18 AM
    Same happened to me at Broughton shop, near Chester. No passport demo model in sight.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:59 AM
    It was a store in Buckinghamshire

cheeky cow had a smirk on her face when i mentioned Blackberry!

Blackberry really need to put themselves out there. all i could see is massive iphone 6 posters everywhere. not even a single blackberry on display. they could have kept one or two in stock !
    10-15-14 05:57 AM
    I got mine from the CW in the Trafford Centre, Manchester. The team were really helpful and excited about the Passport. They'd been playing with one before I'd bought mine. They even have a display up now (I walked past the store a couple of days ago). BlackBerry really needs to up it's game with advertising. The Z10 was a pretty basic, mediocre phone, but the Passport could sell really well with advertising.

Posted via CB10
    Ferrari430Spider likes this.
    10-15-14 06:30 AM
    Let's face it - CPW like any retailer has a top list of products the store sales persons are asked to push. That does not mean competent staff will only try to sell these products. BlackBerry Passport was not going to be one of those top sales lines. A good sales person whilst they will bear in mind they should push the target lines will realise any sale is good and a sale of a top end product like a BlackBerry passport is very good.
    OP was probably unlucky enough to get an incompetent Sales person who tried an inappropriate hard sell on a customer who already knew what they wanted.
    Before you complain about CPW you could try contacting them by email congratulating them on the wide range of phones they stock including BlackBerry and the fact they are usually able to demo phones to ensure customers make the right choice but point out that on this one occasion you were somewhat less than impressed with said store who's staff ridiculed you for asking to see a BlackBerry which caused you to leave the store feeling somewhat humiliated. Could they advise you of a store where you could adequately try BlackBerry, Windows phone, Apple, Android so you could be sure to make the right decision for your personal needs.

Posted via CB10
    sgt_snacks-64 likes this.
    10-15-14 11:46 AM