Just received an email stating Passports will start shipping October 29.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:17 PM
    As a valued BlackBerry customer, we want to personally thank you for the order you have recently placed to receive a BlackBerry� Passport.

We are writing to inform you that we will begin shipping devices by October 29th. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:18 PM
    Wow.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:19 PM
    I also got that same email just now. Frustrating that the 29th is so far away, but I am glad to hear something from them, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:19 PM
    They should throw in a case or something in addition to the apology.

Service recovery is something that blackberry really needs to learn about. It costs significantly more money to attract a new customer than it does to keep an existing one, and customers who feel that they didn't receive transactional justice are much more likely to engage in negative word of mouth.

Lots of market research studies out there which supports this concept.

Posted via CB10
    mona5804 likes this.
    10-10-14 04:25 PM
    I also got that same email just now. Frustrating that the 29th is so far away, but I am glad to hear something from them, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto and bs at same time. It said in stock when ordered. Nothing I can do now. But I will have order canceled by shopbb and will not be sent a package. I'll pay the extra from expansys or whatever it is.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry said the same thing about October 6th, 13th. Those dates have passed and still no passport in our paws. What's to say they are just buying some time and project an earlier date when in reality we back ordered peeps will get them mid November.
    Blackberry Customer Support: Devices to Ship Oct. 29-img_20141010_172421.png

Boo.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:26 PM
    Gosh, I hope us Amazon guys are included.
    10-10-14 04:30 PM
    There's an opportunity here for BBRY to make amends. They should release another coupon code for 25% off just for a weekend before these ship to say sorry and thank you.

I bet you sales will increase so much they may go out-of-stock again with their second production run!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:33 PM
    Stay in 1 thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=967009

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-10-14 04:34 PM
    There's an opportunity here for BBRY to make amends. They should release another coupon code for 25% off just for a weekend before these ship to say sorry and thank you.

I bet you sales will increase so much they may go out-of-stock again with their second production run!

Posted via CB10
    How many Passports can a CrackBerrian buy before it's considered hoarding?

Posted via CB10
    spike12 and mona5804 like this.
    10-10-14 04:35 PM
    They've unfortunately come undone with demand (and probably carrier commitments) in the countries that they are launching in now. Good to at least know more than "boxed shipment" but sucks that I have to wait nearly three weeks! Agree that as a gesture of goodwill they can do something like a complimentary accessory or even free (or refunded if you bought it) expedited shipping.

Oh and will be seriously pissed if the white launches then too! Would hope that I could change my mind?
    10-10-14 04:48 PM
    Oki thanks, waiting for the Awesome Blackberry Passport!! Far away but no matters!!!
    10-10-14 05:08 PM
    Well that's very disappointing, but it is neither surprising nor unexpected. I think that many people have had very unreasonable expectations about blackberry over the course of this product launch. oh well, I'm still planning to be enjoying my new passport when it arrives a month-ish from now. Even the complaints "they should have told us this last week" aren't *completely* valid imo. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, Blackberry might have been needing to renegotiate contracts with their suppliers to get the necessary volume of components. Maybe Blackberry simply didn't know for a few days when they'd be able start shipping in volume again. Maybe they told us when they were sure they could meet the date. If they fail to meet that date in a significant way, then I'll reevaluate my opinion, but for now I think blackberry has handled this launch appropriately (given that no company is omniscient, and especially given that blackberry is struggling and can't afford any more big losses).

They're going to lose some customers over this, probably a lot. But they're still gaining far more customers than they anticipated. That's a good thing. They might return to profitability a quarter ahead of schedule, that's a good thing. In any case, I hope this puts the issue to rest for a bit.

On the bright side, now that this is squared away, maybe blackberry can spend some time to figure out what's going on with the disappearing apps on the amazon app store and get that sorted before the next big shipment.

Also, I wish amazon would send out similar messages to let us know when their expected ship date is. I assume that it's similar, but I'd prefer to know for sure.
    10-10-14 08:12 PM