I don't know about you guys but to me, I think it's so disrespectful that Att hasn't even mentioned the passport since it's release. It's been about three weeks now and we haven't heard a peep!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:36 PM
    10-10-14 01:47 PM
    I don't know about you guys but to me, I think it's so disrespectful that Att hasn't even mentioned the passport since it's release. It's been about three weeks now and we haven't heard a peep!

Posted via CB10
    Would have been nice if CHEN had talked with AT&T and mentioned what their plans were at the launch. We don't know what BlackBerry's deal was with AT&T, so it hard to blame them.... Maybe AT&T require more stock then BlackBerry could deliver, and they didn't want to launch a device they couldn't deliver on. Big professional companies are funny that way.

At least those that bought an unlocked Passport can use it on AT&T's network, and customers have the hope of one day being able to buy a Passport from their carrier. Us Verizon customers are left out in the cold.
    10-10-14 01:48 PM
    They may not get it.
    10-10-14 01:51 PM
    Good idea in theory ... But AT&T does whatever they want when they want.. And what they want to do is make money.. And they seem to think that Blackberry is not a priority.. So it would take lots (million) people inquiring about the passport before they move with a sense of urgencie.

that's why I tried a get mine directly..
    10-10-14 01:54 PM
    Good idea in theory ... But AT&T does whatever they want when they want.. And what they want to do is make money.. And they seem to think that Blackberry is not a priority.. So it would take lots (million) people inquiring about the passport before they move with a sense of urgencie.

That's not true. A million? And visible social media criticism is usually taken more seriously than internal requests.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:57 PM
    One might try to start an "Occupy ATT" grass roots type thing.......
    10-10-14 02:03 PM
    That's not true. A million? And visible social media criticism is usually taken more seriously than internal requests.

Posted via CB10
    So maybe not a million.. However plenty of people of wihich I seen many everyday at the time.. Tweeted ATT in regard to z10 and update to software (10.2) and it still took a long time.. But they will tweet you back that they are either working on it, looking into it, or coming soon with no time line.. But who knows this time could be different.. Hope so!
    10-10-14 02:09 PM
    Would have been nice if CHEN had talked with AT&T and mentioned what their plans were at the launch. We don't know what BlackBerry's deal was with AT&T, so it hard to blame them.... Maybe AT&T require more stock then BlackBerry could deliver, and they didn't want to launch a device they couldn't deliver on. Big professional companies are funny that way.

At least those that bought an unlocked Passport can use it on AT&T's network, and customers have the hope of one day being able to buy a Passport from their carrier. Us Verizon customers are left out in the cold.
    Didn't want to launch a device they could not deliver on? What do you think BB already did? Launched a device they could not deliver on. And all that without AT&T.

I was talking to a regional manager at one of the AT&T store and he told me that AT&T wants to launch the Passport no later than Jan 2015. Depending on current sales and demand for the iPhone (and other new launches) and the ability for BB to supply them maybe before christmas. The last he wants to do is accepting orders and not being able to deliver.

Though I will be switching to AT&T I am glad they are not selling them yet. If BB can not deliver unlocked devices what kind of mess will it be if AT&T starts ordering as well?
    10-10-14 03:16 PM

I hear Verizon is testing the Passport! Come on Big Red!

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.632
    10-10-14 03:38 PM
    Here is what I heard from AT&T just a few minutes ago...I check with them a few times a week and it is always the same. "It is coming soon." "Or I have no information on the BlackBerry Passport."

ATT Disrespect-att_passport.png
    10-10-14 03:57 PM

I just like annoying AT&T.
    blkitr and rjkolo like this.
    10-10-14 04:00 PM
    I just like annoying AT&T.
    Couldn't agree more!!
    Go get em!
    10-10-14 04:10 PM
    I do some of my best work at work..tweeting AT&T
    ATT Disrespect-img_20141010_183604.png

And I even hop on other folks' tweets!

ATT Disrespect-img_20141010_183828.png

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:39 PM
    I called AT&T retention today to double my data... Long story short, I now have 20gb for $55/month. Crazy eh?

I also asked about the passport. Buddy said that they have no official release date as of yet and he said it would be selling for $830 and not will be offered on contract. He also said it would only be available to business users. I'm not sure if he's on drugs or what but I wanna try whatever he's on... I told him shop BlackBerry has it for $599. He told me to buy it there instead of waiting.

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger...
    ...with a ****load of data...

Posted via Commodore 64
    10-10-14 06:52 PM
    I called AT&T retention today to double my data... Long story short, I now have 20gb for $55/month. Crazy eh?
    Is this a special deal you have with discounts or can anyone get this price?
    10-10-14 07:08 PM

Well, If I may introduce my 2 cents on this subject, I think the reason that US carriers are not getting their hands on the awesome Passport is because of what they've done to Blackberry in the past. Personally I'm on the paranoid side and I honestly think that US carriers somewhat made a collaborative effort to sabotage Blackberry on BB10/Z10 launch, how could they?

Well, Blackberry had to come with a "minimal" inventory assigned to lets say AT&T stores, which they did. But the really sucky part was that whenever I went to an AT&T store (which I did, and several times), and asked for the Z10, the seller just said: "Hmmm, I don't think we have that phone, but HEY, here is the iPhone, it's better and the company is not going under like blackberry", I had to really insist, just to get them to check if they had inventory every single time, which they did, but I honestly sensed that the sellers from all the stores I went, just hated to even talk about BBRY.

Now, add to that Verizon, T-Mobile, etc., and we are talking about huge amounts of phones handed to them… So, of most of them, voluntarily oriented all their incoming costumers to Apple/Android (but we know is mostly Apple) and just returned all the stock to BBRY saying "People were just not interested". I'll never forget the time when I went to a T-Mobile store last november looking to purchase another Z10 and the brilliant Z30, there even was a Z10 on display, but no Z30, and when I talked to the rep, he said and I quote: "Blackberry?? Really?? We returned those things, nobody cared about them and they were just occuping our inventory space" giving me that sarcastic laughing look like they were happy for being a part on what they thought was helping Blackberry going under.

And add to that all the negative, biased even laughable "reviews" (if you could even call them that) of the BB10 OS (Z10, Q10) that most US "journals" gave, and we are starting to see a tendency to boycott BBRY, don't you think?

Now here we are a year and a half later, Blackberry made an even more amazing device called Passport and people are asking for it, and neither AT&T, or Verizon or T-Mo can't have (at least this year). Is selling directly online and unlocked, so we can use it on whatever carrier we choose… What a funny feeling they should have right now, what a Roller coaster life is...
    10-10-14 09:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep. In so many cases when regular avenues fail, a few well worded tweets get action. Companies like to look like they care to the public.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    10-10-14 10:34 PM
    I've tweeting @ATT and @ATTCustomerCare very frequently using #BlackberryPassport and #WeWantThePassport. I figure the more these hash tags are used the more "trending" and publicity AT&Ts feet dragging will get. After the latest news about ATT screwing customers ATT may not want anymore bad or negative publicity.
    10-11-14 06:10 AM
    Is this a special deal you have with discounts or can anyone get this price?
    With discounts and monthly credits and such. Just call retention and they'll give you whatever you want... Keep on greasin' them...

Posted via Commodore 64
    10-11-14 07:18 AM
    when I got my passport I went to the AT&T corporate store to get a sim, I told them to leave the IMEI for the Z10 in the system, the manager told me that whatever your holding is 3g only, she didn't even really look at it, she just kept playing with her iphone, the other rep. went in the back got a new sim, Installed it, she did the activation, started the phone and got LTE, the 2nd lady was more helpful than the first and she at least took a liking to it, they really do push iphones and androids at the stores, they always seem to have at least one each of "experts" for apple or droids on hand, it wouldn't surprise me if AT&T doesn't offer the passport at all, it will never be front in center in the store, if it is it will be in a dark corner and the sales people will steer you away from it if you happen to see it, probably be offered online only

Posted via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-11-14 08:01 AM
    With discounts and monthly credits and such. Just call retention and they'll give you whatever you want... Keep on greasin' them...

Posted via Commodore 64
    Okay, how do I call "retention"??????
    10-11-14 07:25 PM
    Okay, I was in the local (rural town in Virginia) AT&T store just a few hours ago, collecting information for my new lightly used 9900 because I want a work tool, not a daggone tinkertoy (iPhone 4s) and Sprint doesn't support GSM and I got the info I needed for a plan for the 9900 - and I asked the MANAGER - and this guy was pretty sharp - when AT&T was going to carry the briliant new Blackberry Passport (they do not sell any BBs in the store or on line) and he said - and I quote: "I don't think AT&T is going to carry the Passport." Now, I'm kinda hoping he just meant that little country town AT&T store wasn't going to carry the Passport - but what's going on????? I gathered my information and of all the phones in there the LG G3 caught my fancy the best, but I NEED A GOOD PHONE - not just texting, browsing and checking email. I could care less about FB (have FB messenger on 4s but not into games and other apps - my phone has to be a phone primarily - and I'm really totally fazed by the guy's answer. I think that anyone who craves a passport (me! I do, I do!!!) and I'm a baby-berry, but I'm telling you - it's BB that came through last summer in a remote corner of the world and let me deliver two important deadlines on time - no one else's phone got a signal, iphones don't have sd cards and didn't get a signal - just the BBs - probably a bold or older model and the guy, who lives and works as an eco/conservation game guide, had his card reader and we hooked it up to my mac and it was easy peasy, thank you, to attach the two word docs and send them to the US.... BUT why did that manager say what he did and did he mean what I heard him say???? I have read all of this thread and honestly, I'm at the point where I do not know what to do. At least I have the 9900 coming this week and will get that hooked up, even though the manager told me I would be okay at home for calls but won't have a strong enough signal for browser etc. Well, that's the point of the 9900 - and can someone tell me what the Passport is like for calls??????? Too many reviews dwell on apps, camera (I'm a prof photog - the phone camera is a toy, albeit sometimes a pretty good one), I'm not into playing games, I just want a really good smart PHONE with a few extra goodies... But I don't get a warm fuzzy from AT&T at all!
    10-11-14 07:38 PM
    Okay, I was in the local (rural town in Virginia) AT&T store just a few hours ago, collecting information for my new lightly used 9900 because I want a work tool, not a daggone tinkertoy (iPhone 4s) and Sprint doesn't support GSM and I got the info I needed for a plan for the 9900 - and I asked the MANAGER - and this guy was pretty sharp - when AT&T was going to carry the briliant new Blackberry Passport (they do not sell any BBs in the store or on line) and he said - and I quote: "I don't think AT&T is going to carry the Passport." Now, I'm kinda hoping he just meant that little country town AT&T store wasn't going to carry the Passport - but what's going on????? I gathered my information and of all the phones in there the LG G3 caught my fancy the best, but I NEED A GOOD PHONE - not just texting, browsing and checking email. I could care less about FB (have FB messenger on 4s but not into games and other apps - my phone has to be a phone primarily - and I'm really totally fazed by the guy's answer. I think that anyone who craves a passport (me! I do, I do!!!) and I'm a baby-berry, but I'm telling you - it's BB that came through last summer in a remote corner of the world and let me deliver two important deadlines on time - no one else's phone got a signal, iphones don't have sd cards and didn't get a signal - just the BBs - probably a bold or older model and the guy, who lives and works as an eco/conservation game guide, had his card reader and we hooked it up to my mac and it was easy peasy, thank you, to attach the two word docs and send them to the US.... BUT why did that manager say what he did and did he mean what I heard him say???? I have read all of this thread and honestly, I'm at the point where I do not know what to do. At least I have the 9900 coming this week and will get that hooked up, even though the manager told me I would be okay at home for calls but won't have a strong enough signal for browser etc. Well, that's the point of the 9900 - and can someone tell me what the Passport is like for calls??????? Too many reviews dwell on apps, camera (I'm a prof photog - the phone camera is a toy, albeit sometimes a pretty good one), I'm not into playing games, I just want a really good smart PHONE with a few extra goodies... But I don't get a warm fuzzy from AT&T at all!
    I live in rural SoDak, this has the best radio so far of all the BB'S I've had to date, BBOS -BB10, 4g at home and LTE in town

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-11-14 07:45 PM