Need some help reviving a Q10.
    Yes, before you ask, I've browsed countless posts about similar issues, but none seem to be an exact match for what I'm encountering here.

Last weekend a small bowl of water tipped over and onto my wife's Q10. Immediately I dried the surface, pulled the battery, and went to work on trying to salvage it. 2 Days later, having been stored in uncooked rice, I removed it and tried it out. The phone boots fine, keyboard lights, led flashes, text messages came streaming in, but the screen STAYS black. I took it apart and checked the connections - nothing loose. I figured it must be the screen. Ordered a new screen/digitzier, and it just arrived today. I installed the new screen, and to no avail - screen still black - but fully functional otherwise. I even noticed that swipes would light up the keyboard - but not the screen.

I tried doing the restore option from Blackberry Link, which I saw posted several times (after a backup of course), and here is where I am stuck. Seeing as this restore did NOT fix the screen issue, it's now created a bigger issue. Setup isn't complete - and I can't complete it because I can't use the screen.

Details -
    Phone purchased 8/2013 from Amazon thru AT&T upgrade, so it's out of warranty - and we're not far enough along to get a new device - so we have to save the phone

Can someone lend something new/advice for a longtime Crackberry user??
    10-09-14 09:19 PM
    Sounds like the video chip is done. You can probably test that by hooking up to a TV or monitor via HDMI. And if that works you will be able to finish setup.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:55 PM
    Unfortunately, HDMI isn't working. Just tried it. Tried in Z10, works great. Plug into Q10, nada. Are we sure it's enabled when setups incomplete?
    10-09-14 10:23 PM
    Anyone have how-to on repairing video chip on MB?If it's not on MB, and instead on digitizer, then that's not the issue - since I've swapped out parts already there. Please help
    Last edited by tygros; 10-10-14 at 05:50 AM.
    10-09-14 10:47 PM
    Just an advice : next time, don't switch it on. First, let it one night in a bag of rice
    10-10-14 06:46 AM
    I appreciate that, Joshua, and as soon as I pulled the battery, that was the last of it being turned on for more than 24 hours. Unfortunately, this was not the first time I've had to salvage a blackberry... but this is the first I haven't been able to fix it.

Anyone?
    10-10-14 07:06 AM
    You are probably out of luck and need a new mainboard. I had a similar problem, got my Q10 wet while washing the car. Once dry it worked fine except for the top button short press. After some research, found that this is a problem with the main board and a diode. I found a broken screen Q10 for $60 and used that mainboard to solve the problem.

Your cheapest solution would be to find a Q10 with a broken screen and either swap that mainboard into yours or move one of your working screens to it.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:19 AM
    Anywhere you recommend? Ebay is $100+ easy... can't find any used for sale cheap like that.
    10-10-14 07:33 AM
    Can anyone help with something other than "buy a used device"?
    10-10-14 01:59 PM
    * Bump *
    10-11-14 04:13 PM
    1 was with DISTILLED water. Thoroughly
    2 then do rice.

Keep battery out whole time. Keep in rice 24-48 hours

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 06:07 PM
    Thanks, but already did all that. The video chip seems to be fried. Asking for help on how to fix what to buy, etc. Besides a new phone
    10-12-14 04:03 PM
    Thanks, but already did all that. The video chip seems to be fried. Asking for help on how to fix what to buy, etc. Besides a new phone
    You won't be able to buy just the video chip, but lets say you can. The cost of removing the current one and putting in the new video chip will be MUCH more then buying a broken q10 that has a harvestable motherboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 04:45 PM
    Distilled water is the key

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:10 PM
    Before you try anything or buy a new device, check if you can plug your Q10 into your computer and back up your data using BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:25 PM
    Thanks everyone. I did a backup that first day I attempted to power it up. Broke down and bought new one with 30Day return policy on ATT 12mo next. If I can find a cheap working ebay model, or Passport hits ATT before then, then I'll swap, if within 30Days
    10-14-14 05:19 PM