So I went to a Bell retailer today in hopes of upgrading. Not only was the Passport nowhere to be seen on any display. The salesperson actually tried to talk me out of a BlackBerry and into a Samsung device instead

I have nothing against Samsung ( I have a tab 3), I just thought this was poor taste...Not very helpful - perhaps BlackBerry should reach out to the retail stores and see abt sine selling point strategies. Just my thoughts.

Super disappointed and no upgrade for me. Boo Bell. Just boo.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 06:52 PM
    Have you tried calling their call-centre instead? Or were your hopes squashed by a pro-android salesguy?
    10-09-14 06:59 PM
    They did not offer to order one for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-09-14 07:03 PM
    It looks like Bell and Rogers won't have the Passport in stock yet so hopefully in a week or two.

What I hate about sales reps is if a customer wants to buy a BlackBerry or any other phone, they should not steer people towards another brand, which in your case is a Samsung.

I think sales reps get more commissions for selling Samsung than other brands.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:03 PM
    I had a similar experience last year with Rogers and my fianc�e's Z10. Sales rep tried to talk us out of the Z10 and into a HTC I think it was. Walked away from him, went to the next sales rep and asked "do you have a white BlackBerry Z10? If so, I'd like to upgrade my fianc�e to one" he went into the back, came out with the phone and got the spiff for the upgrade.

As we walked out, I passed the other sales rep who was talking another customer into an Android from an iPhone that she was looking at and I said "if you want the iPhone, go to that sales rep, he'll take care of you" and kept walking lol

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    10-09-14 07:06 PM
    So I went to a Bell retailer today in hopes of upgrading. Not only was the Passport nowhere to be seen on any display. The salesperson actually tried to talk me out of a BlackBerry and into a Samsung device instead

I have nothing against Samsung ( I have a tab 3), I just thought this was poor taste...Not very helpful - perhaps BlackBerry should reach out to the retail stores and see abt sine selling point strategies. Just my thoughts.

Super disappointed and no upgrade for me. Boo Bell. Just boo.

Posted via CB10
    Which Bell Store location did that happen at? I had the exact same experience at the Bell Store at Square One shopping centre, in Mississauga, Ontario, in April. I went to pick up my Z30 that I ordered through Bell customer service when I got my new 2 year contract.
    ..When I got to the store, the guy said they didn't have a Z30 in stock. Then he proceeded to push me hard to get a Samsung Galaxy S4. He was scoffing at me wanting a BlackBerry at all. Suggested that the S4 was vastly more advanced then the Z30, and that BlackBerry is on its last legs anyway...I told him I had no interest in Android phones, and wanted my Z30. Eventually found one by phoning around other Bell stores in Mississauga until I found one that had it in stock. I was pretty saddened that in BlackBerry's backyard, store reps would push so hard to get people to avoid BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:32 PM
    But the question remains - why passport is not available in stores yet???????

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:53 PM
    The response I got from 2 different Bell store was that they needed to do a special order for me, no device were going to be stock. That's what I did and 2 days after my passport was there.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:10 PM
    This was at a store in East Hamilton. They didn't offer to order me one and the rep at first had no idea what the passport was.

It was just the whole experience sucked - I didn't expect to have them try to talk me out of a BlackBerry.

I left without a new phone - I'll have to order online I guess.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:37 AM
    I totally understand what you're going through, I frequently visit cell phone stores and get teased owning a blackberry, but to me all others are toys. Hey doesn't it take 4-6weeks to get a Passport after all the paperwork anyways, then you are free to go anywhere. I think it's worth the wait. Just remember if a sales person doesn't have what you came in for don't let them convince you to buy something else.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:06 PM
    Well got the call and got it (Passport). This is really a Fablet (Fabulous Tablet) . Worth the wait.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 08:23 PM
    Remember most Bell stores are not corporate...franchise stores . all Oakville stores are franchise, I found the maple view mall store in Burlington is corporate and they have all the BlackBerry units out...
    You need to ask when you get to the store. If it were me I walk out if not corporate

From my Z10
    10-22-14 07:43 PM
    The people at the corporate stores are more helpful and will not pressure you in to something you don't want. I think if you go to the bell website they have a listing of there corporate stores. I bought my BlackBerry passport from a bell corporate store and the guy was great and he had a iPhone but was realy wanting to go to BlackBerry. He even called me a couple of hours after buying the phone to see how everything was. No complaints here about the bell Corp stores.

Posted from my Crackberry 10 App on Blackberry Passport
    10-26-14 09:38 PM
    Was in bell and Rogers today both have the Passport but Rogers had a working one and a dummy Classic... so my wife and I went into wireless wave and the guy opened a new classic so my wife could try it out never tried to sell us on other phone just wanted to sell us what we wanted... very impressive and he was young also

From my Z10
    12-20-14 06:21 PM
    I actually had one rep tell me he didn't like BlackBerry and couldn't help me. No lie.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:59 PM
    Passports at bell stores in London?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:12 PM