I'm sorry about asking several questions here. I was helping my neighbors with a project and they neglected to tell me that their kids have been sick for two weeks and now, well, I'm just trying to rest in hopes of that the effects will not be as pronounced.

One my projects is to clean up a bunch of files on my phone and am presently using my laptop to access the files on my Z30 which got me to thinking...

Is it possible to determine what is folders are accessible with an application requests permission to "Shared Files" whether stored in internal and/or external microSD storage.

Furthermore, where can I place files that are not 'shared' and yet remain accessible on the device ?

Thanks a bunch for any input available.

Cheerios!

Dan
    10-08-14 11:16 PM
    Good question, I want to know the answer too.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:33 PM
    Shared Files Permission from the developer site
    http://developer.blackberry.com/nati...rmissions.html

Read and write files that are shared between all apps on the device. With this permission, your app can access pictures, music, documents, and other files that are stored on the user's device, at a remote storage provider, or on a media card.
    As for the folder restrictions, I don't know anything about that.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 12:18 AM
    So does that mean that anything that I can see from the File Manager is fair game for an application to potentially have permission to access?

Seems like a neat feature to bake into BB10 would be to allow users to secure folders and selectively grant access to specific applications.
    10-09-14 01:40 AM