Just a couple of questions, as I am still playing with my Q10. And yes, n00b here. lol
    1. I want to minimize data consumption so I disabled push and set updates to manual. Am I on the right track?
    2. Is there a way to pull the subject only and not the contents? I don't want attachments to unnecessarily eat up my data plan.
    3. "Delete from server" refers to the Outlook server correct?
    4. Do the rules I set in Outlook affect the way my emails are pulled?

Thanks!
    Last edited by fpjones3; 10-08-14 at 08:39 PM.
    10-08-14 08:25 PM
    Just a couple of questions, as I am still playing with my Q10. And yes, n00b here. lol
    1. I want to minimize data consumption so I disabled push and set updates to manual. Am I on the right track?
    2. Is there a way to pull the subject only and not the contents? I don't want attachments to unnecessarily eat up my data plan.
    3. "Delete from server" refers to the Outlook server correct?
    4. Do the rules I set in Outlook affect the way my emails are pulled?

Thanks!
    No problem, we all start somewhere.
    1. That config should allow you to control when the device syncs your account.
    2. To my knowledge that level of control is not provided in the BlackBerry 10 OS. However since you now control when the device syncs, you should be able to restrict it to sync when you are on Wi-Fi to reduce the impact to your data plan.
    3. It refers to deleting items from your mailbox that is stored on the server you configured in ActiveSync. I.e. You are deleting messages on the device and also on the server.
    4. Without knowing what your rules do, it's hard to say. If your rules sort email into folders other than you inbox, then they by default will not show up on the device unless you check the check box next to the folder under Edit Folder Settings (that next to the Sync options you already tweaked). If your rules do something else, please let us know.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    Warlack and fpjones3 like this.
    10-08-14 09:03 PM
    Thanks HotFix!

Have you any other tips? Tricks perhaps?
    10-08-14 09:52 PM
    The way to understand it:
    You have a smaller version of outlook on your phone that has most of the features.

Delete from hub is just for legacy BBOS user who do not want to have synchronised email accounts across every medium they use for access....

Hope this helps further

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    fpjones3 likes this.
    10-08-14 10:05 PM
    Thanks Warlack!
    10-08-14 10:34 PM
    4. Without knowing what your rules do, it's hard to say. If your rules sort email into folders other than you inbox, then they by default will not show up on the device unless you check the check box next to the folder under Edit Folder Settings (that next to the Sync options you already tweaked). If your rules do something else, please let us know.
    I ended up disabling inbox sync because I receive emails even when I haven't manually refreshed it. And I still get all the emails, unfiltered. I guess the rules only apply in Outlook.
    10-15-14 10:42 PM
    I ended up disabling inbox sync because I receive emails even when I haven't manually refreshed it. And I still get all the emails, unfiltered. I guess the rules only apply in Outlook.
    It depends on how you set up the rules and what client config you are using. If you are using Outlook as a POP client, then the rules are considered "client side" and only activate when Outlook downloads the email from the server.

Conversely if you have a true Exchange server behind Outlook the rules can be stored "server side" and the rules are processed when the server receives the message.

POP was never designed to work with wireless clients, much less multiple wireless clients, in addition to desktop clients. POP was designed to work with one and only one email client.

I highly suggest you look at a service like Outlook.com where you can add your POP account into it, and then leverage ActiveSync for a more efficient mobile device experience across multiple devices. Plus you can use server side rules to sort the email into folders before even one client sees them. More on this here:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/pop-email

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    fpjones3 likes this.
    10-16-14 07:21 AM