recently bought a Q10 which was locked to Bell. My friend who works at bell called the customer service to get the code. Before unlocking the device we verified with a Bell SIM to make sure that the phone was working with that carrier. Once we got the unlock code, I punched it in the device under settings > security > SIM card > unlock network. I got the "Unlock successful" confirmation message and then waited a couple of seconds, turned off the phone... put my Fido SIM in it and it doesnt work, it says that the phone is still locked

In the SIM card page I see the following message

"You current SIM card requires one or more mobile equipment personalization codes before the mobile network will be available".

unlockable Q10??-img_20141008_200622.png

Is it possible that I need to punch in multiple codes before it gets fully unlocked? The guy at bell said that this usually never happens but when it does you have to send the device back to Blackberry so they can fully unlock the phone.

I'm now down to 6 tries and wanted to check if anyone here has any ideas
    10-08-14 07:11 PM
    Try it with the Fido SIM in. You never stated you entered the unlock with the Fido SIM actually in it.
    10-08-14 07:15 PM
    Try it with the Fido SIM in. You never stated you entered the unlock with the Fido SIM actually in it.
    Sorry, yes right after I got the "successfully unlocked" confirmation message, I inserted my SIM and when we noticed that it was still locked we tested the code again and it said "wrong code" or something similar.
    10-08-14 07:21 PM
    Ask them to get you another code. I had this problem too with one of the online unlockers and the second code they came back with worked.
    10-09-14 06:59 AM
    Hi OP, been there and done that. I got the unlock code from Tmobile and it said unlock successful. I put in the other carrier's sim card and say it is still locked. I read others having this troubles and stating to only enter the first 8 or the last 8 numbers. My suggestion is don't do any of them and try to get another unlock code. I tried all those other tricks and I was the one that got trick. Nobody told me that once you use all your 10 attempts, the device will brick itself and become completely useless even to the carrier it was for. I complained to Tmobile since they gave me the code and they sent me a new device. Same problem happen though with the new device with the new code they gave me. So I called immediately about this. They ended up sending me another code two days later and it was completely different from the first but it finally worked. Try getting another code before you brick your devices. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:00 PM
    I used freemyblackberry.com and it finally worked.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 07:03 AM
    Your phone is 'not' unlocked. See below for a property unlocked Q10. Notice the Network Unlock.

unlockable Q10??-img_20141012_193056.png

A proud supporter of the NRA
    10-12-14 07:32 PM