HI all,
    I am a brand new user of any Blackberry. I have an 8830.
    I am adding ringtones because the standard ones are not loud enough. When I go to tuneusin-dot-com and I sample the ringtone, it is barely audible with the volume control al the way up. Any clue as to why this is happening or how I can fix it, it is driving me crazy?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    11-26-07 07:21 PM
    I find it easier to simply download an MP3 and use Audacity to cut the song to a ringtone......and either way, the 8830 isn't going to be much louder than the pre loaded ringtones until Verizon puts out the fix for it.
    11-26-07 07:35 PM
    Take your 8830 back while you are still in your 30 day test drive. It is flawed and when my contract is up in May I am ditching the piece of carp.
    11-27-07 07:43 AM
    either way, the 8830 isn't going to be much louder than the pre loaded ringtones until Verizon puts out the fix for it.
    This wasn't true for me. Using Audacity to increase the volumn on the MP3 file made the ringtone perfectly acceptable and I have bad hearing. The phone will produce louder ring sounds if the file is amplified in Audacity and saved.
    11-27-07 06:43 PM
    Take your 8830 back while you are still in your 30 day test drive. It is flawed and when my contract is up in May I am ditching the piece of carp.
    I think we all got the message, you don't like your phone or Verizon. Its not our fault why keep spaming us with it.
    11-27-07 06:45 PM
    Sniper,
    You are starting to convince me more and more. Can you give us all a step-by-step process on amping these up?

I have Audiacity but when I amped mine the sound was "bottoming out" meaning it sounded horrible. Maybe I was doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    RB
    11-27-07 08:35 PM
    Sniper,
    You are starting to convince me more and more. Can you give us all a step-by-step process on amping these up?

I have Audiacity but when I amped mine the sound was "bottoming out" meaning it sounded horrible. Maybe I was doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    RB
    I have a set of cheap speakers hooked up to my desktop puter and I just kept cranking up the gain in Audacity until I started getting distortion from my cheap speakers. It took me maybe 3 or 4 tries to get the sound maxed out to the distortion point and then I just transferred the file to the phone using the Roxio media manager in Desktop Manager letting it use the default conversion settings. Here is a link to the file I use for my ringtone which before I edited it was too low to hear:

Free file hosting by Savefile.com

Try this file and if it doesn't play loud you must have a hardware issue because it is loud on my 8830.
    11-28-07 05:47 PM
    Sniper,
    RB
    In Audacity after cropping the song select the track with ringtone and go to Effects > Normalize, accept default settings, save the file as mp3.
    12-07-07 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD