This has occurred three times, I've placed my passport in my back pant pocket (it is loose, no pressure). I've also placed the screen lock on password protected. I retrieve my passport only to see BlackBerry in centre of screen and the square circle starts going around until it completes reboot. Please help as I can only assume it intermittently turns of, I have no idea how long it's off. Has anyone else had this experience?
    10-07-14 04:01 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965913

Likely related....

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:14 PM
    This thread you are refering to is from me. But I never considered that my Passport is doing it by its own - rebooting itself... hmmm.
    In my opinion it is due to the sensitive button on top.
    10-07-14 04:41 PM
    I have to join the club here with the random reboots. My passport has done it to me a few times now. Sometimes it is when I'm in an app and it just suddenly stops and reboots, other times it is for no reason at all. It did it in the night last night as when I woke up in the morning, the active apps were not loaded correctly and looked as they do when the phone has rebooted previously. Worries me slightly must admit. Gonna keep an eye on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:27 PM
    Now I am worried as well.
    10-07-14 05:46 PM
    I didn't have any of that thus far !!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:47 PM
    I've had mine since the launch and love it! Mine has never rebooted itself.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-07-14 05:58 PM
    Seriously? This thread fills me with nightmares of the early Z10 days.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-07-14 05:59 PM
    This has occurred three times, I've placed my passport in my back pant pocket (it is loose, no pressure). I've also placed the screen lock on password protected. I retrieve my passport only to see BlackBerry in centre of screen and the square circle starts going around until it completes reboot. Please help as I can only assume it intermittently turns of, I have no idea how long it's off. Has anyone else had this experience?
    This really sounds like incredible coincidence that you take it out of your pocket right after its started its reboot or you're inadvertently holding down the buttons. If I hold down the power button or both volume buttons it will restart and never make it past that BB logo until I let them go. That is assuming that, as you said, it shows the BB logo then the square circle every time you take it out of your pocket and it has rebooted, appose to various stages of its restart process.

I haven't had any reboot problems, but I know those buttons can be held down in your pocket from my Z10 days.
    siung6 likes this.
    10-07-14 05:59 PM
    Telus is sending me a new passport. This guy overheated (I think it was because of the jelly case?) & since then I get random incoming calls going straight to voicemail (already looked into call forwarding / blocked calls, all swiped off) & the random shut off thing?!. I love this phone & I think I'm going to do a fresh install with the new one & not a data transfer (from my z10) I find that some of my apps don't work at all & I can't save pictures?!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:14 PM
    Whether it is the volume buttons being held together to cause a hard reset, or the power button being held long enough to shutdown the phone... BB10 devices are NOT pocket friendly.

Especially without a case. Even with a case... especially ones that grip the entire frame of the phone, those can be responsible for interfering with the buttons causing shutdowns or reboots.

I had a few reboots like this with my Z10 back at launch... though I am not sure whether it was due to issues as described above, or software issues.

Posted via CB10
    rukdngme likes this.
    10-07-14 07:08 PM
    I really think that in order to do a long press reboot that you should have to unlock and swipe up into the home screen. That would eliminate quite a few reboots...
    10-07-14 07:14 PM
    Sorry to revive a sem-old thread but my new passport that I just received also randomly reboots. And it's not from putting it in my pocket. Like others in different threads regarding the same issue, as I'm on it installing my apps or just replying to emails, it'll randomly reboot. I did a clean install as I read some people having the issue when restoring from older blackberry 10 devices. Should I return it or should I keep it a couple of days? I literally got it a few hours ago Aside from that, this thing is a beauty! Just wish there weren't any issues... Also, it was running hot when I was downloading apps but I'm assuming it's because I was installing everything from scratch.
    10-15-14 10:17 PM
    Mine just rebooted itself too... I finished a text, hit send then tapped on the text to add another and the phone was frozen..2 seconds later the reboot screen came up and everything is speedy as usual.. I'm assuming a software glitch..

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:12 PM
    I wouldn't risk it... I'm waiting for my replacement device. When I called Blackberry, the representative said I was one of 2 people that called regarding any issues with the phone. I called again today regarding the phone (I'm forced to use it in the mean time - rebooted minimum 8 times while on the phone with BB for an hour), and this person said I was the only one... There must be some lemons out there.
    10-16-14 11:48 PM
    Begin the holster revolution!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 12:52 AM
    If BlackBerry is rushing the manufacturing of these Passports because of stronger demand than expected quality could suffer.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:08 AM
    My Z10 with 19.3.0.908 software just locked up. I had to force it to reboot. This occurred when I woke up and found it in night mode.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:17 AM
    Not a big deal, I have been in the manufacturing sector for 30 years and worked on automation that has made everything from automobiles to tooth brushes you are ALWAYS going to have a few that are going to slip through your checking process, thats factored into the mass production process folks.

Thats why they have a warranty with the devices. So you have a few devices out of the 10's of 1000's or millions you produce, as long as they are replaced, not an issue.
    10-17-14 06:10 AM
    The Z10 had the same issues at launch, most likely as software issue however it doesn't seem to affect everyone. My z10 rebooted like crazy for a week or so then they issued a software update and all was good

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 06:27 AM
    Thats why they have a warranty with the devices. So you have a few devices out of the 10's of 1000's or millions you produce, as long as they are replaced, not an issue.
    The problem can be contacting someone for warranty service. Fortunately BlackBerry has provided direct access for 30 days, but I'm concerned about the period after that. At least many of us would not have to go through a carrier, because their CSRs are absolutely useless.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-17-14 07:55 AM
    Let's be honest, how many of us are looking at our Passports every minute of the day? I just "caught" mine doing a random reboot whilst it was resting on the arm of the sofa. It was only the fact that I noticed the boot screen in the corner of my eye that I knew it had happened.

My point: none of us can say my Passport (or any other phone for that matter) doesn't reboot randomly, for all we know it may be a system requirement!

Typed with the awesome Passport
    10-19-14 03:22 PM
    I have had mine rebooted on its own twice since almost two weeks of owning it. There seems to be a pattern on mine. Whenever I put it on airport mode with bedside clock mode,it did the trick to me. I will continue to monitor this pattern to make sure it is consistent enough for me to conclude it.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    10-19-14 03:59 PM
    I had that happen yesterday when I opened Blend up on my computer. The one and only time so far (hopefully not again).
    10-19-14 04:01 PM
    My way of monitoring reboots is to leave some Active Frames open. Not sure if this will work on 10.3, because it is supposed to repopulate the previously opened Active Frames. However, I think the restored frames are translucent.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-19-14 07:48 PM
41 12