Hey guys,
    I received my BB Passport a few days ago and I love it. It is my first Blackberry I ever owned and it's great. But there is one thing that bothers me.
    It happened now three times that I accidentally switched it off and on again while wearing it in my jeans pocket walking around or sitting at a table. It seams to me that the power button on top too easy to push and three seconds are very short.
    Is there an option to say the device not to turn off? Or to wait for confirmation?

Second, if I want to lock the Passport, I have to push this button on top for a short time. Then a message appears that tells me to hold this button to completely power off the smartphone. But instead I have to select the "lock" symbol. Is there another faster way to lock the phone?

Sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand what I mean.
    I appreciate your help!

Best
    Last edited by Karpose; 10-07-14 at 02:33 PM.
    10-07-14 02:03 PM
    Set up a password lock on the phone and have it to set the lock after xx minutes. Go into settings then security / privacy then device password. Set your password then change the lock device after. You have timeout options from 1 min to 30 mins.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:17 PM
    Set up a password lock on the phone and have it to set the lock after xx minutes. Go into settings then security / privacy then device password. Set your password then change the lock device after. You have timeout options from 1 min to 30 mins.
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks! But I already set the device passwort and everything. But even when the phone is locked it turns off as soon as the power button is pushed longer than 3 seconds. This annoys me.
    10-07-14 02:31 PM
    If you just press the button once, don't hold it locks it. The rest I can't help.
    10-07-14 02:34 PM
    If you just press the button once, don't hold it locks it. The rest I can't help.
    So you press the button once, it is locked and then you unlock it by pressing it again, right? But in this case no passwort is required?!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-07-14 02:43 PM
    Yes, and you may switch off the option to turn it on by doing a swipe gesture.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:48 PM
    Thanks! But I already set the device passwort and everything. But even when the phone is locked it turns off as soon as the power button is pushed longer than 3 seconds. This annoys me.
    Ahh ok my apologies then, I do find the top button a bit sensitive but I haven't had it turn off on me yet whilst in my pocket.

Usually I keep my bb's in a pouch which soon as I put it in, locks the device but sadly nothing like that is out for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:50 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Got it. Thanks!

Ahh ok my apologies then, I do find the top button a bit sensitive but I haven't had it turn off on me yet whilst in my pocket.

Usually I keep my bb's in a pouch which soon as I put it in, locks the device but sadly nothing like that is out for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    A pouch might be a good solution on the sensitive button...
    10-07-14 02:54 PM
    Try putting it keyboard first so power button is on top,then it shouldn't be pressed.
    10-07-14 03:52 PM
    Try putting it keyboard first so power button is on top,then it shouldn't be pressed.
    Of course I put it keyboard first in my pocket and this is how it became switched off... Strange.
    Maybe it is rebooting itself?
    10-07-14 04:39 PM
    Or its bending the phone and losing contact in the battery terminal.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:51 PM
    Or its bending the phone and losing contact in the battery terminal.

Posted via CB10
    This phone does not bend
    10-07-14 05:00 PM
    Also careful that the up and down volume buttons aren't pushed.... that will reset it too. Happens on my Z30 all the time while in the pouch. I know it isn't top button because the magnet keeps my phone in a state where the top button does nothing while in the pouch...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:10 PM
    Happened with my z10. Put it in your pocket upside down so the power button cant be pressed as easy
    WanShark69 likes this.
    10-07-14 05:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    What he said!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-07-14 05:15 PM
    Of course I put it keyboard first in my pocket and this is how it became switched off... Strange.
    Maybe it is rebooting itself?
    Check to see if the removable portion of the back cover (where you insert the sim/sd cards) isn't slightly jammed against the power button. I had this happen once with the Z30 (had to file off a bit of the back cover opening around the lock button), and I read a reviewer mention that their Passport kept rebooting when he pressed on the top cover, and it was because it was slightly jammed against the power/lock button.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:22 PM