I was just delivering a wedding video to a client who works in sales. Needless to say, he's business-minded. He has an iPhone 6 on the way, and after playing with the Passport, walking around his office with it in his back pocket, and generally salivating over the keyboard and screen (and the solid build), he said that he will have to cancel his iPhone order.

Was going to go to Verizon today and grab a Passport. Ooooh sorry. Verizon doesn't carry one. What about the unlocked one that you have? Ooh sorry, Verizon is CDMA. I felt bad. He was thinking of buying one outright from ShopBlackBerry.

Unfortunately he has a Verizon business account that can't be changed (though he owns runs the account). Too many other phones, jet packs, etc. Plus traveling is where the Verizon coverage really helps.

Anyway, I almost sold a Passport today. I did hardly any work. He took one look and wanted the phone. BlackBerry has a real hit on their hands. This guy is not a tech geek. He buys an iPhone every year or two. The Passport somehow spoke to him. BlackBerry just needs this phone to be visible and it will sell.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    bull_thumper and rarsen like this.
    10-07-14 01:44 PM
    Ha that is awesome! I think BB is on the right track. Just need to get it back in stock and we'd be golden.
    10-07-14 01:54 PM
    I had a dream last night that I picked up an all red Verizon Passport with the Qi charging added, a glossy red dock with charging, USB and HDMI connections and the UI had red accents instead of blue.

...and they say we dream in black and white!
    10-07-14 01:57 PM