Looking to get a new case for my Z30 and seeing quite a few deals on the Crackberry shop. Just wondering what people's are about these two cases. I had a transform on my Z10 and really liked it but I've seen mixed reviews of the one for the Z30. Also I was just joking wondering if you could have both on? Since the flip shell replaces the battery door, does it add too much bulk to put the transform over it?
    10-07-14 12:01 AM
    Once I get my Z30. I plan on buying a white flip case and then proceeding to cut the leather flap as clean as possible. If I'm not mistaken, the door part is white leather and that's the look I want on the back of the Z30.

Attachment 303821

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    10-07-14 07:24 AM
    Live a little, get both!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:43 AM
    I have the transform case looks great and gives enough protection against minor drops (I treat my z30 like my child so barely ever drop it) and what I really like about it is it doesn't add bulk to the phone and the kickstand is a nice added feature. Also it still shows the true beauty of the z30 and doesn't cover it all up. My 2cents.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:09 AM
    I have 3 cases and the one I use the most it's the flip one

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:14 AM
    My girlfriend has the flip case on her white Z30; it seems to me that it makes the phone thicker at the back too. Might just be my perception of it. Of course any case is gonna make it thicker, I was just surprised the battery door seems to be part of that. Anyway she likes it a lot, but what worries me about it is that it doesn't seem to offer any side protection. The edge of the phone is exposed on 3 sides so if you drop it and it lands there, most likely will be damaged. She likes it because it protects the screen while it's stuffed into her purse. Hooking up the charger is -slightly- awkward because it's on the side the case folds on, so you have to fold it all the way open and rest it on its flap.

I also got her a Fosmon "durafrost" flexible case for it, in the event she didn't like the flip case. It seems to be a pretty decent case but we've honestly not used it at all since she likes the flip. Inexpensive ($5) and worth a shot if the flexible rubbery plastic style is your taste, and they offer it in clear, so you can still see the phone (nice for the white Z30.)

Couldn't tell you about anything else; I run my Z30 nekkid.

Richard
    10-07-14 09:18 AM
    You can't have the transform and the carrying pouch together; the pouch is too tight.

The transform is okay on certain surfaces but it seems to slip most of the time. The Z10 one is sturdier.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 01:44 PM
    I am interested in the transform case, but I have concerns. Does the back part that flops open stay closed? Does it clamp or lock so it doesn't flop open when making a call or in your pocket?
    10-08-14 02:04 PM
    Anyway she likes [the flip case a lot, but what worries me about it is that it doesn't seem to offer any side protection. The edge of the phone is exposed on 3 sides so if you drop it and it lands there, most likely will be damaged.
    I jinxed her...she's had the phone just a couple days over a month, and yesterday, this:

As you can see it took a hit to the very edge of the lower bar, cracking the screen all the way across. It also has some nicks at the middle and top right edge.

$87.50 later (part+shipping) I have another white screen on the way from etrade supply. Would have been considerably cheaper for the black one, of course. The phone is now in the Fosmon durafrost case I mentioned earlier.

Her comment on the flip case: "Every time I drop it, it lands face down with the flip part open." So if you think you're drop prone AT ALL, don't use the flip case. In fact it may make you a little more drop prone than you would otherwise be, due to the motion of flipping it open while holding it. Your mileage may vary...

Richard
    10-11-14 11:14 AM
    I jinxed her...she's had the phone just a couple days over a month, and yesterday, this:

http://www.someotherplace.com/forum/z30crack.jpg

As you can see it took a hit to the very edge of the lower bar, cracking the screen all the way across. It also has some nicks at the middle and top right edge.

$87.50 later (part+shipping) I have another white screen on the way from etrade supply. Would have been considerably cheaper for the black one, of course. The phone is now in the Fosmon durafrost case I mentioned earlier.

Her comment on the flip case: "Every time I drop it, it lands face down with the flip part open." So if you think you're drop prone AT ALL, don't use the flip case. In fact it may make you a little more drop prone than you would otherwise be, due to the motion of flipping it open while holding it. Your mileage may vary...

Richard
    Yes!!! That is exactly what happened to me! Landed open and screen down!!

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.1.632
    10-11-14 04:33 PM

http://www.someotherplace.com/forum/z30crack.jpg

Richard
    And.....the flip case is out!

Good luck with the screen replacement. I'm going to start out with the transform and then maybe the Otterbox commuter.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    10-13-14 02:53 PM
    I am interested in the transform case, but I have concerns. Does the back part that flops open stay closed? Does it clamp or lock so it doesn't flop open when making a call or in your pocket?
    The flap has these tiny tabs so they "clip in" to the rest of the case (sorry, I'm terrible at explaining things) when not in use. Basically = won't flop.
    10-13-14 11:34 PM
    Good luck with the screen replacement.
    Came out great; nearly as good as new - just the little scratch on the lower bar, which is mostly hidden by the Fosmon case (even though it's clear.) Screen took a while to get here from etradesupply but that was expected. Extremely simple replacement!

Richard
    10-20-14 08:30 PM
    Came out great; nearly as good as new - just the little scratch on the lower bar, which is mostly hidden by the Fosmon case (even though it's clear.) Screen took a while to get here from etradesupply but that was expected. Extremely simple replacement!

Richard
    Sweet! Good to hear. I went with a white transform case after all. Little disappointed as I expected the texture to be the same or similar to the transform case I had on my Z10. But instead it's just as slippery as the actual phone material. And I also found the stand to be useless so I won't be usi g that feature at all.

So the search is still on for that TPU/rubber like full shell design that doesn't add bulk but looks great! Lol!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30! ?
    10-20-14 08:36 PM