Hello,

Is there any indication about the availability of the Passport and pricing in Australia? Do you think that the prices be higher than in the US?

Cheers

P.S. I have already emailed Kogan about this and they don't know when they will stock it. If people can email Kogan asking about the Passport, it might generate enough of an interest for them to stock it
    10-06-14 10:01 PM
    personaldigital com au have just confirmed express shipping of my order today, which they advised was from their Sydney warehouse (they do pick ups too) to me in Melbourne. Hope to get tomorrow! Check them out!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:36 PM
    Fingers crossed....!!

Nine BlackBerrys and counting....
    10-06-14 10:38 PM
    There are the global grey importers like personal digital and expansys and yotongo who are stocking the passport. That's why it is so expensive going through them. The supply chain adds to the cost. As far as the conventional route of Retailer (Harvey Norman) or carrier (Telstra, Optus and Vodafone), the rumours have optus business as the only stockists in Australia to be getting the device and I spoke with my local Optus store today who said that they will not be getting it.

It looks to me that Australian mobile industry has decided to universally pan the device...to their shame.
    The HUB likes this.
    10-06-14 11:42 PM
    It's still early days.

Btw: the phone is going through the ordinary channel. There are direct deals but most is going through Ingram Micro, Tech Data and so forth.

I believe some might be stocking it by the end of the year.....

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 11:46 PM
    I bought on shopbb usa when the discount was on, plus the FedEx international and GST I think I am paying about the $699 + tax US lol

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-06-14 11:52 PM
    I got it for $770+ courier from personaldigital which is a good price, but the exchange $ has changed and so has their price

Posted via CB10
    mendez777 likes this.
    10-06-14 11:56 PM
    I got it for $770+ courier from personaldigital which is a good price, but the exchange $ has changed and so has their price

Posted via CB10
    This is why we need a localised solution...we need fixed pricing, not pricing based on the fluctuations of the exchanges market.
    10-07-14 12:05 AM
    We are an Ingram partner so once it's available on there i can let you guys know and setup some purchase deals.
    10-07-14 12:08 AM
    Picked mine up yesterday from Personal Digital.
    Works perfect on Telstra 4G.
    10-07-14 06:45 PM
    Pre-ordered, bought and picked mine up from dubai during my travels last weekend from the official BlackBerry store. How much did you guys pay for it at personal digital including shipping?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:18 AM
    Optus will be selling it from wednesday, for business, and consumer. No price advertised though.

Passport in AUS?-img_20141013_220942.png

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 06:21 AM
    don't buy from yatango.. I ordered mine over a week ago they stated it was in stock, then got and email today saying eta in November. Ended up getting mine off ebay from a reseller.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:49 AM
    I wonder if every Optus store will have some in stock on Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:05 AM
    I sure hope so, though I do live in cbd in melbourne, so I think I'd have to have just horrible luck if I can't find one..... "I think"

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 03:03 PM
    I wonder if every Optus store will have some in stock on Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    Most stores in populated areas will have a few. Optus have said that the phone will only be available instore and not online or over the phone (Optus Direct Sales)
    10-13-14 03:56 PM
    I just went into (Sydney) CBD George St stores both Telstra and Optus to look and feel the new Passport or see when i can.
    Don't think i could let go of my Z30 but want to see how the Passport feels

OPTUS
    Comments:
    Me: "Do you have or are you getting the new BlackBerry Passport"?
    Optus: "sorry we don't sell BlackBerry"
    Me: "are you getting the new Passport in to the store?"
    Optus: "No sorry", we don't do BlackBerry

TELSTRA
    Comments:
    Me: "Do you have or are you getting the new BlackBerry Passport"?
    Telstra: "Sorry, we don't have any Blackberry's in the store"
    Me: "are you getting the new Passport in to the store?"
    Telstra: "i don't know, we don't do much Blackberry, we have the new Iphone thou!"

Me: Walked out shaking my head
    10-13-14 07:04 PM
    I also went to Optus stores here in Melbourne and was told they don't do blackberry anymore and don't know when they will!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:37 PM
    I also went to Optus stores here in Melbourne and was told they don't do blackberry anymore and don't know when they will!

Posted via CB10
    I called an Optus store today, I asked if they have the Blackberry Passport in stock, I was told no, and we are not sure If we will get it.

The person at the store I was speaking to mentioned "Are you that guy who came in yesterday asking too?"

No I was not, a lot of people in Australia want the phone, no other carrier is stocking it and the stores that are (such as Yatango and ThinkofUs) are shoddy to me. I do not want to result in buying the phone outright, the prices to get it here are ridiculous now that the intentional demand kicked in.

The demand is their, and honestly I am doubting Optus will really stock it as It is the 14th October and apparently it will be in stores in the 15th, yet no Optus store knows about it.
    Last edited by a32m; 10-14-14 at 01:18 AM.
    moeah likes this.
    10-13-14 09:22 PM
    i used to be with Optus with my Z10, when the Z30 came out i had to switch carriers to Telstra as OPtus told me they no longer carry BlackBerry.

So as my above post try both carriers today and no luck
    10-13-14 10:18 PM
    Just checked with the Optus store in wynyard, Sydney and the guy hadn't even heard of the passport. Looks like Optus will be doing a nationwide delivery and crash course of their staff before trade tomorrow!
    10-13-14 11:53 PM
    I plan on trawling the Optus stores in Melbourne CBD tomorrow as I've been itching to get my hands back on a BB with a physical keyboard since I gave up my bold for the z10. The passport looks like the work horse I've been looking for.
    10-14-14 05:16 AM
    Over generalisation I know, but aussie telcos know sh!t about their own stuff.... next month, I bet a few of them won't even know it if the passport is sitting right there..... I'm going to have some fun with the stores...

Nine BlackBerrys and counting....
    10-14-14 05:35 AM
    I plan on trawling the Optus stores in Melbourne CBD tomorrow as I've been itching to get my hands back on a BB with a physical keyboard since I gave up my bold for the z10. The passport looks like the work horse I've been looking for.
    You and me both brother.
    The fact that I'm drunk now may not help this plan.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:21 AM
    I will be in Singapore on my way home in 2 weeks, if I get a Passport there would it be easy to set up and use on Telstra? any advice would be appreciated.
    10-31-14 01:58 PM
29 12