STL-100-3, running the new 10.3.1.632, under clean install and then security wipe.

I have been having issues with my 32GB SD Card and subsequently my pictures, video, and music apps as well as my file manager app.
    My device won't register any of the pictures, music or videos from the card when I try to access them through their respective apps. After a lengthy "scanning media card" it comes up with no music/pictures/videos found.
    My File Manager will often just freeze when going through folders and will have to be shutdown and reopened, it'll fail to respond most times after that.
    I have OneDrive as well as Box installed.

I reformatted the card through the storage settings and transferred new files through the USB Mass Storage setting but still nothing.
    I've done multiple re-installs and security wipes.

Has anybody else had this issue? If so, do you have OneDrive or Box installed? My hypothesis is that it has something to do with the file manager but I'm not sure how to install an old file manager to be able to test that out.

Thanks for any help!

Edit:
    Solution: I transferred everything to a computer, formatted the sd card through my phone, and then folder by folder moved everything back. The previous postings were right in that it just took the phone time to scan everything but now that it has, everything is running smoothly. Thank you to everyone who helped.
    Last edited by jacksparook; 10-07-14 at 09:00 AM.
    10-06-14 03:04 PM
    STL-100-3 running 10.3.1.632. No issues, but this leak has the wipe on restart problem on my phone. Tried. 634 and it didn't wipe on reboot, but gave an error when trying to download the SDXC driver.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 03:11 PM
    I ve the same issue with my SD card on 10.3.1,I got tired of trying to fix it, so I revert back to 10.3.0, but it seems like the problem still exist at 10.3.0 which was not the case earlier, I now went further back to 10.2.2 and my SD card now is functional without hiccups.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 03:45 PM
    Took most of a day to index the 12k pics on my 32Gb SD. From my experience, patience is key. Rushing crap only breaks it, LoL.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-06-14 03:45 PM
    Took most of a day to index the 12k pics on my 32Gb SD. From my experience, patience is key. Rushing crap only breaks it, LoL.
    Unfortunately the problem persisted after I formatted the card and transferred only a dozen or so pictures.
    Theoretically, would it be possible to load only the file manager, and associated media apps from a previous build? Or should I just stick it out with 10.2.X until another 10.3.1 is leaked? Thanks!
    10-06-14 03:51 PM
    Unfortunately the problem persisted after I formatted the card and transferred only a dozen or so pictures.
    Theoretically, would it be possible to load only the file manager, and associated media apps from a previous build? Or should I just stick it out with 10.2.X until another 10.3.1 is leaked? Thanks!
    There's no other 10.3.1 to grab files from currently. I'd be a tad concerned about the SD card myself.
    10-06-14 03:56 PM
    There's no other 10.3.1 to grab files from currently. I'd be a tad concerned about the SD card myself.
    Cool, thanks for the help. I'm going to try another SD Card.
    10-06-14 04:19 PM
    STL-100-3, running the new 10.3.1.632, under clean install and then security wipe.

I have been having issues with my 32GB SD Card and subsequently my pictures, video, and music apps as well as my file manager app.
    My device won't register any of the pictures, music or videos from the card when I try to access them through their respective apps. After a lengthy "scanning media card" it comes up with no music/pictures/videos found.
    My File Manager will often just freeze when going through folders and will have to be shutdown and reopened, it'll fail to respond most times after that.
    I have OneDrive as well as Box installed.

I reformatted the card through the storage settings and transferred new files through the USB Mass Storage setting but still nothing.
    I've done multiple re-installs and security wipes.

Has anybody else had this issue? If so, do you have OneDrive or Box installed? My hypothesis is that it has something to do with the file manager but I'm not sure how to install an old file manager to be able to test that out.

Thanks for any help!
    Have you tried removing the SD card, waiting 30 seconds and inserting the card?
    This trick worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:09 PM
    Leave Link alone and back up everything with one of the many backup apps available. Back them up either to your SD Card, Dropbox, Box, etc.

That is what I ended up doing. I reloaded the OS, restored everything manually, and everything has been working like a charm.

Not only that, the manual restore was actually QUICKER and more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:50 AM
    Here's another thread that should help:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965285

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:54 AM
    Leave Link alone and back up everything with one of the many backup apps available. Back them up either to your SD Card, Dropbox, Box, etc.

That is what I ended up doing. I reloaded the OS, restored everything manually, and everything has been working like a charm.

Not only that, the manual restore was actually QUICKER and more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    Backup apps are great, but until BlackBerry let's developers have access to the API for word sub and browser bookmarks, they won't get the job done for me.
    10-07-14 06:40 AM
    Solution: I transferred everything to a computer, formatted the sd card through my phone, and then folder by folder moved everything back. The previous postings were right in that it just took the phone time to scan everything but now that it has, everything is running smoothly. Thank you to everyone who helped.
    10-07-14 09:00 AM
    Hello, I copied all to computer and formatted card on my device. Again i copied back to card. Still I m not able to see thumbnails in File Manager.

I just want to be able to see the thumbnails in file manager for pics & videos.

I am on Blackberry Q10 with 10.3.1.632. I have rebooted my phone many times too after install.

Please help & guide.
    10-08-14 08:39 AM
    Hello, I copied all to computer and formatted card on my device. Again i copied back to card. Still I m not able to see thumbnails in File Manager.

I just want to be able to see the thumbnails in file manager for pics & videos.

I am on Blackberry Q10 with 10.3.1.632. I have rebooted my phone many times too after install.

Please help & guide.
    Just let it be, and it will index. As I said earlier, it took most of a day on my Z10.
    10-08-14 10:06 AM
    Just let it be, and it will index. As I said earlier, it took most of a day on my Z10.
    But would they show thumbnails?
    10-08-14 10:46 AM
    But would they show thumbnails?
    Yes, it will.

10-08-14 10:49 AM
    the media started scanning yesterday then it hung the phone @ around 65%... after reboot it started to scan media card and its almost 24 hours now yet its stuck @ around 65-70% since 2 hours. Doesn't seem to move. Also whatever 65-70% media it has scanned it's not showing any thumbnails yet.

Hope it does complete soon. I m using Sandisk Ultra 32gb Micro SDCard.
    10-09-14 08:22 AM