How do u register a BB handheld device via Host Routing Table? Thx.
    11-26-07 05:01 PM
    If I understand the question correctly, just go into Options, Advanced Options, then HRT (Host Routing Table), then click the menu key and click register.
    11-26-07 05:07 PM
    Thx 4 the response, I know that it is done that way, however what is the use of Host Routing Table, is it related (or required) to the Enterprise Activation process? Or does it have a benefit of its own? Thx.
    11-27-07 08:53 AM
    it basically makes the network recognize your device, also allocates which networks your device is allowed to connect to..ie..AT&T, T-Mobile etc, basically helps identify your device on the services, each carriers has their services assigned to RIM and you need to access those services, HRT tells it what to connect to.
    11-27-07 09:00 AM
    any way to manually have it registered since I'm not technically in 'their' service area to register my 8830?
    02-11-08 11:13 PM
    I have TMobile and have tried to "register now" but the "HRT Editor" remains empty. Is this normal?
    02-15-08 03:07 PM
    Is your 8310 unlocked, as if not it is locked to another carrier and possibly not recognizing your sim, therefor not registering.
    02-15-08 03:14 PM
    If your HRT is empty, then you need to purchase a service plan through your carrier. Once the plan is purchased they will either register your BB or you can then do it from the HRT which will now be populated.
    02-15-08 06:00 PM
    I have an unlocked 8300 on Tmob with tzones. I've registered my device with TMobile--when I log into my Tmob account online through my PC, I can add and delete e-mail addresses and I've created a tmo.blackberry.net address. I have a couple TMobile service books but nothing under HRT.

Additionally, I don't have an e-mail icon in my home screen, only the icon to set it up. Do I have to have a BB plan to get the e-mail icon? Thanks
    02-15-08 11:23 PM
    Without anything in the HRT you will get nothing. The HRT tells the system where you are and registers you willl the local towers for you to cnnect to. Once the HRT is populated, all of your info should get pushed to the device, since it is all registered with T-Mo already. Can you get a signal on the device?? Hate to sound basic but is the radio turned on??
    02-16-08 03:04 AM
    I had a similar problem. Registered with ATT but didn't have full service. Looked at HRT and it was empty.

Called customer service and for some reason my account didn't show it was registered. It was an upgrade so it may have been reversed during the 30 day trial. They registered it remotely and now HRT is populated and I've got all functionality.
    02-16-08 08:33 AM
    Yep, I get a signal on the device. I can make calls, send MMS, and surf the web through my tzones browser (though it doesn't always connect). I'm not sure what you mean by radio (can't find that option anywhere) but I have "mobile network" on. I'd call TMobile about it but don't know if they're going to give me problems for using tzones on a BB (reps tell customers they can't use it and must have a BB package).

Is the lack of info in HRT the reason I can't get anything to work (Gmail app, google maps)?
    02-16-08 10:16 AM
    If all you are worried about is GMAIL app and google maps, then that is something totally different than what I have been talking about previously. The part that transmits for the call is the GPRS transmitting radio. The term confuses lots but that is the correct term for it. So in order to turn the phone off you are actually turning off the radio. The maps won't work without a BB plan, period end of story, as there is no workaround.
    Last edited by squeakr; 02-16-08 at 10:36 AM.
    snaker190 likes this.
    02-16-08 10:29 AM
    I have a question. I have just purchased a unopened 7750 that I believe is locked to Verizon, which is fine with me. I Keep getting the Data Connection Refused, My HRT is empty, I have verified my data package with Verizon as well as my BB acct.

When I go to ##000000 (CDMA Service Program Edit Scrn), the username is correct, however, the PW returns to empty each time. The network has my info, pin, etc correct, however, my device is not getting the service books or updating the HRT. Any Input at this time would be helpful. Sorry if off topic a little.
    04-02-08 03:54 PM
    I am using google maps, Without a balckberry plan, I am using ALOT of things without a blackberry plan.

I am on at&t's pick your plan, with unltd txt and media net, But at&t assures me that I cannot send mms, or access media net, or download apps or anything, because I do not have a contract, and I do not have a blackbery plan.

ALL OF WICH I AM DOING, without running up my minutes. It works just like it should with a contract.

I have a Pearl 8100, running 4.5.0.37 (platform 2.7.0.55)
    I was having trouble running this os, until i used jl cmder to wipe handset, then installed 4.5, now this thing, can do EVERYTHING! Just wanted people to know DO NOT listen to those at&t guys, they know JACK! you CAN do it, you just gotta be willing to do your homework, that's it.
    06-28-08 05:26 PM
    I was having trouble running this os, until i used jl cmder to wipe handset, then installed 4.5, now this thing, can do EVERYTHING! Just wanted people to know DO NOT listen to those at&t guys, they know JACK! you CAN do it, you just gotta be willing to do your homework, that's it.

Is this still working for you? If so, I might try it on one of my old devices.
    07-23-08 12:03 PM
    I am using google maps, Without a balckberry plan, I am using ALOT of things without a blackberry plan.

I am on at&t's pick your plan, with unltd txt and media net, But at&t assures me that I cannot send mms, or access media net, or download apps or anything, because I do not have a contract, and I do not have a blackbery plan.

ALL OF WICH I AM DOING, without running up my minutes. It works just like it should with a contract.

Hi There!
    how can i do this? i have the pearl 8120 and NO BB plan
    thanks
    04-21-09 07:02 AM
    Iv just been given the 8820. My current contract is with vodafone, however the phone was originally on orange. I have had it unlocked. Once it was unlocked, i went to speak to vodafone to add blackberry services to my contract.

I then attempted to activate the services (email push etc) by registering the phone with vodaphone. I was given a link to do this (mobileemail . vodafone. net/). Once I gave my PIN and IMEI numbers i was told I can not create an account until I am registered with my wireless service provider.

This is where i am guided to the host routing table. After registering and turning the phone off and on i recieved a message. It said that i have been registered with the wireless network. So far so good!

However, when i returned to try and create the account again, i had the same problem. The message telling me to register with my wireless service provider appeared again, all despite recieving a message telling me that i have.

On top of this the HRT seems to be populated where before it was blank.

i have tryed to repeat this process several times with no luck. does anyone have any thoughts that could help me??

thanks
    07-29-09 04:52 PM
    Call your carrier it sounds like their problem...
    07-29-09 04:56 PM

I have a sneaky suspicion that it is not a matter of it being possible rather than a matter of policy. A technician at Mobistar told me it should not work at all without blackberry.mobistar.be, so I take it without a BB plan, but a tech before that said I had been initially placed on an iPhone plan, and there was no problem for two months. I have a Canadian Blackberry originally from Bell. When I arrived here in Belgium, I went to a Mobistar centre (my first mistake, customer service is terrible but beside the point) and they put a SIM in it and it worked. I was set up with a plan, which seems to have been an iPhone plan, and sent on my way. I didn't have to do anything and everything worked fine, I got my emails pushed to my handheld, google maps, the weather networks weathereye, facebook, no problems at all.

after two months, data services stopped. SMS and voice calls only. It didin't fix itself, so after finally managing to get someone on the phone, he said because I was on an iPhone plan, every once in a while, when the server does a poll or something, it didn't find an iphone and he said it "blocked" data services. Why!? It was fine, just leave it alone. Well, he says he could reset or something, but eventually it will happen again, so he changes it to a BB plan, and now I am having the same problem as antwan89:

However, when i returned to try and create the account again, i had the same problem. The message telling me to register with my wireless service provider appeared again, all despite recieving a message telling me that i have.
    thanks
    Did you ever solve the problem? I went to blackberry.mobistar.be which the last tech I spoke to mentioned briefly but didn't say I had to go to since the browser seemed to be working all the data service should have been fine. They are not. So at blackberry.mobistar.be, I enter my PIN and IMEI, and I get a message from bis.eu.blackberry.com saying that the handset isn't registered with the provider and that I should go to the host routing table, which was populated already, and register. I got a message back saying it was registered but still no luck at blackberry.mobistar.be

It is stupid, frustrating, and rather ridiculous, that things were working better, no, perfectly, without a blackberry plan, and now they don't work at all! I didn't really care about how the phone worked, but the longer this goes on the more I get the feeling it is because of policies that exist to profit from the user and I am getting curious.
    01-22-10 01:33 PM

Can you help me to activate my GPRS and use all the things you said. I have a bb 8120 and ive inputted the apn but still gprs is still not working and my carrier tells me its supposed to be working
    01-28-10 07:44 AM
    I am able to send and receive texts, I get a voicemail notification but I can not make receive calls. I wiped the device, then installed a fresh OS 4.7. I enabled legacy mode to add the T-mobile servicebook. Added servicebook, I still can not make calls, radio is on I have 3 bars. Empty on the host routing table. Can anyone help???
    03-15-10 08:57 PM
    To darkstar3D:

did you have some kind of cell phone service on the phone when you wiped it? if so the wipe didnt affect IN ANY WAY the phone after the wipe for example you finished the wipe and you turned on your phone and everything worked?
    04-12-10 04:37 PM
    Email me at Dartanyan.Flores@gmail if you'd like to use all services with BB.... all the problems listed in this entire blog thing, I have recently done perfectly and all is working perfectly...
    bbaleno likes this.
    04-23-10 10:34 AM
    I have a very similar problem, sorry that this was so long ago. My Host Routing Table is also empty, and I sent a 'Register Now' to which I had the reply 'Registration Message Sent!' .. what now? What does that do and how do I access the internet now?
    08-05-10 02:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD