Long time ex-iPhone user I now have a brand new Passport.

I searched for the free PayPal app and it appears to be available for the Passport - but I can not for the life of me get "in" to the Google Play store to get same.

I continue to that that damn "You haven't accessed the Google Play Store app on your device with this email account.." error message and can't get by same.

Could someone offer a how-to - oh, the PayPal app does not appear to be availalbe thru the BlackBerry World area either...

???
    10-05-14 11:21 AM
    Amazon appstore has it although it's region locked to a few countries I think

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    10-05-14 11:24 AM
    Got it fine in Ireland from 1 Mobile Marketplace

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:31 AM
    Getting the PayPal app for my new Passport?-img_20141005_173049.png sorry, screenshot attached.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:31 AM
    not in Amazon Store - search returns NO PayPal app...
    went to this 1 mobile marketplace and am lost....
    the d/l appeared to happen, but I can't find an install button - what I get is a series of folders with various 'files' in same...
    again so "new" that I'm lost...
    anyone got a pointer to a video that can show me how to d/l then unzip then install a bloody app???
    10-05-14 11:45 AM
    I got mine using snap

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-05-14 12:05 PM
    10-05-14 12:14 PM
    Snap is a native front end for the Google Play Store. It can be used to download apps from the Google Play Store to your device. I highly recommend it. PayPal is available via this method, and it works fine. It may ask you for Google Play Services, but you can simply bypass this by clicking elsewhere on the screen.

Here are directions for installation:

On your computer:
    If you aren't already using it, download Google Chrome (the browser).
    Open Google Chrome, and install the BB10 / PlayBook App Manager extension.

Go to: http://redlightoflove.com/snap/
    Download Snap.

On your device:
    Go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Development Mode. Switch Development Mode to "On."
    Go to Settings > About > Network. Your IPV4 address is listed here.

On your computer:
    Open Google Chrome and start the PlayBook App Manager extension.
    Type in the IPV4 address listed in your device's network settings.
    Login to your device. It will warn you that the connection isn't secure; go to advanced settings and proceed anyway.
    Drag the Snap.bar (from the location you downloaded it to) to the install queue (located in the upper right corner of the PlayBook App Manager extension page).
    This will sideload Snap on your device.

On your device:
    Go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Development Mode. Switch Development Mode to "Off."
    Open Snap; sign in with your Google account.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ceckland; 10-05-14 at 12:34 PM.
    Mecca EL and SmileDahling like this.
    10-05-14 12:17 PM
    @ceckland. Very well done. AKA do what ^ said.

BleedBlk-
    10-05-14 12:26 PM
    Just checked myself. Doesn't show in Amazon App Store, and when I tried the one from Snap, it said it required Google Play Services. Not encouraging.
    10-05-14 12:27 PM
    sigh...
    thanks ceckland - your how to worked perfectly....got Snap, went and got PayPal and it's installed - BUT - while I was able to login to my PayPal account etc - it now says "this app wont run without Google Play Services" and the button when clicked to go get same brings up a modal window that says "Unfortunatly, PayPal has stopped. OK" and then the app closes.
    ???
    10-05-14 12:41 PM
    Hm. I downloaded it the other day. Give me a second to reinstall, and I'll be back with my results.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 12:50 PM
    sigh...
    thanks ceckland - your how to worked perfectly....got Snap, went and got PayPal and it's installed - BUT - while I was able to login to my PayPal account etc - it now says "this app wont run without Google Play Services" and the button when clicked to go get same brings up a modal window that says "Unfortunatly, PayPal has stopped. OK" and then the app closes.
    ???
    So, when the request for Google Play Services comes up, just tap elsewhere on the screen-- anywhere but the notification box. The notification will exit, and it should work fine.

There is a patch you can do for Google Play Services, but I'm not sure if it still works, how effective it is, or how much effort it entails.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 12:55 PM
    How come you just don't use the mobile site? Go to your browser, go to paypal.com and hit add it to your home screen from the 3 dot menu. It works just as good, and adds the nice Paypal logo to your home screen.

Getting the PayPal app for my new Passport?-img_20141005_135303.png

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 12:55 PM
    Okay, I just tried also, and it did seem to function fine after bypassing the Google Play Services warning. I transferred money from my PayPal account to my bank, and it worked. Will also checkout the mobile site as suggested and compare to the app.

Edit: Gotta admit, the mobile site seems just as functional at first glance. I logged in, navigated to account Summery, and then added a Home screen Bookmark, so I get taken right there when clicking on the icon. Thinking I may delete the Android app.

Check it out, JVR, both suggestions here seem to work.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 10-05-14 at 01:17 PM.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    10-05-14 01:06 PM
    Google play store will not allow you to download apps although it can be accessed.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-05-14 03:09 PM
    not in Amazon Store - search returns NO PayPal app...
    went to this 1 mobile marketplace and am lost....
    the d/l appeared to happen, but I can't find an install button - what I get is a series of folders with various 'files' in same...
    again so "new" that I'm lost...
    anyone got a pointer to a video that can show me how to d/l then unzip then install a bloody app???
    Look for side loading here on crack berry it's listed and will explain in more detail how to download android apps.

10-05-14 03:11 PM
    Restricted in Canada, even when I click on the link via my computer.

"We're sorry
    You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions."
    10-05-14 03:14 PM
    Google play store will not allow you to download apps although it can be accessed.

That's what Snap is for.
    10-05-14 03:21 PM
    Look for side loading here on crack berry it's listed and will explain in more detail how to download android apps.

I think you missed a good portion of this thread. He already has it loaded.
    10-05-14 03:22 PM
    I also downloaded Paypal app from Snap. I got the warning that the app needed Google services. I clicked away from the warning and was able to transfer $5 to my checking account. The app seems to work fine, even though it gives that warning.
    10-05-14 05:16 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've searched and searched for ways to get the PayPal app downloaded to my BlackBerry Passport with no success.
    12-22-14 05:41 PM
    I have Paypal downloaded from Snap.

Getting the PayPal app for my new Passport?-img_20141222_202731.png

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 10:29 PM