i just posted this in another thread but wanted to share my experience... i just called Digital River and they are investigating the source of the coupon... the Customer Service Rep told me that IF they validate the source as legitimate THEN they will honor the price.. i made a search for the coupon and i found that it was valid for 15% for all accessories, not mention for phones... so, now looks to me that it was a simple mistake and i won't be surprised if they reverse every single purchase... i won't tell DR about my finding, but i guess it is just matter of time for them to realize by themselves...
    10-04-14 11:34 AM
    Interesting we'll see

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:38 AM
    Is that legal? Sounds like a bait and switch deal to me...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:43 AM
    call them again, mine will be arriving Tuesday before 4:30 pm, at the coupon price of $449 + $5.61 shipping US

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:02 PM
    i just posted this in another thread but wanted to share my experience... i just called Digital River and they are investigating the source of the coupon... the Customer Service Rep told me that IF they validate the source as legitimate THEN they will honor the price.. i made a search for the coupon and i found that it was valid for 15% for all accessories, not mention for phones... so, now looks to me that it was a simple mistake and i won't be surprised if they reverse every single purchase... i won't tell DR about my finding, but i guess it is just matter of time for them to realize by themselves...
    Well if the coupon wasn't legit why would it work? The source would be them....

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:13 PM
    Is that legal? Sounds like a bait and switch deal to me...

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's legal. It's not hard for a company to prove that it was mistake. To be a bait and switch deal the burden to prove it is pretty steep.

It's no different than an ad placed in the paper accidentally prints the item for the wrong price, the retailer has the legal right to reject honoring it - even if the mistake was not the fault of the one printing the ad.

Many times you will see that mistake with local grocery stores and sometimes with local car dealerships.

In this case they could just say it was an unintentional and overlooked error on their part and that would be that.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:15 PM
    Hopefully it's not a mistake...
    10-04-14 07:19 PM
    I hope it is a mistake.......and they STILL honor them because that would be an epic customer service move and very smart.
    Cobrajett, annon91221 and JGoodard like this.
    10-04-14 07:23 PM
    This coupon was supposed to be a 15% discount for accessories from the shop blackberry website. It was/is on all of the coupon sharing websites. I posted this last night while coupon/gate was going on. I hope that everyones orders go through for the sake of all that purchased. It's a great device, you'll all love it. But, I think everyone needs to be prepared. Clearly something in the system allowed this to slip through the cracks. The coupon could not be used on any other devices, I also tried that last night.

All that can be done now is wait and hope the orders go through!!! Good luck!

Here is an example of a coupon sharing site that still has the code posted:

Promo Code SHOPBBSAVE15 - Save 15% off of a brand new BlackBerr...
    10-04-14 07:26 PM
    They already shipped my package somewhere on the plane now flying 1200 miles to my door step on Tuesdays. This is going to be chaos if they say they made a mistake and don't honor it just think of how many people cancel their back order from Sept 25th for full price at shopbb & amazon and lots of people canceling their reservation from carrier to jump on this deal.
    I hope it is a mistake.......and they STILL honor them because that would be an epic customer service move and very smart.

I agree with this sentiment entirely!!
    They already shipped my package somewhere on the plane now flying 1200 miles to my door step on Tuesdays. This is going to be chaos if they say they made a mistake and don't honor it just think of how many people cancel their back order from Sept 25th for full price at shopbb & amazon and lots of people canceling their reservation from carrier to jump on this deal.
    Once it's in your possession there is nothing they can do. If they try to charge the difference then all you have to do is dispute the charge as being unauthorized.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:36 PM
    they know what they sold them for

Valid Coupon?-img_20141004_153614_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:59 PM
    Well I had my invoice already so, hope they honour it. Still waiting for shipping confirmation.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-04-14 08:04 PM
    Digital River is a pretty crappy fulfillment operation. What kind of technology company sells their product this way...place order, get an email it could be up to 48 hours to confirm your order, send out a confirmation email a few hours later, another couple hours later send out emails, saying the item you ordered is back ordered... total sh!2 show.

Very low budget company, i am not surprised if they screwed up the promotion. If these are the same people that did the playbook launch they are basically just incompetent thieves. They would put discount promos out and then charge full price, delivery a week later than promised, terrible. Not sure it's the same group but if so be aware.
    10-04-14 08:08 PM
    I think it would be a scandal for them not to honour the price to those who secured the deal - I have a confirmed order and will be some upset if they cancel or try to change it. It would be interesting to know just how many orders were placed under the reduced price...I would think a couple hundred at most - hardly fatal to the Passport release. It's odd though that the coupon said SAVE15 when the discount was actually 25%?

Stay tuned - waiting impatiently for the shipping confirmation. When I spoke to the DigitalRiver folks earlier, it was suggested that Monday was the shipping date for my order...no talk of amendments or cancellations, and they had long dropped the coupon by that point. Fingers crossed...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:09 PM
    My speculation is that this was NOT a mistake - rather it was a deliberate plant by BBRY as a gift to loyal fans.on Crackberry.

I first ordered at regular price and then after the coupon, I ordered another.

Turns out the coupon order processed and shipped in one day due to arrive Tuesday , whereas the non-coupon order (placed first) still is on backorder status.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 01:47 AM
    My speculation is that this was NOT a mistake - rather it was a deliberate plant by BBRY as a gift to loyal fans.on Crackberry.
    I like the sentiment but I don't follow your logic. The code was first known to coupon sharing sites, not released to Crackberry directly. It only became known here when ikalinin posted it after seeing it on one of those sites and trying it on a Passport. A search on the internet showed this coupon code showing up before yesterday and being advertised as "15% off accessories - good until Nov 1st." If JC was trying to give loyal fans a perk that was a pretty round-about and inefficient way to do it since anyone in the US or Canada could have used it.

Or are you proposing that only a Crackberrian would be clever enough to try it on a Passport and receive an unadvertised additional discount, and once enough additional Crackberrians had ordered it, ShopBB/DigitalRiver would then pull the coupon before it's official end date of Nov. 1st because they were satisfied enough hardcore fans got a Passport?
    10-05-14 04:51 AM