Hi everyone.

Developer of NeverMaze and Alpha Memory (FREE and open source) here.

My latest game The Battle of Cloud Haven is now available in BlackBerry World. It is FREE and runs on all BlackBerry 10 devices (yes, including Passport). At this time it is exclusive to BlackBerry 10.

Here is a 45 second demo video:

And here are some screenshots:

The Battle of Cloud Haven (FREE)-battle-cloud-haven-title.png

The Battle of Cloud Haven (FREE)-battle-cloud-haven-controls.png

The Battle of Cloud Haven (FREE)-battle-cloud-haven-combat.png

The game is pretty simple: you are a Hero, and you must defend the sleepy village of Cloud Haven from invading monsters. Controls are: left touch to move, right touch to attack.

I made the game for the BlackBerry employee hackathon, and my daughter helped. I spent a lot of time working on the character animation, player control, enemy AI, and basic game logic. My daughter helped a lot with the terrain sculpting and painting, object placement, and some art direction.

It isn't everything we envisioned due to the hackathon deadline, and also being sick recently didn't help my productivity. I'm just glad we got something done. Sorry we didn't have time for sound. And yeah the controls could use some tuning. What can I say, if it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done. :-)

Originally we wanted more heroes, more monsters, more abilities (definitely ranged attacks), and more areas to explore outside the village (dungeons!). I over-ambitiously already bought the assets for them (5 heroes, 8 monsters, combat animations, etc.), but sadly they take time to integrate into the game (development is more difficult than most people imagine).

It occurred to me that I could make a one-time 99 cent "unlock the full game" in-app purchase to get all those extras (still keeping the basic game playable of course, I'm not trying to make a "freemium" game). But I'm not sure demand would be sufficient to warrant the huge amount of work. That's no big deal, I already got everything I wanted out of this game (mainly, playing with Unity3D), and I'm already planning my next game (probably a helicopter shooter similar to Assault Heroes on XBLA).

I'll probably push at least one update to fix the menu on Passport/Q10/Q5 (it's supposed to have a cool camera effect like on Z10/Z3/Z30) and whatever little issues I can easily improve, maybe add QWERTY controls. However at this time I am not planning on adding more content to the game as originally envisioned. If you think this game is really cool and would be worth 99 cents for fleshing out, now is your chance to speak your mind. (I forgot to add a poll.)

Currently, you cannot buy my free games, because they are free. If you really want to give me a dollar, though, you can buy NeverMaze. :-)

Anyways, enjoy, and drop a comment here if you have anything to say.

Oh and you can follow me on twitter if you're interested in game development stuff: @marc_lepage
    Last edited by mlepage; 10-02-14 at 09:22 PM.
    sushistew likes this.
    10-02-14 08:19 PM
    wow this looks really good, thanks for another well made game.
    ashisharma90 likes this.
    10-02-14 09:27 PM
    The low poly graphics look great in this game, make sure to give it a try!
    10-04-14 11:01 AM
    Here's a photo of my girls at the hackathon working on the game, they are in Unity, adding objects to the terrain they made.

The Battle of Cloud Haven (FREE)-girls-hackathon-unity.jpg
    10-06-14 10:15 AM