10-02-14 12:17 PM
    Great article from the man himself. Now, if he wrote every word himself, I'm really impressed.

And good on CNBC for publishing it.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 12:31 PM
    Greasy interview(er). Was it just me or was their a laugh track inserted near the end when Chen was talking?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    10-02-14 12:38 PM
    Very Nice!
    My favorite part was:

" most smartphones are better designed for helping users kill time than making the most of it."
    10-02-14 12:45 PM
    I wish he would comment on the really bad planned out launch in Canada. It's Oct.2nd and no Rogers wireless stores here in Vancouver have em!? I guess BlackBerry's home country gets no BlackBerry love!?

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    10-02-14 12:46 PM
    anyone who uses the words iPhone killer to describe their product is already losing.
    10-02-14 12:48 PM
    John Chen is my hero. I hope he can continue to lead the Blackberry rebound.
    10-02-14 01:21 PM
    JC is the super hero!!! Now we can be sure of a profitable upcoming quarter and passport success

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    10-02-14 01:26 PM
    Unfortunately about 4 weeks away from Rogers having any...Direct from Business accounts loyalty program. They don't have any:

Blackberry have not shipped any to Rogers, because BB do not have any available to ship until end of month now!!
    10-02-14 01:28 PM
    My cousin spoke to BlackBerry n they said shipping for the 6th...
    10-02-14 01:38 PM
    Nice read. Thanks.
    10-02-14 02:10 PM
    Not an iPhone killer and that's ok! I love that, because it is true. They did not launch (create) the Passport to compete with the iPhone- they were making something different that actually works for what it does. Users that wants a larger screen with a Keyboard- as simple as that. Along with an OS that is relatively new and have tons of room for improvements/upgrades. I love the Passport for what it is and what it does... Thanks OP for sharing!
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    10-02-14 02:12 PM
    The really are going back to their roots, even dusting off the "Tools not Toys" mantra. OK
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    10-02-14 02:14 PM
    I wish he would comment on the really bad planned out launch in Canada. It's Oct.2nd and no Rogers wireless stores here in Vancouver have em!? I guess BlackBerry's home country gets no BlackBerry love!?

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    And yet my experience was different. I ordered my Passport the morning of the 25 from Shop BlackBerry and it arrived on the evening of the 26th.

My wife on the other hand pro-ordered an iPhone 6+ on the 16th 3 days before it was "supposed" to be available in stores. It was backordered and delivery won't be until 17th of October or later. I went to the local Telus and Rogers stores yesterday and Telus had the Passort but have need seen their 1st iPhone 6+. The Rogers store not only did not have any iPhone 6 or 6+.

Even their iPhone 6 display was empty. Does this mean that Apple botched their launch even too, or many they both (along with carriers) just underestimated the demand. Certainly BlackBerry did not want to get caught with a lot of unsold inventory again. I guess you can't win no matter what you do.
    austriker likes this.
    10-02-14 02:54 PM
    And yet my experience was different. I ordered my Passport the morning of the 25 from Shop BlackBerry and it arrived on the evening of the 26th.

My wife on the other hand pro-ordered an iPhone 6+ on the 16th 3 days before it was "supposed" to be available in stores. It was backordered and delivery won't be until 17th of October or later. I went to the local Telus and Rogers stores yesterday and Telus had the Passort but have need seen their 1st iPhone 6+. The Rogers store not only did not have any iPhone 6 or 6+.

Even their iPhone 6 display was empty. Does this mean that Apple botched their launch even too, or many they both (along with carriers) just underestimated the demand. Certainly BlackBerry did not want to get caught with a lot of unsold inventory again. I guess you can't win no matter what you do.
    Actually, you can win; get your wife a passport too. This way you can take advantage of all that BlackBerry to BlackBerry has to offer.

Failing that, you can always get one through the Apple stores that are everywhere. Just don't put it in your pocket!
    10-03-14 10:50 AM