So as the title of the post suggests I am trying to gather some view points from UK passport users.

I gave into purchasing the Passport before the cases were released as I was too tempted... My first impression is that there is significant improvements to the Q10 for me. For me there is not a major learning curve with the keyboard. However I did find the opening tutorials lacking.

I am trying to install my apps from scratch, rather then doing a device switch but I have had a few issues with some apps not being compatible. Does any one have issues with apps? Please can you tell me which ones....

I desperately need a cover, as I will agree with some other posters, that smudge marks easily appear on the device.

On a positive note, three colleges have all placed orders for the device, after trying mine.
    10-01-14 11:06 AM
    Hopefully will get mine tomorrow will let you know on my opinions about the device.
    10-01-14 11:12 AM
    overall I'd say this is the best phone I've ever owned. But I don't expect the general public to agree.

I'm going to get the negatives out the way first, because I don't want to get accused of eulogising the phone. I shall move on to doing that unashamedly shortly.

Cons:

It is is very large and awkward to hold, and I have yet to find a completely comfortable way to do this, but each day it gets better.
    swipe up on kb for words is temperamental, on one occasion taking over 20 times before I gave up and typed the word.
    sometimes if find kb entry field focus just disappears while in use, no doubt due to some action I've inadvertently taken, so your typing goes into the ether
    trackpad use of kb is far from accurate
    Lack of cases on the market is a pain, as the build quality on the back surfaces does lead to severe smudges as many have attested to.
    Screen join at the top to the casing is a severe dust trap.

Now, onto the pros:

Beautiful screen, no issues in broad sunlight at all.
    appearance of the device is excellent, glossy finishes on the front glass etc - very nice on the eye
    signal reception truly amazing in areas i did not expect it to be
    Perfect viewing size and aspect for all types of content, even video despite peoples concerns about 16:9
    Battery is definetly far superior to any on the market so far
    Performance of phone is faultless - very smooth and lag free
    Blend is a killer feature, although that is not so much passport, but 10.3. but it is passport only for now.
    Sound quality noticeably improved.
    kb feel a vast improvement on the q10, fantastic feel to the keys when pressed
    Camera is really quite superb
    speakerphone really is something else. too many times i've had other parties complain they can't hear me on speakerphone. This works perfectly and have had no complaints to date.

No issues with apps for myself but I guess that is always going to be a personal choice
    So as the title of the post suggests I am trying to gather some view points from UK passport users.

I gave into purchasing the Passport before the cases were released as I was too tempted... My first impression is that there is significant improvements to the Q10 for me. For me there is not a major learning curve with the keyboard. However I did find the opening tutorials lacking.

I am trying to install my apps from scratch, rather then doing a device switch but I have had a few issues with some apps not being compatible. Does any one have issues with apps? Please can you tell me which ones....

I desperately need a cover, as I will agree with some other posters, that smudge marks easily appear on the device.

On a positive note, three colleges have all placed orders for the device, after trying mine.
    UKAsh likes this.
    10-01-14 11:30 AM
    swipe up on kb for words is temperamental, on one occasion taking over 20 times before I gave up and typed the word.
    I have the same issue and was assuming it was because I have not taken the original plastic off the screen... my screen protector is in transit.

trackpad use of kb is far from accurate
    I am having some issues too in regards to this, but I have put that down to not using the device enough to work out the optimal method/process of use.
    10-01-14 11:40 AM
    No issues with apps for myself but I guess that is always going to be a personal choice
    If I am totally honest, I am more than a little peeved that there still isn't any native UK banking apps. Especially since BBOS 7 does have these.
    Last edited by UKAsh; 10-01-14 at 11:58 AM.
    10-01-14 11:44 AM
    If I am totally honest, I am more than a little peeved that their still isn't any native UK banking apps. Especially since BBOS 7 does have these.
    I've been waiting for this since I got my Z10. Very disappointed.

I have to use mobile versions of bank websites and it works OK but an app would be a lot more fluid.

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    10-01-14 11:55 AM

I have to use mobile versions of bank websites and it works OK but an app would be a lot more fluid.

The mobile web versions are temperamental at the best of times.
    10-01-14 12:07 PM
    I'm enjoying my passport immensely. I'm not a business man but do tend to message,email, browse the Web and listen to my music a lot. The passport addresses these with ease.

I find the call quality excellent and the signal strength is amazing where my previous phones would have struggled. Battery life lasts into the second day easily without any problems.

Reading using the kindle app is enjoyable and I do find the form factor really good for this.

I would like more banking apps. The natwest app works well and I installed the Amex app as well. Sadly barclays and PayPal won't play ball.

The keyboard does take a bit of time to get used to but becomes second nature after a while. You actually find yourself stringing sentences along rather rapidly with the suggestions and using the keyboard more for initially kicking off keywords.

I do agree it is a 2 handed device but as someone mentioned in another thread. It means I concentrate more on whichever task I am doing at the time.

Having made the switch from an iPhone I'm really impressed. The iPhone was a good phone but I love my passport a little bit more.

Posted via CB10
    UKAsh likes this.
    10-01-14 12:28 PM
    there is - nat west? well , its in the bb world store, can't tell if its a port or not tbh lol but it works, if that's your bank.

If I am totally honest, I am more than a little peeved that there still isn't any native UK banking apps. Especially since BBOS 7 does have these.
    10-01-14 04:01 PM
    I've already wrote my thoughts so many times about this wonderful phone but one more won't hurt right? Ha.

I love the Passport. Think it's a great device. Like others, I'll start with the cons:

CONS

Some of the apps don't work well with the Passport. Apps from the BlackBerry app world like BX Battery Info opens and works as normal, but when you come out of the app and leave it on the home screen, there is an 'app gap' with white bars which just looks ugly and unsightly. Also some apps like iGrann do not look as good, definite stretching going on here which is a shame.

Banking apps. Already discussed above. Highly annoying.

Some bugs still going on with the software. Battery problems experienced and phone overheating. I found out it was BlackBerry blend which was eating up all my battery so just closed it. It has been other apps doing it to other people though.

Phone freezing and restarting - happened a couple of times to me.

PROS

Screen. Amazing.

Apps. Although it is a con of mine it is also a plus. Some apps just look amazing on this screen. Netflix is one I personally keep banging on about as it just works so well.

Keypad. Though it takes aaaages to get used to, once you're fluid on this thing it is a game changer. The track pad things I mean. It just works so well, so fluid and precise. I could still do with an extra row but that's just me.

Battery life. When you get over any problems it does become a great long battery experience. Definitely the best battery I have had on a phone.

Sound quality. Brilliant. For listening to music it is great!

BlackBerry Blend. Works so well. I tried it with my macbook. I would never use it on a business level (not a business man) but can see how it would be a great addition to anyone's computer set up.

The LED. It's what BlackBerry is known for and I just love it. It's always a BlackBerry pro for me

BlackBerry 10.3. You all know how great this is but 10.3 really is a big step up.

I just love the device. A couple of the cons are beginning to annoy me especially the phone freezing which happened to me twice today, but these aside the phone is just great. Ever so slightly smaller and an extra row of keys it'd be the absolute perfect device. But for what it is I am totally in love.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 04:47 PM
    The banking app situation sucks big time... it's hard to imagine considering this device is being marketed to enterprise customers only.
    10-01-14 07:40 PM
    Thanks for BlackBerry Blend tip...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 02:30 AM

Enable desktop mode in your browser settings. This screen displays full webpages beautifully so no need for mobile sites.

Via CB10 from Scotland on my awesome PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1172
    10-02-14 04:54 AM
    Excellent phone. Can't think of anything better for me.

The swipe up on the keyboard for me was awful to start with but has now become very easy to use? not sure what has changed!
    10-02-14 05:00 AM
    I get mine tomorrow I can't wait !!!!
    10-02-14 05:38 AM