Not sure whether this is something others have experienced, but when typing fast on my Passport, sometimes some of the keys make a bit of a crunching click / motion, a bit like they may have wobbled slightly and not clicked fully down. When I try to replicate the sensation by pressing the keys in isolation one by one, they are fine. Is this normal?
    09-30-14 05:26 PM
    New device, I expect your keys to be 'crunchy' until they get broken in... lol. As for wobbly, well.. did they wobble and not actually type or not? There is no 'may have', they either did or didn't. Only you know. Generally though, your keys should be stiff or otherwise hard to press until they get used a bit.
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    09-30-14 06:22 PM
    I have noticed this too. But only on my B key and only the first time I click it after phone has been at rest for a bit. It's like I'm pushing it back into place...with a rather unsatisfying feeling. I'll keep watching. If it stays like this, not enough to bother me.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:25 PM
    Experienced this as well for the first few days, but found as previous poster said, they broke in over time and now none are crunchy/squeeky anymore.
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    09-30-14 06:30 PM
    It probably is just breaking in a new keyboard then. There isn't a wobble that I can detect when pressing the keys one by one, I think it's actually just that some keys are currently slightly stiffer than others. Combined with the occasional crunching sound, it tricks the brain into thinking some of the keys aren't seated properly.
    09-30-14 06:34 PM
    I have noticed the same, and I ended up realizing that in some instances, I was hitting more than one key at the same time, but not hard enough to cause the second button to type. Only slightly annoying, but all part of the learning curve.

JB

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:54 AM
    Just got my passport and first thing I did was to press each and every key to see if there was any crunching etc. Happy to say no weird sounds coming from my passport, keys feel nice and firm when pressed.

Oh how I have missed the BlackBerry keyboard. Gonna take me some time getting used to the keyboard as the past couple of yrs I've been using the z10 and z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:15 AM
    No issues with mine.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:17 AM
    I am also having the same issue.Is it normal behavior?

I have noticed this too. But only on my B key and only the first time I click it after phone has been at rest for a bit. It's like I'm pushing it back into place...with a rather unsatisfying feeling. I'll keep watching. If it stays like this, not enough to bother me.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 05:22 AM