For those of you that already got a new Porsche(P'9983), do you guys see any major issues(either hardware, software, functionality, and etc..)? I want to see the review, before actually getting one.
    09-30-14 03:51 PM
    There isn't an actual review available that I've seen - yet. James Richardson discusses it here: Porsche Design BlackBerry P'9983 unboxing | CrackBerry.com.

Except for a few hardware changes (64GB onboard!), it's a Q10 in a very cool Porsche wrapper.
    09-30-14 04:19 PM
    I'll do a write up of my first impressions soon!
    mister2d likes this.
    10-01-14 03:53 PM
    I'll do a write up of my first impressions soon!
    Please hurry! Lol. Also mention the speakerphone quality for phone calls and music. It's something I've been impressed with my mew Q10.
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    10-02-14 01:23 AM
    I got one today! Will post some impressions when I settle in bed later. From the P'9983, of course

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:12 AM
    Attachment 302248

I make one, but it is on russian language - BlackBerries.ru
    That phone looks so cool.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    10-04-14 09:01 AM
    Hey, I'm too thinking of upgrading my current Q10 to the P'9983 and had the same concerns as you

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 05:31 AM
    I have only had it for a few days, but here are my initial impressions:
    1. Battery is as good, if not a bit better, as Q10. Or so it seems to me. Maybe it's 10.3
    2. Speakers on calls are great, but I haven't used it for music, so I can't comment on it.
    3. I love the way it simply fits into my hand. The fit and finish are top notch.
    4. One negative so far: The battery door is extremely difficult to open. Nail-breaking difficult. Or maybe I am just doing it wrong.

If you have specific questions, maybe I can be more detailed.
    yueytan and MaxxxBerry23 like this.
    10-06-14 05:47 AM
    1. Battery is as good, if not a bit better, as Q10. Or so it seems to me. Maybe it's 10.3
    2. Speakers on calls are great, but I haven't used it for music, so I can't comment on it.
    3. I love the way it simply fits into my hand. The fit and finish are top notch.
    4. One negative so far: The battery door is extremely difficult to open. Nail-breaking difficult. Or maybe I am just doing it wrong.

How's the keyboard? Compared to the Q10.

10-06-14 07:58 AM
    Thanks for the mini-review comments. Actually the fact that the P'9983 battery door is difficult to open is a plus for me! On my Q10 my battery door has sometimes slide out and it doesn't feel as tight and secure as it should be. Great the P'9983 battery door is tight.

10-06-14 08:16 AM
    Well, then you are going to love the door mechanism on this. Unlike on the Q10, the whole back has to be popped open, not just a piece to slide off. I also like it, but it makes switching between a Passport and that a pain.
    10-06-14 08:49 AM
    The keyboard is much 'clickier' than Q10. It has a firmer feel, and it takes a bit more pressure. But overall, I had no problem adjusting to it. And it is so shiny...
    10-06-14 08:50 AM
    Ok time for a few random thoughts! Been using this bad boy for about a week and I'm very impressed so far.

- Build quality is top notch. It feels great in the hand and the metal sides haven't gotten scratched at all. I have a few scratches on the glossy battery door though. I've been very careful but I don't think it's possible to keep the back totally scratch free due to its glossy plastic nature. Not a deal breaker - they're hardly visible and the back door can be replaced

- The keyboard feels very different to the Q10 and I initially didn't like it. The plastic used to give that glass effect seems to be a bit softer, almost rubbery, and after using a Q10 since last May it just felt wrong. However, I think this was merely a case of getting used to something different as after a few days I got used to it and now it feels totally normal.

- Performance-wise, I swear this feels faster than the Q10. It could be one of many factors, a placebo effect or the fact that I installed everything from scratch rather than use my old Q10 backup. Either way, everything is fast and buttery smooth. I was using a Passport at the same time for the first few days (have since decided to use this exclusively - the Passport was too big for me) and while it's not at Passport speed, it's close enough for me not to be bothered by the performance gap.

- Design. What can I say. It looks hot. It's a real looker and will get attention! At night, the lit up keyboard with the PD font looks totally bad ***.

Happy to answer any specific questions people may have. Type this entirely on the P9983 keyboard

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:18 AM
    Actually I've just had a look at the keyboard again. The plastic itself isn't softer, but their glossy finish and perhaps a different click make them feel very different.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:20 AM
    Good stuff, thanks for sharing! It's not on sale yet in NYC, I stopped by the two Porshe Design stores in Manhattan but the most they could tell me is that maybe by the end of this week they will have it in stock... can't wait to get me some P'9983 love!

Well, then you are going to love the door mechanism on this. Unlike on the Q10, the whole back has to be popped open, not just a piece to slide off. I also like it, but it makes switching between a Passport and that a pain.
    10-06-14 09:21 AM

Interesting reading your thoughts! Have you managed to find a screen protector or case? I haven't gotten my hands on either yet - not the best feeling carrying this around naked!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:22 AM
    Sounds like a great phone. I'd be picking up one of the leather battery covers (I'm glad to hear it is secure, as that was a major Q10 complaint for me).

The keyboard is made of what material? It's glossy right? That'd be good because my Q10's matte keyboard would wear to shiny after a month or two and look gross.

I'm missing my Q10 now that I have the Passport, but I'll maybe just wait for the Classic.

10-06-14 09:25 AM
    Interesting reading your thoughts! Have you managed to find a screen protector or case? I haven't gotten my hands on either yet - not the best feeling carrying this around naked!

Posted via CB10
    Hello. I haven't flooked for a screen prtotector as I don't usually use them, but I might now try and see if a Q10 one will fit. I also don't use a case, but I will be buying a nice black leather backdoor. Even though I love the look of this 'glass weave' back, it leaves too many finger prints, and besides, the leather will feel more luxurious to the touch.
    Everything else you wrote is pretty much my experience as well. But now, I am having a hard time trying to decide between the 9983 and a Passport. Though the 9983 is by far the nicer looking and comfortable, the PP has a huge advantage in terms of technology and performs much better (not that that is actually a deal breaker, as the 9983 is great). But I just... love the screen, camera and new-gadget thing you get with the PP.
    10-07-14 02:27 AM
    A real pimp would get both.
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-07-14 07:09 AM
    I ended up going with the P9983. For me it's far more usable due to its size - loved everything about the Passport other than its size. I'm not the type that literally churns out spreadsheets on a phone so I guess it wasn't for me.

I do miss the incredible performance of the Passport but like I said previously, the P9983 isn't so slow that it's a deal breaker. Aside from a few android apps everything is buttery smooth

Posted via CB10
    MaxxxBerry23 and Dan_C like this.
    10-07-14 07:28 AM
    A real pimp would get both.
    So, I guess I'm a real pimp. It's just a question of which to use.

I agree with yueytan, I also like the feel of P 9983 better, so I am using it as a daily driver. The PP can serve as a laptop replacement when I go on vacation and don't feel like I need to lug a heavy bag.
    10-07-14 10:32 AM
    Any photos reviews with the optional leather rear doors?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175
    10-08-14 05:54 AM
    Nope the cases and doors don't get released in Asia until the end of October. Silly.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:23 AM
    I haven't seen any either. Looked in US and Europe and no luck.
    Hey, yueytan, why not show off your PD BBM Pin, since its sooo exclusive, haha (sorry, I don't do emojis).
    10-08-14 10:26 AM
    I haven't seen any either. Looked in US and Europe and no luck.
    Hey, yueytan, why not show off your PD BBM Pin, since its sooo exclusive, haha (sorry, I don't do emojis).
    Haha. I haven't updated that BB pin for a year. I don't even use that Q10 anymore!
    10-09-14 08:14 PM
45 12