Service launched in Canada today...and wondering if an app is there or coming?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 03:49 PM
    Hey there
    You can of course get an Android Port^^ I have it and it works.
    But there's also a native App being made which is called spo2fy it's already available in beta zone, but it's a very early Alpha build which isn't suitable for daily use yet. But still go ahead and check it out

Awesome = Z30
    09-30-14 03:54 PM
    You could also try the Android app by downloading it from the Amazon app store or by downloading it from Snap

Posted via CB10
    midnightdoom likes this.
    09-30-14 03:55 PM
    Hey there
    But there's also a native App being made which is called spo2fy it's already available in beta zone, but it's a very early Alpha build which isn't suitable for daily use yet. But still go ahead and check it out

Awesome = Z30
    Spo2fy isn't active anymore, correct me if i'm wrong. But don't get your hopes up for a fully native Spotify. Android port works good though. And with 10.3 in the future it will work even more stable.
    B11zzard likes this.
    09-30-14 04:21 PM
    Spo2fy isn't active anymore, correct me if i'm wrong. But don't get your hopes up for a fully native Spotify. Android port works good though. And with 10.3 in the future it will work even more stable.
    Hmmh could be yeah... since it has not gotten any updates for quite a while.
    Thanks for correcting me
    It's a shame though.... Would have loved a native App!

Awesome = Z30
    09-30-14 04:34 PM
    I have been using spotify from Snap for a while now while it was in beta in canada. I enjoy it, works pretty quick. Still debating which I like better between that Songza and Rdio, but I like how spotify you can save songs to your own playlist..

Also I find it doesn't use a lot of battery power either. I have a 35 minute drive home from work and it only uses about 0.3% on average

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:11 PM
    Simpler to download from amazon. Snap can have complications if the integrate Play services.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:51 PM
    Simpler to download from amazon. Snap can have complications if the integrate Play services.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that's the best thing to do for most apps.. I will usually check amazon first to give them the "sale", as snap will let me update them to play version (if it's free app). If I notice issues from the snap version I revert back to amazon...

I do find tho, apps from amazon like BlackBerry World, don't get updated near as often as Play and ios apps

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:20 PM
    I just saw Spotify in Amazon appworld. I didn't download it as it is not something I use but Spotify, Tapatalk and loads of others were there. I am personally very pleased with the app selection and all that I have downloaded have worked with no issues at all!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:28 PM
    Oh and it was listed as free!:-)

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:29 PM
    I'm using snap born spotify with no issues whatsoever. Even on premium.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    09-30-14 07:34 PM
    Hey there

Awesome = Z30
    Yeah but Oliver the developer took a break from Spo2fy in order to work on his native twitter app Twittly.....

Really wished he decided to work on Spo2fy before Twittly :/

Posted via CB10
    B11zzard likes this.
    10-01-14 02:44 AM
    I have been using spotify from Snap for a while now while it was in beta in canada. I enjoy it, works pretty quick. Still debating which I like better between that Songza and Rdio, but I like how spotify you can save songs to your own playlist..

Also I find it doesn't use a lot of battery power either. I have a 35 minute drive home from work and it only uses about 0.3% on average

Posted via CB10
    Songza was purchased by Google, so you are going to lose access to it pretty soon. I love it, but have for myself using TuneIn to transition myself away from Songza.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:48 AM
    Songza was purchased by Google, so you are going to lose access to it pretty soon. I love it, but have for myself using TuneIn to transition myself away from Songza.

Posted via CB10
    Yah I noticed Songza is removed from BlackBerry World now

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 01:02 PM
    Yeah but Oliver the developer took a break from Spo2fy in order to work on his native twitter app Twittly.....

Really wished he decided to work on Spo2fy before Twittly :/

Posted via CB10
    it's been mothballed because of api restrictions. Snap2chat has ceased development too as snapchat threatened legal action.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:34 PM
    It's in the Amazon Appstore (at least in my country).

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    10-03-14 05:47 PM
    it's been mothballed because of api restrictions. Snap2chat has ceased development too as snapchat threatened legal action.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah ik but it's complete BS to me....
    If they aren't going to release a Native BlackBerry 10 app then at least allow BlackBerry developers to make their own apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 12:58 PM