Don't know if this news is already posted but here it is:

BlackBerry Passport 2 and Classic 2 Planned, Says Chen | N4BB

Chen says -

"There aren�t any details on how these follow up devices will look, but Chen states that the company will address the criticisms that the Passport is difficult to use with one hand."

So maybe the Passport 2 will be a bit smaller. A 4x4 inch display would be really cool.
    09-30-14 02:49 PM
    09-30-14 02:55 PM
    I would be happier with a Passport 2 that was sporting a 4" inch screen. This will make 1 handed use possible. I do love the passport it looks great but it's a Tiiiiinnny bit too big. A think 4" inches would have been great.

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    troubauk and Bbnivende like this.
    09-30-14 02:58 PM
    Classic 2 and the first iteration hasn't even been released yet! Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:58 PM
    Yes, why bother making such public comments right now?
    Then again, that's with the assumption that this is accurate reporting and not taken out of context or with gaps filled in with conjecture.

I did wonder with these new named devices if they would continue and do a Passport 2 and/or Classic 2. I hoped they would. They need to stick with plans and establish product recognition.

So wouldn't be anything wrong with saying we're planning on the Passport and Classic to each be the first device of new lines that will continue. Nobody thinks there won't be new stuff coming. But talking about a shortcoming ---a shortcoming only in the opinion of some users--- in relation to a product just in its infancy is silly. Really hope this is out of context.
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    09-30-14 03:08 PM
    i think we could talk about Osbourne effect for a company that is doing well and must sell as much devices as it can (Apple for example, they have to sell at least as many iphone 6 as they did with the former iphone).
    For Blackberry the goal is different (find out if they can earn money on hardware, they need 475.000 devices sold, and they made 200.000 pre orders in 48H...) it is a way to underline 2 things:
    1- the Passport is a great success, way over what they expected
    2- they will be here at least for a sequel of the new phones, Blackberry is not dead.
    By the way i appreciate the way Mr Chen communicates, it can sometimes feel like clumsy or not totally controlled but it is way better than the mechanical speakers reeling off their "thrilled.... fantastic...revolution....better we ever made..."
    09-30-14 03:21 PM
    I think anyone that knows the speed of BlackBerry, knows that "mentioning" the idea of a possible product now,.. means a new device launch in12-18 months, with availability a few months later. Lol

Posted via CB10
    alternator77 likes this.
    09-30-14 03:33 PM
    So no successor to Z30?? Isn't time to get the new all touch phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's a big mistake in my view. Looks like BlackBerry is repeating it's past mistake and once again underestimating the importance of the touch screen.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-30-14 05:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think this confirms no Z30/Z10 successor.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-30-14 05:30 PM
    I don't think this confirms no Z30/Z10 successor.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    No, you're right they haven't confirmed that there won't be a successor to the Z10 or Z30.

At the time they haven't been releasing info about new upcoming QWERTY devices only days after the release of a last QWERTY. Meanwhile it has been more than 18 months since the release of the Z10 and over a year since the Z30 and there hasn't been so much as an official whisper about the next flagship touch.

Not encouraging at all.

09-30-14 10:55 PM
    No, you're right they haven't confirmed that there won't be a successor to the Z10 or Z30.

At the time they haven't been releasing info about all the upcoming QWERTY devices only days after the release of a last QWERTY. Meanwhile it has been more than 18 months since the release of the Z10 and over a year since the Z30 and there hasn't been so much as an official whisper about the next flagship touch.

Not encouraging at all.

You forgot the Z3 which was launched earlier this year. But what do facts matter anyways, am I right?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:59 PM
    You forgot the Z3 which was launched earlier this year. But what do facts matter anyways, am I right?

Posted via CB10
    First, the tone of your post is unwarranted. My post was polite and respectful so there was no need for you to reply that way. Be polite or argue with someone else.

Second, I live in Canada. The Z3 isn't available here, or anywhere else in the developed markets for that matter.

Third, I specifically said "flagship" touch device. The Z3 isn't a flagship device. It's aimed at the entry level.

But what do facts matter anyways, am I right?

troubauk and neoberry99 like this.
    09-30-14 11:03 PM
    maybe the passport 2 will oval or oblong or circle
    09-30-14 11:08 PM
    what company is making the Passport is it foxconn?
    09-30-14 11:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    First, the tone of your post is unwarranted. My post was polite and respectful so there was no need for you to reply that way. Be polite or argue with someone else.

Second, I live in Canada. The Z3 isn't available here, or anywhere else in the developed markets for that matter.

Third, I specifically said "flagship" touch device. The Z3 isn't a flagship device. It's aimed at the entry level.

But what do facts matter anyways, am I right?

Let's drop the personal tone.

Thank you
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-30-14 11:12 PM
    Now a passport 2 I would be wanting for sure! A one handed passport would be my dream come true. The passport 1 is just too big for me. I talked myself out of it at Telus on day one and so glad I did. I will get a Classic to hold me over

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    troubauk likes this.
    09-30-14 11:18 PM
    Now a passport 2 I would be wanting for sure! A one handed passport would be my dream come true. The passport 1 is just too big for me. I talked myself out of it at Telus on day one and so glad I did. I will get a Classic to hold me over

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Yeah, if I was to go back to a PKB it would be the Classic.

09-30-14 11:20 PM
    Hoping for a 9900-esque curved keyboard for the Classic 2!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-01-14 05:07 AM
    Imagine an all touch passport..... mmmm

Eight BlackBerrys and counting....
    10-01-14 05:19 AM
    Imagine an all touch passport..... mmmm

Eight BlackBerrys and counting....
    A little too large for me, but I can see how it might appeal to some.

10-01-14 05:21 AM
    When first reading this news my first thought was - oh now the Passport will sell less because many people think it's a tiny bit too large.

But my second thought is that Chen and the company know people's opinions about the size of the Passport and now giving them an alternative, which is great. I see the Passport as a mini tablet and with that in mind it's not large at all. If I needed a tablet I would buy the Passport instantly.

I believe that the company should also release a 4.5 inch all touchscreen next year. A Phone that is aimed for the normals who love to chat, text, take pictures to share etc. Focus the ads on security for all people in the world and let everyone know about it on television, every newspaper en so on. Put a price on the phone that is tempting. That could be another way to succed and even reach the youngest buyers as well, which is an important consumer base for BlackBerry.

Via CB10 on a Q5
    DJM626 likes this.
    10-01-14 05:21 AM
    Oh great! I haven't even gotten my Passport(1) yet, and there's already talk of Passport2. Stop the torture!!
    10-01-14 06:25 AM
    When first reading this news my first thought was - oh now the Passport will sell less because many people think it's a tiny bit too large.

But my second thought is that Chen and the company know people's opinions about the size of the Passport and now giving them an alternative, which is great. I see the Passport as a mini tablet and with that in mind it's not large at all. If I needed a tablet I would buy the Passport instantly.

I believe that the company should also release a 4.5 inch all touchscreen next year. A Phone that is aimed for the normals who love to chat, text, take pictures to share etc. Focus the ads on security for all people in the world and let everyone know about it on television, every newspaper en so on. Put a price on the phone that is tempting. That could be another way to succed and even reach the youngest buyers as well, which is an important consumer base for BlackBerry.

Via CB10 on a Q5
    My issue is more the aspect than the size. I'm not a huge fan of big phones to begin with, but when you then also change around the aspect and make it unusually wide for the height it just seems awkward to me. I played with one in the store and really didn't find it was comfortable for me.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    10-03-14 09:41 AM
    Don't know if this news is already posted but here it is:

BlackBerry Passport 2 and Classic 2 Planned, Says Chen | N4BB

Chen says -

"There aren�t any details on how these follow up devices will look, but Chen states that the company will address the criticisms that the Passport is difficult to use with one hand."

So maybe the Passport 2 will be a bit smaller. A 4x4 inch display would be really cool.
    4x4 screen would be much bigger than the current 4.5" diagonal screen of the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:42 AM
44 12