Hi guys, my dad is a proud owner of the Passport, but for the past three days, he noticed that in the morning, the phone gets alarmingly warm, almost hot. In addition, the phone crashes which is shocking. He has to force restart it at least three times a day now.
    Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:23 AM
    Hi guys, my dad is a proud owner of the Passport, but for the past three days, he noticed that in the morning, the phone gets alarmingly warm, almost hot. In addition, the phone crashes which is shocking. He has to force restart it at least three times a day now.
    Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    As it warms up you'd assume it's running some application / process. What does the battery monitor state at the point it's warm?

I've had 1 reboot, I didn't notice it was warm at the time but nevertheless I upgraded to 1154 and not had a single reboot since then.
    09-30-14 08:28 AM
    As it warms up you'd assume it's running some application / process. What does the battery monitor state at the point it's warm?

I've had 1 reboot, I didn't notice it was warm at the time but nevertheless I upgraded to 1154 and not had a single reboot since then.

How do you get 1154? leak ?
    09-30-14 08:30 AM
    EBay app installed from BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:31 AM
    Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe he should try a factory restore, to rule out any software issues. Otherwise, might be best to just get it exchanged if possible.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:35 AM
    Look at the device monitor and check which application is using the most battery

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:37 AM
    How do you get 1154? leak ?
    It's not a leak, it's what is available from Rogers, although I'm in the UK I used Sachesi Firmware search and install tool to download Rogers and install. Details here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    09-30-14 08:50 AM
    Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Which OS is he running and did he do a device switch or restore from a different device?

Use an app to back up contracts. Wipe the phone and only restore contacts.

Everything should be okay after that.

Restore from other devices or past devices always messes things up more than not.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:06 AM
    Yes, I used device switch. You think any issues from his Z30 before passed to his Passport? I will ask him to check device monitor and report back.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:37 AM
    Yes, I used device switch. You think any issues from his Z30 before passed to his Passport? I will ask him to check device monitor and report back.

Posted via CB10
    Also check for eBay app

Really, that app makes phone hot and kills battery.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:03 AM
    Thanks Deckard. I will let him know. Really appreciate your help.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:17 AM
    I've heard bad things about the eBay app on BB10 in the past.
    I would advise to use the website.

Also, the software should be pretty stable and a warm phone can only mean a few things :
    - bad reception and the phone "pushes" the radio to keep signal (I use automatic airplane mode at night anyway)
    - app badly running in the background and using processor for nothing
    - app constantly sending data to "some" website
    - wrongly transferred config files between old an new phone.

So, here is my advice :
    - put all the important data (pictures, documents, etc) to an microsd card
    - save (if needed) SMS and mms with a third party app such as SMS backup (works great)
    - factory reset and wipe all
    - reconfigure manually the phone (no data transfer via links or something like that) for everything

The phone will need 1 to 2 days to index all the data depending on volumes to handle and then everything should be fine.

Avoid eBay app.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can tell you with 100 percent confidence.

Backup everything with BlackBerry link, and using backup pro found on BBW.

Do a security wipe then followed by a restore using blackberry link for everything except settings (important!)

Restore contacts, remember, calander via backup bro.

Manually re add emails.

Done.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:30 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. He absolutely loves the phone to death. My dad is 58 and I have never seen him so thrilled over any electronic anything in his life. The fact that he can read without glasses is a huge bonus for him. Even the Z30 he was not 100% satisfied. But the biggest laugh for me is just how much he enjoys the touch sensitive keyboard. He has showed it off at work, and his coworkers are just floored when they try it. Hahaha!!

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 and SharonRD like this.
    09-30-14 11:38 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. He absolutely loves the phone to death. My dad is 58 and I have never seen him so thrilled over any electronic anything in his life. The fact that he can read without glasses is a huge bonus for him. Even the Z30 he was not 100% satisfied. But the biggest laugh for me is just how much he enjoys the touch sensitive keyboard. He has showed it off at work, and his coworkers are just floored when they try it. Hahaha!!

Posted via CB10
    I wish I could get one to my dad, I know he would love the screen, and would really take advantage of Blend (as it is now, he barely ever checks his Galaxy Ace because he hates typing on it). Unfortunately shipping these things to Brazil is just asking for trouble.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 12:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's sounds great! I'm hoping my dad will enjoy it too. My dad is 69 and would def appreciate the large sharp screen.

Have you found the solution to the problem yet?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:30 PM