I have a 2nd z10 which I had used up to 6 months thru tmobile but no longer has phone service as I stopped it's service and turned off it's wifi signal to save the battery. And yet I am receiving amber alerts. How is that possible with no carrier service and it isnt receiving wifi?. I use the phone daily as I use it to listen to all my installed mp3 music files. If it can do this is there a concern for security thru monitoring users?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:06 PM
    I have a 2nd z10 which I had used up to 6 months thru tmobile but no longer has phone service as I stopped it's service and turned off it's wifi signal to save the battery. And yet I am receiving amber alerts. How is that possible with no carrier service and it isnt receiving wifi?. I use the phone daily as I use it to listen to all my installed mp3 music files. If it can do this is there a concern for security thru monitoring users?

Posted via CB10
    It will still receive Alerts plus you can make emergency calls to 911 in my area.
    09-29-14 08:13 PM
    Amber alerts are most likely part of the emergency notification services that networks have to provide to any device that's receiving their signal, even if you don't have service with them. This is also true for E911 (emergency calls), you can place an emergency call even if you don't have a sim card in the device, or the only signal you're getting is from another carrier. Definitely NOT a security concern.
    09-29-14 08:14 PM
    Did you turn off the mobile network signal? In any case there is probably a nice software firewall or something.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:32 AM
    Turn off the network connections.
    Using to only listen to music, it should not need a network.
    09-30-14 07:42 PM