Since I updated to AT&T official 10.2.1.3014 (this issue might actually be more recent than that as I don't remember having that problem at first with the update) when I type unrecognized words or abbreviations, I get a period at the end of the word that I can't get rid of by deleting (just comes right back). The only way I have found to get rid of the period is to add the word to the dictionary, which is not always what I want to do.

Anyone else experience this on the AT&T official OS, and is there any way to fix it?

Thanks.

P.S. This is an STL100-3 BBZ10 locked on AT&T network.
    09-29-14 01:44 PM
    Are you adding two spaces? That will automatically insert a period.
    09-29-14 03:02 PM
    No, the double space for period works fine. This only occurs after underlined words (spell checker error notifications), and when I place the cursor to the right of the period and delete it, another period appears on the right side of the cursor. The keyboard never used to do this before.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:13 PM
    Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above

You could also go into the Settings, Language/etc and delete anything it has learned.
    09-29-14 03:25 PM
    Thanks for the assistance with this. I have restarted using the volume up/down held in method, twice, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Also updated a 2nd AT&T stl100-3 Z10 from the same OS to the same OS and it has the same issue.

I have not tried to clear all the learned words, will do that next (although with a over a years' worth of learned words, I was hoping to not have to do that).

Edit: I just tested the issue in CB10 and it does not occur here, this issue only occurs in the hub. I have also tried restarting the hub (5 diagonal swipes till the screen shows the hub restarting) but that didn't make a difference.

Are there any keyboard or dictionary settings that only apply to the hub?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:55 PM
    What am I doing wrong? Typing issue-img_20140929_180059.png

So after some more testing, this doesn't occur when creating/replying to a SMS, only email, and then it is only in the body of the email. I wrote the same sentence in the subject line and body of the email attached in the picture. I then tried to delete the period but it returns as soon as I delete it.

I got the same result from multiple different email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:03 PM
    I have had the same problem for several months. I am on Telus so it is not an AT&T issue.

It is very annoying as it happens a lot with names. They only work around I have found is to backspace and start typing the next word, then insert a space between them.

Often though I just let it ride and I am sure my clients think I am illiterate.

Posted via CB10
    zyphen likes this.
    09-29-14 05:10 PM
    LOL, yeah, trying to avoid coming off as illiterate to my clients too. I take pride in responding in full, coherent sentences to my colleagues, especially the ones who feel the need to sign their emails with things like "Apologies for the brevity and typos; this message fumbled from my iPhone."

Glad I am not alone, and sad you are experiencing this as well. I know there was a time (fairly recently) when this was not occurring, so I am still hopeful that there is a resolution.

Reluctantly going to reset my learned words, although I have a feeling I will just be experiencing this bug even more frequently after that.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:22 PM
    Wondering if it has to do with OS10.2.1.3014?

What OS are you on?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:23 PM
    Try turning prediction off. Type something and then turn it back on.
    09-29-14 05:51 PM