The problem started last night, when I clicked on Skype (installed from BB World). It popped the 'Android' error. (I don't exactly remember what the error said). I wanted to reinstall Skype by accessing BlackBerry world, showed the same, Android error. The phone worked fine, at that time...able to make/receive calls. But still unable to access BB World.

I restarted the phone, by pressing the power and clicking the restart option at the bottom; the phone restarted, back to the home screen...and then, I'm not able to access any application, phone, camera, search (at the bottom), Hub, Settings - NOTHING. When selected/clicked on an app, the screen flicks as if it's about to open, but doesn't do anything.

I have tried to:

1. remove the battery, pressed the power button for 5~10 seconds, inserted the battery...no go.
    2. pressed and held the power button for 15 seconds till the BlackBerry logo showed up...no go.
    3. 'soft-restarted' the phone, by pressing the power button and selecting the restart the phone option at the bottom...no go
    4. connected the phone to the computer using the same USB cable that came with the phone, Link doesn't recognize the phone, says reconnect/reload (I don't want to reload, as there's a lot of photos, which I don't want to lose)
    reinstalled Link on the computer and tried connecting the phone...no go.

Please help me fix the phone, I want the data on the phone...especially the photos.

Thanks in advance.
    09-29-14 09:55 AM
    The problem started last night, when I clicked on Skype (installed from BB World). It popped the 'Android' error. (I don't exactly remember what the error said). I wanted to reinstall Skype by accessing BlackBerry world, showed the same, Android error. The phone worked fine, at that time...able to make/receive calls. But still unable to access BB World.

I restarted the phone, by pressing the power and clicking the restart option at the bottom; the phone restarted, back to the home screen...and then, I'm not able to access any application, phone, camera, search (at the bottom), Hub, Settings - NOTHING. When selected/clicked on an app, the screen flicks as if it's about to open, but doesn't do anything.

I have tried to:

1. remove the battery, pressed the power button for 5~10 seconds, inserted the battery...no go.
    2. pressed and held the power button for 15 seconds till the BlackBerry logo showed up...no go.
    3. 'soft-restarted' the phone, by pressing the power button and selecting the restart the phone option at the bottom...no go
    4. connected the phone to the computer using the same USB cable that came with the phone, Link doesn't recognize the phone, says reconnect/reload (I don't want to reload, as there's a lot of photos, which I don't want to lose)

Please help me fix the phone, I want the data on the phone...especially the photos.

Thanks in advance.
    similar problems happened to me, got pictures and there wasn't in gallery, then they appeared after minutes but I couldn't delete them "the file doesn't exist"... didn't tried to connect to PC but I know it will be rectified by backing up your phone and wipe/ restore. if you have no option to connect it to PC, try to back up your files by accessing it's files over wifi (smb protocol, wifi sharing) and then wipe your phone, it happens in very rare situations and the main problem should be android apps! when you try to do something you didn't created for... you get same results. it happened to me when I tried to learn martial arts
    09-29-14 10:26 AM
    As I'm unable to click open any app...I cannot access the dropbox or anything on the phone.

The touch works... as I'm able to move the screens to the left and right...but when I click an app it will not open.
    09-29-14 10:32 AM
    You could try holdings down the volume up and down keys for preform a hard reset. This might reset the android runtime which appears to be the source of the problem.

(The volume keys method won't work on an stl-100-1)
    09-29-14 11:01 AM

I have tried to:

Thanks in advance.
    I have also been experiencing such weird behavior on my Z10 STL 100-1 on latest official 10.2.1 OS. Sometimes I cant open apps,setting nothing, the screen just flips back. Restarting the phone solves the problem for the time being but come up later sometimes. Also the phone sometimes acts weird don't know why so I'm thinking of factory resetting the device.
    09-29-14 11:09 AM
    As Chalk mentioned

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    09-29-14 12:25 PM
    As Chalk mentioned

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    Thanks Chalk2 and F2...but the restart option doesn't work.

The Volume up/down button restart method does not work on my Z10.

Tried the regular restart, by pressing and holding the power button and releasing it, till the coloured BlackBerry logo shows up... no go.
    09-29-14 11:55 PM
    I have also been experiencing such weird behavior on my Z10 STL 100-1 on latest official 10.2.1 OS. Sometimes I cant open apps,setting nothing, the screen just flips back. Restarting the phone solves the problem for the time being but come up later sometimes. Also the phone sometimes acts weird don't know why so I'm thinking of factory resetting the device.
    Same here, started in the last 2 weeks
    About two weeks after installing 10.2.1.3247 on my STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 12:08 AM
    You could try to use your mobile network to connect to BlackBerry Link if the USB connection isn't working. It's no guarantee but your options are limited with out control of the phone
    09-30-14 08:09 AM
    Well, I know for sure, if I restore the phone to factory default settings via Link, the phone will be up and running...

But, I have to compromise on the data... :-(

I want to know why this happened in the first place...!
    10-01-14 08:20 AM
    There is a chance that some of your data might be salvageable after an autoloader. No guarantee so don't get your hopes up but there are programs built to recover this from a hard drive as long as it hasn't been overwritten by new data
    10-01-14 10:58 PM