Thought of the Crackerry community this morning.

Enjoy.

Update: BlackBerry Still Chugging Along - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    09-29-14 09:20 AM
    What sounds more interesting than the article is your 128GB iP6 gold. How's the phone so far? My wife wants to jump up from her iP5 but not sure about the screen size. How are you finding it? Thanks in advance
    09-29-14 09:23 AM
    What sounds more interesting than the article is your 128GB iP6 gold. How's the phone so far? My wife wants to jump up from her iP5 but not sure about the screen size. How are you finding it? Thanks in advance
    Stop by iMore, we can help you and her with that decision. Don't want to be rude but I think that discussion won't be well received here.

theRock1975 likes this.
    09-29-14 09:34 AM
    Thanks for responding. And I don't think you're being rude at all. I'll drop by.
    09-29-14 09:36 AM
    Ugh. That site requires registration to read it, and there is nothing on bug-me-not for it.

Update: bug-me-not Chrome extension is not working, but going to their site directly still does.
    Last edited by PantherBlitz; 09-29-14 at 10:01 AM.
    09-29-14 09:39 AM
    Here you go:

Summary

We predict BlackBerry is heading to $12-$14 soon.
    We believe they could achieve cash flow positive before expectations.
    All major metrics are heading the right direction; spending is down, phones sold is up, gross margin is impressive.
    By Scott Tzu

Earlier this month, we wrote about BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) for the first time, stating our case that we believed the company would continue on its way to cash flow neutral and that phone sales could surprise in this upcoming earnings report.

We came out earlier this week, amended our initial article and stated that we "believed the company will meet or beat both EPS and revenues". We've also stated in both pieces that we think the company is going to achieve cashflow neutral/positive quicker than they've forecasted.

The company came out on Friday morning and announced a Q2 EPS of ($0.02), which far exceeded analyst estimates of ($0.16). The company did miss on revenue, however, posting $916 million versus expectations of $949 million. Revenue was supposed to be scrutinized as a gauge to keep an eye on how new phones were selling. That was quickly overlooked because gross margins on hardware were up, despite the revenue decline; hardware accounted for 46% of revenue.

The company continues to curb costs; R&D spending falling 22% sequentially and sales and administration costs fell by an astounding 51% sequentially. These cuts helped the company post a much better than expected EPS and, in our opinion, could lead BBRY to cash flow positive quicker than the company's forecast.

Phone shipments were up from 1.6 million in Q1 to 2.1 million and the company tacked onto arguably its biggest asset by adding 6 million users to BlackBerry Messenger. Every couple of million users they add to their message service, the higher the price of the asset goes.

To top things off, John Chen came out and stated that the company has already sold 200k of its new phone, the PassPort. While this isn't a number that is meaningful when compared to the 10 million iPhones Apple sold in the past week, it's progress for BlackBerry who, if they were to sell 10 million of these phones total, would be considered an astounding success.

This report was in line with our expectations and we think the market got it wrong not bidding the stock up closer to $11-$12 on Friday. We do believe BlackBerry's real work is going to come after the company achieves cash flow positive, but we're continuing our BUY rating. We think the stock is worth $14 when the company reports cash flow positive, which we believe could come a quarter early.

Disclosure: The author has no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. The author wrote this article themselves, and it expresses their own opinions. The author is not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). The author has no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

chern and PantherBlitz like this.
    09-29-14 09:40 AM
    Thanks for the article. So you have a thing for gold iPhones and decadent ice cream flavors?
    Hmm....

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    09-29-14 09:54 AM
    Oooffff....Yah....

09-29-14 09:57 AM
    Yes, I would agree that BlackBerry will be in a cash flow positive position this quarter. Those free EZ passes for BES turn into real revenue his quarter. Hardware sales are up as are software revenues. It would be hard for them to miss

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:44 PM