I'm trying to find the article, and I will post it as soon as I do, but I seem to remember Thor talking about something like this a couple years back.

He mentioned how our BlackBerry phones would eventually become something of a hard drive, while peripherals would take over the main functions. My memory is shaky, but I seem to remember him talking about our phones being docked and then connected to a larger monitor, a keyboard and mouse. Could he have been talking about what became Blend?
    09-29-14 08:19 AM
    I'm trying to find the article, and I will post it as soon as I do, but I seem to remember Thor talking about something like this a couple years back.

He mentioned how our BlackBerry phones would eventually become something of a hard drive, while peripherals would take over the main functions. My memory is shaky, but I seem to remember him talking about our phones being docked and then connected to a larger monitor, a keyboard and mouse. Could he have been talking about what became Blend?
    Yes you are correct along these lines. Blend has been in the works for some time and the passport for 6 years I believe. BlackBerry always stated we had to wait for 10.3, so I have a tendency that this is the case. Heins always looked like he was tongue tied at interviews. As the interviewers were chewing him to pieces along with BlackBerry, it's like he looked at them with the following facial expression. "I can't believe I have to sit here and be belittled on national tv by a moron who doesn't have a clue and I cannot say yet what we are working on". That's how Heins felt.....i am sure of it!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:25 AM
    No Blend requires a smart device (PC, tablet, etc.) to interact with it display the data. I remember the comments you are referring to and I'm pretty sure that they meant that the phone would be the device the peripherals connected to, eliminating smart tablets and the need for a PC for many.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-29-14 04:10 PM
    A device (tablet, dumb terminal, etc.) running a QNX based OS core could conceivably connect with a BB10 device and leverage the distributed processing capabilities of the platform. The device would simply access 'all' of the functionality on the BB10 device, and just act as the user interface.

Think we are still a ways away from that world...

Posted via my Z30
    09-29-14 06:27 PM