I'm running an app sale on some of my more popular apps, including Evolution Web Browser, Wallpaper Changer HD & Ultimate ScreenSaver. But the sales of all my apps will be used to help out a friend. In speaking with Bla1ze, he suggested making a forum post about it.

About 3 months ago, someone very close to me and my family suffered a hemorrhagic stroke. He has suffered loss of cognitive functions (including memory loss), majority of vision in one eye among other things. His road to recovery has been slow, but promising. Earlier this month he was moved from the hospital to a health care centre where are hope his that he will be released by Christmas time so he can come back home.

He is someone very important in the lives of my daughter and step-son, who they refer to affectionately as 'Uncle Ron'. We have been visiting him every other day at the health care centre, and we spend the rest of our free time working on improving his home. Before his stroke Ron spent a great deal of time with his friends and family and very little at his own home. He's always been the type to put other before himself, and now it's our turn to do something for him. His road to recovery will continue on many months after his release from the health centre and we want to ensure he comes back to a comfortable home where he can relax and enjoy spending his time there.

The purpose of this app sales is to help with some of the cost of improving his home. We have been spending money out of pocket but costs add up quickly, we'd like to replace some more furniture, appliances (including a washer/dryer) as just some of the improvements. We are trying to be as cost effective by using sites like kijiji/craigslist and finding deals at local thrift stores. We've done a lot already as far as decorating, painting, re-organizing and some new furniture so that his home will be a place he can enjoy.

So to the point, I will be donating all my app sales (including in-app purchases) for one week to help Ron. The week will end October 5th at midnight EST. We're not looking for any donations, just that if you're interested in any of my apps - any of your purchases will go towards a good cause. Also just to note, any money left over after we have finished improving his home will be set aside for him for expenses once he is released.

You can view all my apps here: ShaoSoft - BlackBerry World

'Uncle Ron' with my step-son and daughter.

Even the kids have been pitching in to help out

Thank you for for taking the time to read this and for any apps you purchase.
    Uzi, howarmat, jafrul and 4 others like this.
    09-28-14 09:04 AM
    Sorry to hear Shao, will help anyway I can. Prayers for him
    09-28-14 09:07 AM
    Many well wishes.
    Praying for the best...

A shame I cannot purchase your apps twice. I have everything you offer already.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:27 AM
    Hi Shao,

Are sale apps currently listed at the current sale price?
    Also, just to be clear, it's just those three apps?

Thanks
    09-28-14 09:36 AM
    Bumping this thread up
    09-28-14 09:49 AM
    I hope everything turns out well with Mr Ron
    If I can get access to the cc this week, I'll buy to help out

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:37 AM
    Hope your uncle Ron gets better soon. Best wishes.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    09-28-14 10:45 AM
    Yes the listed price is the sale price. I marked a few others down to 99c from $1.99 A lot of my apps were already at 99c so can't really go any lower.

All my app revenue for the next week will go to help Ron, doesn't matter which apps (could even been BBOS app purchases) or in-app purchases. I'm just going to take my total revenue at the end of the week.

Thanks.
    09-28-14 06:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I wasn't concerned with the price, just wanted to ensure that everything was up correctly in BlackBerry World to before the purchase.

All the best to you and yours

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:44 PM
    Posting to give this thread some more exposure.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:54 AM
    I'm running an app sale on some of my more popular apps, including Evolution Web Browser, Wallpaper Changer HD & Ultimate ScreenSaver. But the sales of all my apps will be used to help out a friend. In speaking with Bla1ze, he suggested making a forum post about it.

About 3 months ago, someone very close to me and my family suffered a hemorrhagic stroke. He has suffered loss of cognitive functions (including memory loss), majority of vision in one eye among other things. His road to recovery has been slow, but promising. Earlier this month he was moved from the hospital to a health care centre where are hope his that he will be released by Christmas time so he can come back home.

He is someone very important in the lives of my daughter and step-son, who they refer to affectionately as 'Uncle Ron'. We have been visiting him every other day at the health care centre, and we spend the rest of our free time working on improving his home. Before his stroke Ron spent a great deal of time with his friends and family and very little at his own home. He's always been the type to put other before himself, and now it's our turn to do something for him. His road to recovery will continue on many months after his release from the health centre and we want to ensure he comes back to a comfortable home where he can relax and enjoy spending his time there.

The purpose of this app sales is to help with some of the cost of improving his home. We have been spending money out of pocket but costs add up quickly, we'd like to replace some more furniture, appliances (including a washer/dryer) as just some of the improvements. We are trying to be as cost effective by using sites like kijiji/craigslist and finding deals at local thrift stores. We've done a lot already as far as decorating, painting, re-organizing and some new furniture so that his home will be a place he can enjoy.

So to the point, I will be donating all my app sales (including in-app purchases) for one week to help Ron. The week will end October 5th at midnight EST. We're not looking for any donations, just that if you're interested in any of my apps - any of your purchases will go towards a good cause. Also just to note, any money left over after we have finished improving his home will be set aside for him for expenses once he is released.

You can view all my apps here: ShaoSoft - BlackBerry World

http://www.shao-soft.com/IMG-20140917-00490.jpg
    'Uncle Ron' with my step-son and daughter.

http://www.shao-soft.com/a1.jpg
    Even the kids have been pitching in to help out

Thank you for for taking the time to read this and for any apps you purchase.
    09-29-14 03:21 AM
    Well I've been wanting to try Evolution Browser for a while now.

Just purchased.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    09-29-14 01:57 PM
    Time to buy evolution browser.

Hoping to hear good news from you soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:21 PM
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their support. Just a couple days left in the sale.
    10-03-14 09:19 AM
    Just found this thread, bought a couple more apps
    10-03-14 09:47 AM
    Giving a bump for the last day
    Shao128 likes this.
    10-05-14 04:17 PM