Hi Everyone.

First off I'm glad we're not seeing too many whiners compalin about BIS to come back to their BB because Blend just rocks so much better and brings Blackberry services into the modern age!

Now I'm just as annoyed and miffed as many BB10 users that although we have a BB10 device and that BB openly at Passports conference announcement stated its available for download they where not specifically clear that ONLY the Passport and the P'9983 would have access to use it ... instead our most esteemed members had to make a few threads to enlighten us.

This got me thinking with all the consolidation and avialability on mutliple devices, regardless of their OS outside of BB10/BBOS not included - to wonder about this phased rollout ... the reason behind it. I'm thinking the load on the bandwidth across the global scale and with 91 million BBM users (I think close if not THE most active monthly subscribers BB has ever had EVER) maybe something BB is concerned about?

Would you agree or have a different take on this?
    09-27-14 09:53 PM
    Blend is part of 10.3, which is officially only on the Passport, and the P'9983 at the moment.

The downloadable part is more a very tiny client to access the Blend host that is on the device...

so regardless of the availability of the software to download onto your PC/Mac, you still need an official 10.3 device
    09-27-14 10:50 PM
    It's not available to the rest of us because we don't have the latest update.
    Blend requires 10.3+
    And since we won't be getting 10.3, we have to wait till, 10.3.1.

As for those asking why users using leaked 10.3 still can't access it. They probably hard coded something to prevent older BlackBerry phones from getting access prior to ful Blend release.

They definitely don't want another issue like they had when they tried to rollout BBM to other platforms, but a buggy leak basically killed their server.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 10:52 PM
    Correct both of you. Although I forgot about the requirement of 10.3 (I knew it just forgot to state its necessity) ... BB previously released all iterations of BB10 simultaneously for ALL devices to the carriers ... so why not this time?! I'm thinking it's due to bandwidth concerns - other than the a-typical carrier support and testing phases.
    09-28-14 02:46 PM
    BB previously released all iterations of BB10 simultaneously for ALL devices to the carriers
    Not true. In fact they did the opposite: they released a new device with a new update to the OS, then updated the rest of the BB10 fleet after a couple of months.

The same thing will happen with 10.3
    09-28-14 02:56 PM
    Not true. In fact they did the opposite: they released a new device with a new update to the OS, then updated the rest of the BB10 fleet after a couple of months.

The same thing will happen with 10.3
    BB10.2 was released multiple carrier and multiple countries wide within 5 days.
    10-13-14 11:29 PM
    Confused as to why you think blend and BIS are in any way similar.

BlackBerry does have a huge amnt of noc available due to loss of BIS business.

Do you think blend activity passes through BlackBerry ? There is no need for it to. BlackBerry need have nothing more than a pointer to the phone. Blend is not a cloud storage service it is a mirroring of you phones content and status with remote access

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    10-14-14 02:59 AM
    I dunno but surely the connection between Blend Client and BlackBerry Device has to be secure. So I'm guessing NOC is used... at least for BES Clients.

Unless of course AES-256 encryption is sufficient to secure it over plain Internet lines.

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1418 | Globe PH
    10-14-14 03:54 AM
    So if we need 10.3 to access blend, and BlackBerry currently doesn't release the OS directly, won't we all have to wait for our service providers to bless us with an OS update before accessing blend?

So as a verizon user, I can safely say that I won't get blend until the Summer.

Hopefully this isn't the case

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:27 PM