Someone made a mistake or there's a Passport version with wireless charging-screenshot-2014-09-27-15.39.39.png

My guess is AT&T. They're supposedley to be getting some sort of 'special' version.

*Note however, this is not confirmed. I just happened to find it on the Passport help pages. Realistically, a lot of it could have just been copied and pasted from the Z30 info.*
    09-27-14 05:51 PM
    wish mine had wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:53 PM
    Better not screw up my case choices like happened to Verizon owners with the Z30!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    09-27-14 05:54 PM
    Hmm wireless? Nice!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-27-14 05:54 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2014-09-27 15.39.39.png 
Views:	2408 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	301097

My guess is AT&T. They're supposedley to be getting some sort of 'special' version
    That's awesome.. but at the same time it's utter BS.
    Wished all models where the same.

pin:2B7CAF06
    09-27-14 05:56 PM
    That's awesome.. but at the same time it's utter BS.
    Wished all models where the same.

pin:2B7CAF06

Ya, not a fan of exclusive hardware offerings but if it gets the Passport into a carrier that might not have otherwise taken it, then so be it.
    09-27-14 06:01 PM
    Hooray, don't have to throw away my Qi pads.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:04 PM
    I think it's stupid to put out special versions just for carrier exclusivity. Doesn't that divide your production and make for less efficiency and more production cost?

Why not make one phone with wireless charging and sell it to all? It ends up that AT&T will be the only US carrier to offer the Passport anyway...moot point for exclusivity if this will be the case.

...and why isn't this available in Canada? Feel like a slap-in-the-face for BlackBerry's fellow Canadians.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    09-27-14 06:19 PM
    I think it's stupid to put out special versions just for carrier exclusivity. Doesn't that divide your production and make for less efficiency and more production cost?

Why not make one phone with wireless charging and sell it to all? It ends up that AT&T will be the only US carrier to offer the Passport anyway...moot point for exclusivity if this will be the case.

...and why isn't this available in Canada? Feel like a slap-in-the-face for BlackBerry's fellow Canadians.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    If adding wireless charging made AT&T pickup the passport with a guarantee order of so many number of passports, then I am all for it.
    09-27-14 06:24 PM
    Hooray, don't have to throw away my Qi pads.

Posted via CB10
    I don't live in the Us but iirc AT&T uses another wireless charging solution that is not Qi

Edit: found it, pma (power matters alliance)

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-27-14 06:28 PM
    AT&T probably wanted wireless charging so Shop BlackBerry.com and Amazon would not steal all of their customers

Verizon Z30
    ponpiri likes this.
    09-27-14 06:35 PM
    I suppose this is nice feature for some.....
    Like the "idea" of wireless charging but not sold on the amperage rating and would take much longer to charge.

but now that the port is at the bottom, I would like to think there will be a Charging Cradle in the works, either by BB, or some third party, or both...

I'm sure many would prefer this. (atleast I prefer this)

Drop the phone in the cradle.... it charges + the viewing is ideal. Maybe even HDMI out ? Either way, great for bedside mode or on a desk.
    09-27-14 06:40 PM
    Better not screw up my case choices like happened to Verizon owners with the Z30!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    This! Just makes things harder.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:41 PM
    AT&T probably wanted wireless charging so Shop BlackBerry.com and Amazon would not steal all of their customers

Verizon Z30
    Makes sense but they're so tight lipped about a release date.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:43 PM
    I don't live in the Us but iirc AT&T uses another wireless charging solution that is not Qi

Posted via CB10
    Ugh,... what the h+** is wrong with tech companies. Why can't they just be like toilets,.. different colors, same things go in and out.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:44 PM
    Calm down guys it could just be a feature they cut in the last minute before production.

Or they simple haven't enabled it yet, or Passport is incapable and that's just a 10.3 feature for an upcoming phone.

At this point keep your hopes low. I seriously doubt BlackBerry would add special features when Telus Passport is just the same variant as the unlocked one.

If this rumor was true, that would mean Rogers would also be getting it since they use same bands.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is true. Right now they're two standards battling for wireless charging supremacy – (Qi) from the Wireless Power Consortium and Power 2.0 from the Power Matters Alliance (PMA). As of right now if AT&T carries the wireless charging variant, the Qi chargers will be rendered useless on the AT&T special variant. I would hate to have to shell out money for another type of charger but oh well, that’s life.
    09-27-14 07:20 PM
    Ya, not a fan of exclusive hardware offerings but if it gets the Passport into a carrier that might not have otherwise taken it, then so be it.
    Who said it's an exclusive offering ... it seems like ALL Passports support wireless charging as the screenshot you posted says "carrier dependant" so I'm thinking it's something in a .BAR file that enables this? Then again yeah that's exclusive to a carrier but hoping I'm right and that key part is leaked.
    09-27-14 07:49 PM
    Is it possible that when 10.3.1 is released to the rest of the BlackBerry 10 devices, it might include this function? Or will t&at be the only carrier? Inquiring Minds Want To Know!
    09-27-14 07:54 PM
    It didn't seem to had help BlackBerry with Verizon for the Z30 sales... but if AT&T is gonna seriously put some marketing muscle behind this... why not?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:57 PM
    ugh i dont like that-- this phone is more special than these other phones. sorry AT&T users, but you make up less than 10% of BB consumers. what happens to the rest of the 90% of BB users found all over the globe? their money dont matter? at this point Blackberry cant afford to be so careless.
    09-28-14 12:05 PM
    if it sells blackberry phones then good I say
    09-28-14 02:01 PM
    Probably intended for the in-purgatory Verizon Passport, since AT&T doesn't use Qi charging for whatever reason.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:02 PM