I had 10.3 leak on my Z30 and this was still there. On my Passport it is missing. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:58 PM
    Possibly a UI variant, due to the fact that you can select a letter with the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    09-27-14 03:01 PM
    Indeed but it doesn't work like the A-Z letters on the right. For example, although I have someone named Robert in my contact list, pressing R doesn't bring me to names starting with an R. it brings me to the first name with an R in it. I had to type 'rob' before it would get me there... one feature shouldn't have excluded the other IMHO.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    09-27-14 03:28 PM
    I would like to see the letters on the right side of the screen, looks like something we could see in a future software release.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    europolska00 and EsJayDee like this.
    09-27-14 03:35 PM
    Typing rob is faster that pecking at R on the right and then looking for Robert, so I don't see the issue.

Also, the Q10 has never had letters on the right side of the screen in the contacts app, so it is most likely that PKB BlackBerry devices don't have it due to the presence of the PKB being superior for finding a contact.

Posted via CB10
    aminrajabi and Mecca EL like this.
    09-27-14 03:39 PM
    Indeed but it doesn't work like the A-Z letters on the right. For example, although I have someone named Robert in my contact list, pressing R doesn't bring me to names starting with an R. it brings me to the first name with an R in it. I had to type 'rob' before it would get me there... one feature shouldn't have excluded the other IMHO.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    Yeah agreed. Oh well, not a huge deal. Just something that didn't need to be removed. They could have still kept it with keyboard devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:34 PM
    Yes...I hope they bring them back. Pressing a letter brings me to any contact with that particular letter in it. Makes it extremely difficult to link contacts together.
    11-07-14 09:12 AM