Hey everyone,

So way back in the day (High School) I rocked a blackberry. I absolutely loved them. I loved BBM, I loved to being able to check Facebook on the go, and I loved typing at a ridiculously fast rate. I started with the a red 8310 curve on AT&T and followed by a Bold 9000 before upgrading to an iPhone a few years ago.

Suffice to say, I really miss my BlackBerry. I'm due for an upgrade again and would love to come back to RIM, especially seeing all the improvements that have been made and how amazingly refined BB10 looks. I want to go back to having a qwerty keyboard, that's the biggest thing for me. No matter how much I try, I am constantly making mistakes when I type long texts and emails on my iPhone.

I've been eyeing the Q10, but I'm wondering if I should just be patient and wait for the Classic/Q20 to launch. Any thoughts or opinions? Will there really be that much of a difference? I don't want to end up waiting months on end for a device that's simply a small incremental update.

Thanks in advance!
    Chrisy and Plazmic Flame like this.
    09-26-14 01:50 PM
    I almost got a Q10, settled for the Z30 because it met my needs at the time better. Now I really want the classic because I think it will be better than the Q10, in just about every way except for non - removable battery (which I don't care about as long as it has decent battery life) and looks (Q10 is the best looking non-porsche BlackBerry imo).

So yes, I would wait, although we don't know exactly what the carrier situation will be yet.
    From a Z30
    Chrisy and Plazmic Flame like this.
    09-26-14 02:12 PM
    depends on if you need the toolbelt. if not the q10 is great, otherwise if the toolbelt is a deal breaker then wait since it won't be much longer.
    09-26-14 02:22 PM
    Specs are not even official. The latest leaks point to Z30 specs, which isn't top-end specs, but does have an improved GPU and CPU over the Q10 and in addition to the trackpad could make a difference in the user experience. But wait until more details are actually released.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-26-14 03:37 PM
    Specs don't seem to be finalized as of now, as Slagman already stated some newer clues lead to Z30 like specs. While not a huge upgrade like the Passport hardware, it's still a small bump. The battery will be larger an come with at least 2515mAH, which is more than15% increase of capacity - not too shabby either.

Besides you'll get a bigger screen, although it doesn't feature a higher resolution. So it remains to be seen if the Classic gets any unique modifications to display more stuff. Due to the larger screen and the toolbelt however, the whole device is larger. From what I've seen, it's slightly larger than my Lumia 1020, so it's quite noticable compared to the rather compact Q10.

Of course you'll get the toolbelt and the trackpad. Whether you like the toolbelt buttons or not is a personal thing, personally I don't miss them with BB10. The trackpad is a different story though. Especially it would work just like it did in legacy OS.

So it depends on your own needs whether you'd like to wait or get a new phone now. Unfortunatly we don't have a date yet, which doesn't help your decission. It was rumored for november, however Chen's "coming months" statement sounds like we won't see it by then.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-26-14 03:48 PM
    Hey everyone,

So way back in the day (High School) I rocked a blackberry. I absolutely loved them. I loved BBM, I loved to being able to check Facebook on the go, and I loved typing at a ridiculously fast rate. I started with the a red 8310 curve on AT&T and followed by a Bold 9000 before upgrading to an iPhone a few years ago.

Suffice to say, I really miss my BlackBerry. I'm due for an upgrade again and would love to come back to RIM, especially seeing all the improvements that have been made and how amazingly refined BB10 looks. I want to go back to having a qwerty keyboard, that's the biggest thing for me. No matter how much I try, I am constantly making mistakes when I type long texts and emails on my iPhone.

I've been eyeing the Q10, but I'm wondering if I should just be patient and wait for the Classic/Q20 to launch. Any thoughts or opinions? Will there really be that much of a difference? I don't want to end up waiting months on end for a device that's simply a small incremental update.

Thanks in advance!
    Having a trackpad makes text selection easier.

I would wait because the Classic will have a slightly larger screen, most-likely better display, and it will arrive with 10.3.1. I'm not sure about newer models, but the BlackBerry Q10 is known for the "double typing issue" (Look it up in the BlackBerry Q10 section of CrackBerry if you don't believe me).
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-26-14 04:33 PM
    Having a trackpad makes text selection easier.

I would wait because the Classic will have a slightly larger screen, most-likely better display, and it will arrive with 10.3.1. I'm not sure about newer models, but the BlackBerry Q10 is known for the "double typing issue" (Look it up in the BlackBerry Q10 section of CrackBerry if you don't believe me).
    The text selecting is just fine on the Q10 on 10.3
    There is no double typing on the latest models!

Posted via my Z30
    09-26-14 04:53 PM

Posted via my Z30
    10.3 isn't official though and not everyone installs a leaked OS on a phone they paid a few hundred dollars for. Also not all Q10 models have been from the latest wave of manufactured device. There hasn't even been a statement about the newer versions not having the double typing issue besides "I heard from somebody that this isn't an issue on newer models..."

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-26-14 05:30 PM

Posted via my Z30
    "Just fine" for you, but there are still situations where the trackpad will be a lot better. Namely selecting text that is within an input field and you want to start the selection from the end, I always hit the little "x" that deletes everything by accident...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-26-14 05:53 PM
    I'd wait, the transition from BBOS to BB10 Classic with much easier than straight to no trackpad.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-26-14 07:30 PM
    Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance!
    Wait for the classic for the bigger screen and keyboard alone. Best advice anyone here could give you. None of the other nonsense means anything to you. It's just the dumb stuff we argue about.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-26-14 08:25 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Go for the Classic... it'd going to be an awesome phone... the new and improved Bold 9900!!!

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-26-14 10:00 PM

Posted via my Z30
    Personally I don't think it is "fine". It is "ok" for my tastes, but not as convenient as it was on my Bold 9900. It's much better than on Windows Phone at least...
    Considering latest information, the fix BBRY developed to counter double-typing problems appears to be not as sturdy as people thought. The theory is backed up by users who already are on their second, new clicky design keyboard.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-27-14 02:25 AM
    Might as well wait, the Classic is replacing the Q10...
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-27-14 03:06 AM
    I'd wait, the transition from BBOS to BB10 Classic with much easier than straight to no trackpad.
    with all due respect the op is coming from iphone and hasnt used bby in a few years . Not having a toolbelt shouldn't be an issue for them. having said that i think that imo physical call send/end keys are worth waiting a few months for. Imo having a physical key to answer and hang up calls is gold

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-27-14 03:28 AM
    i think that imo physical call send/end keys are worth waiting a few months for. Imo having a physical key to answer and hang up calls is gold

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-27-14 09:21 PM
    Why don't you get a Q10 now - can be had for round 200 and then when the classic comes out you can make the decision then. What are you gonna lose if you go this route? Maybe $50 on the bid/ask of the Q10... I say go for it. Might as well start getting used to the keyboard now.
    10-03-14 04:08 PM
    What's a few weeks of wait anyway... It'll be worth the wait!
    10-03-14 04:39 PM
    Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance!
    Hey there! We have very similar stories! Started with BlackBerry 8330 in 2008 and progressed with RIM until the 9930. 6 month stint with an Andrpid and I currently sit with an iPhone 5c.

The Q looks like a great device and I've also been tempted to snag one ASAP. They can be found on here and Amazon for $250 and under. Pretty inexpensive!

However, I am waiting for the Classic unless I can get a Q for $180 or under. My advice is to be patient if you can. The Classic will be a fresh new device with decent specs, and the trackpad. I always appreciated the trackpad so I can't see doing without one. I also like the physical send and end.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-03-14 06:58 PM