So I'll start this story off with our start - the wife and I were late to this whole smartphone game. Our first were BB 9700s, which we loved for the first year or so. Then the standard issues started to creap up. So the wife decided to move onto an iPhone while I upgraded to the 9810.
    Loved that Torch, the form factor and the keyboard were brillant in my mind. Then came my Z10, so happy with BB10 from day 1. I knew and understood that it wasn't going to be complete but it is what it is.

Meanwhile, wifey upgraded to the 5s. Well about a month ago the 5s stopped charging. So she brought it into an authorized repair shop to get it fixed. So I saw an opporunity, I took my Z10 (I had upgraded to the 30 by then) and threw on the latest leak, loaded up all the apps, accounts
    etc for her and let her use it while the iPhone was being fixed. WELL... Apple contacted her and believe it or not said that the damage was not going to be covered. In fact, they blamed her for it! It was the charging port, how the hell does one break it by plugging in a cable???

So now it's been about a month with my Z10 and the only issue she's got is battery life. And she shocked me by saying that she now wants a Z30! She says she's tired of Apple and having bad luck with iPhones (she went through a number of them) and wants to go back to the Black.
    Conversion... success! Now I'm on the hunt for a Z30, preferably white but regardless I'm happy to have converted one back.
    Carjackd, Tranamal, lift and 6 others like this.
    09-26-14 12:22 PM
    So I'll start this story off with our start - the wife and I were late to this whole smartphone game. Our first were BB 9700s, which we loved for the first year or so. Then the standard issues started to creap up. So the wife decided to move onto an iPhone while I upgraded to the 9810.
    Loved that Torch, the form factor and the keyboard were brillant in my mind. Then came my Z10, so happy with BB10 from day 1. I knew and understood that it wasn't going to be complete but it is what it is.

Meanwhile, wifey upgraded to the 5s. Well about a month ago the 5s stopped charging. So she brought it into an authorized repair shop to get it fixed. So I saw an opporunity, I took my Z10 (I had upgraded to the 30 by then) and threw on the latest leak, loaded up all the apps, accounts
    etc for her and let her use it while the iPhone was being fixed. WELL... Apple contacted her and believe it or not said that the damage was not going to be covered. In fact, they blamed her for it! It was the charging port, how the hell does one break it by plugging in a cable???

So now it's been about a month with my Z10 and the only issue she's got is battery life. And she shocked me by saying that she now wants a Z30! She says she's tired of Apple and having bad luck with iPhones (she went through a number of them) and wants to go back to the Black.
    Conversion... success! Now I'm on the hunt for a Z30, preferably white but regardless I'm happy to have converted one back.
    Awesome! One ""good Come Back" at a time!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-14 12:26 PM
    I think that is the best way to convert someone. Let them use it for awhile, especially if they have experience with other platforms. Then they r able to compare. Wish my husband would consider the Z30 too. Hope your wife finds her white Z30.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    donemt likes this.
    09-26-14 12:27 PM
    Nice work!

I'm about to involuntarily convert two BYOD employees to BB10 from an iPhone 5 and an Android... something.
    Hoping they end up liking it!
    asmiley, scmcc16, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    09-26-14 12:27 PM
    Oh btw, if I'm not mistaken you can only get a white Z30 direct from ShopBlackBerry. Unfortunately that means an outright purchase.

Second alternative:
    Get a black Z30 + white leather Flip Shell. The Z30 flip "case" fully replaces the back cover so half the Z30 would be white, just not the screen surround on front.
    kbz1960 and scmcc16 like this.
    09-26-14 12:30 PM
    Nice work!

I'm about to involuntarily convert two BYOD employees to BB10 from an iPhone 5 and an Android... something.
    Hoping they end up liking it!
    Good luck to you! I found the best thing to do was to be upfront about the challenges that they will have with it (APPS) and how to work around. Then show off all the great points.
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-26-14 12:32 PM
    Oh btw, if I'm not mistaken you can only get a white Z30 direct from ShopBlackBerry. Unfortunately that means an outright purchase.

Second alternative:
    Get a black Z30 + white leather Flip Shell. The Z30 flip "case" fully replaces the back cover so half the Z30 would be white, just not the screen surround on front.
    Oh I know. Been looking around for a second hand one because not really in the mood for the $500 charge right now. So I'm thinking that there might be some pop up as people get their Passports.

Another option is to do a trade with her 5s or sell it and use that cash towards the purchase of a new one. We'll see.
    09-26-14 12:36 PM
    Sounds to me as a perfect opportunity if you are thinking about getting a Passport... Z30 for the wifey, Passport for the nice guy helping his other half...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:44 PM
    WTS: White BlackBerry Z30 unlocked + Playbook

This guy has one and it comes with a PlayBook apparently.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    Last edited by Elite1; 09-26-14 at 02:05 PM.
    scmcc16 likes this.
    09-26-14 12:48 PM
    Sounds to me as a perfect opportunity if you are thinking about getting a Passport... Z30 for the wifey, Passport for the nice guy helping his other half...

Posted via CB10
    Was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention that, lol. As much as I'm excited that BB has launched the Passport and that it seems to be doing so well, and that I think that it is an incrediable device: it's just not for me. I enjoy my Z30 too much and when I tried out the Passport when it was Windermere (i.e. the name wasn't even known at that time), I realized that the phone wasn't for me. And no it's not for the wife either.
    09-26-14 12:51 PM
    WTS BlackBerry Z30 unlocked /Playbook - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

This guy has one and it comes with a PlayBook apparently.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    Saw that, 2 things:

1) Not interested in a PB as I already have one collecting dust
    2) Looking for someone in Canada.
    09-26-14 12:52 PM
    Was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention that, lol. As much as I'm excited that BB has launched the Passport and that it seems to be doing so well, and that I think that it is an incrediable device: it's just not for me. I enjoy my Z30 too much and when I tried out the Passport when it was Windermere (i.e. the name wasn't even known at that time), I realized that the phone wasn't for me. And no it's not for the wife either.
    I own a Z30 myself and I am buying the passport... I am happy with my current device but I do miss the keyboard, so I decided to try it out... if after a week or two still too big or so, I am still on return period or would sell it... have you considered that maybe the model you tried out was too early in development and now you would find it more appealing? Just a thought...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:55 PM
    I own a Z30 myself and I am buying the passport... I am happy with my current device but I do miss the keyboard, so I decided to try it out... if after a week or two still too big or so, I am still on return period or would sell it... have you considered that maybe the model you tried out was too early in development and now you would find it more appealing? Just a thought...

Posted via CB10
    Good points but the one I used was Damn near production. I think they were sorting out a little of the internals and the look.
    09-26-14 02:58 PM
    It's happening more and more. BlackBerry will be cool once again!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:48 PM
    Good points but the one I used was Damn near production. I think they were sorting out a little of the internals and the look.
    Sounds good... I spoke with another Z30 user that also got the passport that after using it for a while, tried the Z30 and funny thing, he found it "awkwardly narrow", I am quoting him... anyway, great you converted her... my wife has shown some interest in my Z30 (she currently has a Galaxy S4)... so, maybe I am able to pull the same trick myself

Posted via CB10
    scmcc16 likes this.
    09-26-14 04:19 PM
    Same here.. my wife is now a BlackBerry 10 convert.

Her 5 bricked so I gave her my z10 pimped out with all the apps I knew she used.

The amazing thing is that Apple gave her a new one...and...drum roll..

she SOLD it and kept the z10!

she is now sharing in my enthusiasm in the blunders of apple!

Posted via CB10
    scmcc16, kbz1960 and theRock1975 like this.
    09-26-14 05:19 PM
    Ah now I know who broke the charging port to get the wife back in black !!

That's fantastic news as she decided to get a Z30 instead of the BentGates!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:49 PM
    Ah now I know who broke the charging port to get the wife back in black !!

That's fantastic news as she decided to get a Z30 instead of the BentGates!

Posted via CB10

Yeah I definitely enjoy her in black
    09-26-14 10:06 PM