If you don't know what the escreens are or what they do, please move along.

Anyway, once you get your unlock code for the escreens, you may notice that you have no way of entering any numbers in it.

HOWEVER, tap on the "BlackBerry By BlackBerry Limited..." box on the top and clear it with the X in the corner. THEN you can type your code.

Took these screenshots on a Z30 (so awkward to use now...) since I thought of posting this only after I figured it out.

PSA: How to use the Engineering Screens on a Passport-mockit_26092014112904.jpg
    pkcable, zehkaiser and Furell like this.
    09-26-14 10:30 AM
    Did they decide to make escreens an Easter egg?
    09-26-14 11:57 AM
    Did they decide to make escreens an Easter egg?
    Perhaps they did so . . . but it works!
    10-01-14 09:03 AM
    Hey, please does this also work for BlackBerry Passport? I tried it, typed in the code but no progression to the screen.
    07-14-15 08:46 AM

Anyway, once you get your unlock code for the escreens, you may notice that you have no way of entering any numbers in it.

HOWEVER, tap on the "BlackBerry By BlackBerry Limited..." box on the top and clear it with the X in the corner. THEN you can type your code.

Took these screenshots on a Z30 (so awkward to use now...) since I thought of posting this only after I figured it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MockIt_26092014112904.jpg 
Views:	3906 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	300704
    ----

Hey, please does this also work for BlackBerry Passport? I tried it, typed in the code but no progression to the screen.
    07-14-15 08:47 AM
    Hey, please does this also work for BlackBerry Passport?
    This thread is about how to do this on a Passport...
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    07-14-15 12:01 PM
    First sentence.
    07-14-15 10:00 PM
    That's an 'engineering screen' guys. Don't know but I have a non-engineering feeling that if you are not engineer, you don't need that screen...

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    07-14-15 11:28 PM
    They can be useful to non-engineers too.

I'm with a smaller carrier (Wind) so I go into the escreens to find out which towers I'm connected to at various locations. Just interesting to see how they're trying to cover the city with their various towers by going in and looking at cell ids

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 12:07 AM
    I tried with my classic and I cannot get it to work on a qwerty!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:46 AM
    Hello:

Could anybody here give me a hand please?

Recently switched cel provider and I can't get 4G nor modify the APN settings in my Passport, they are greyed out (no advanced options).
    The previous phone provider worked fine in 4G, so I know my phone is capable to do.

The new company checked my SIM in another cel device (Samsung) and it works in 4G, but it doesn't in my Passport.

I wiped and put a fresh autoloader last version, updated the phone, but still can't switch to 4G, it keeps returning to 3G (shows as H), not even I can get 3.5 or H+

What else can I do?

Please I need help, I'm really in the borderline to dump my new phone or return to the old cel. provider

Some technical details:

Previous cel provider (Claro) :

2G ==> 1900
    3G ==> 850
    4G ==> 1900

New Provider (Entel) :

2G ==> N/A
    3G ==> 1900
    4G ==> 1700 / 2100

Thanks for your time, help is very welcome
    08-23-15 08:31 PM
    Hello:

Could anybody here give me a hand please?

Recently switched cel provider and I can't get 4G nor modify the APN settings in my Passport, they are greyed out (no advanced options).
    The previous phone provider worked fine in 4G, so I know my phone is capable to do.

The new company checked my SIM in another cel device (Samsung) and it works in 4G, but it doesn't in my Passport.

I wiped and put a fresh autoloader last version, updated the phone, but still can't switch to 4G, it keeps returning to 3G (shows as H), not even I can get 3.5 or H+

What else can I do?

Please I need help, I'm really in the borderline to dump my new phone or return to the old cel. provider

Some technical details:

Previous cel provider (Claro) :

2G ==> 1900
    3G ==> 850
    4G ==> 1900

New Provider (Entel) :

2G ==> N/A
    3G ==> 1900
    4G ==> 1700 / 2100

Thanks for your time, help is very welcome
    Are you under warranty? Why not get a replacement? Yours seems defective.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-24-15 01:07 AM
    How to get it wrok?

Blackberry Passport on telkomsel network
    08-24-15 07:38 AM
    Just for the records... don't think I got a defective device.

Posted my problem in the official Blackberry forum, but they can't help me either, My phone is on warranty, but I'm outside the states and I think that could be a little "problematic"to do the exchange.

I've read that many others have issues of 4G in ATT for example.

I don't know if a patch or another OS could help this (hope so).

I'm really annoyed, irritated for not getting the full 4G capability.
    Larry Harper likes this.
    08-25-15 08:48 PM
    This doesn't work on my passport on 10.3.22789.

I'm able to type numbers in the text box after clearing the standard text, but any time I press a letter key, I lose the soft keyboard and the letter never appears in the text box. Continuing to type in the code despite letter characters not appearing doesn't change the screen at all.

Why, oh why couldn't Blackberry have just added a "shift" key to the hardware?
    11-16-15 10:54 AM
    I was able to get into the escreen by bruteforcing the key calculator until I got an all-numeric key. It works, but this key is only valid for 3 days, when I will have to brute force it again. It's not a very pleasant experience. Here's hoping I can pin down my signal reception issue in the next 3 days!
    11-16-15 11:06 AM
    For me, it is impossible on a BlackBerry Passport... like some users. How to generate an all-numeric key please ? Sorry for my bad english, je suis Fran�ais
    11-22-15 04:08 PM
    Bonjour, mon ami.

Access escreen:// from the browser and use the key calculator. If you don't get an all-numeric key, exit back to the browser and access escreen:// again. This will change the uptime and you will get different keys. Repeat until you get an all-numeric key.

It's not a very nice process, but it will work eventually. It took me about 5-10 minutes to get an all-numeric key. Your mileage may vary. Good luck!
    gouger05 likes this.
    11-27-15 10:06 AM
    Dang blackberry making it so hard on me.

I had a Q10 - had to use Escreen to fix the MMS apn.

Got the passport, but the lack of a numpad and all buttons via alt are gone. I got into escreen but I cannot make any changes or find a keyboard in the escreen to make any changes to the APNs or MMS menus under data. Before I return this, is there a way to change the data fields in the escreen? All i can to is tap them, highlights it, but no entry is allowed. Help would be appreciated!!!
    12-30-15 05:04 PM
    The OP definitely posted in the wrong thread since he used a Z30; code can't be entered this way on the Passport
    This thread is about how to do this on a Passport...
    12-30-15 07:15 PM
    you can delete the words in the passport and type in the code to get into the engineering screen. But I cannot change anything in the escreen...
    12-31-15 09:04 AM
    I'm not interested to change any settings but in the challenge to get in. I copied and pasted the code but it won't let me in.
    you can delete the words in the passport and type in the code to get into the engineering screen. But I cannot change anything in the escreen...
    01-01-16 08:30 PM