Can someone explain why? they just released the Passport and the market went down really bad.

im afraid that if the passport fails, bbry shuts down. or not?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:42 PM
    Some of these stocks work on a buy the rumor sell the news basis. Or, if the passport was getting a cool reception some larger shareholders may have liquidated positions based on your reasoning.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:53 PM
    Everything was in the red today. No worries.
    09-25-14 11:59 PM
    lets not compare Google and Apple with BBRY... im worried about my phone
    I cant even imagine leaving bbry to buy a toy.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:01 AM
    True, but BlackBerry was the worst out of them all. Microsoft and Google were down 2.2%, Amazon was down 1.9%, Apple was down 3.8%, but BlackBerry down 6.7%. Unless there's some Canadian specific dip, then this wasn't good at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:08 AM
    But looking only at the stock behavior in the past, one could say the reviews, which have not been really good so far, are influencing the sales projections. But, oh dear, some reviews, even from "respected" websites are so ignorant about BlackBerry 10 and what the phone can do.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:10 AM
    This has nothing to do with Passport. This phenomenon has been worldwide. I took my passport delivery from BlackBerry stores Dubai. It was pandemonium out there. Large crowd. More than 100 mobiles sold in just few hours. Customer reviews has been excellent.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:22 AM
    thats on mid east. here in US nobody likes bbry, only me...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:34 AM
    You're certainly not going to get an unbiased view of the Passport on a site like this. The reviews have been lukewarm. Carriers have been slow to adopt, to say the least. In todays smartphone environment, when the reviews are lukewarm, sales can tank. Just look at the recent Amazon phones.

As for the stock price, there were some downgrades. Although people here reflexively dismiss them, investors pay attention.
    JeepBB and sentimentGX4 like this.
    09-26-14 12:41 AM
    This has nothing to do with Passport. This phenomenon has been worldwide. I took my passport delivery from BlackBerry stores Dubai. It was pandemonium out there. Large crowd. More than 100 mobiles sold in just few hours. Customer reviews has been excellent.

Posted via CB10
    Woooh.....thats really a pleasant news....I was really worried as if my wife is in labour room

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    09-26-14 12:50 AM
    Remember also that there may be some manipulation of the stock. Let the numbers tomorrow speak for themselves. I am not saying that I am certain the numbers will be good, but I'm saying that ordinary investors are sometimes mislead by analysts and robbed of their gains.

Tomorrow we will see what happens. Let's hope for the best!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:05 AM
    The Passport is a brand new device that is different from every other device on the market, even other BB10 devices. I don't expect any meaningful reviews until people have lived with the device for a month or so. In this time users of the Passport will have discovered the real strengths and weaknesses of the device.

Until then we will read many options, and there are as many of those as there are people who will have the time to give them.

I'm also not interested in a minute by minute review of BBRY stock prices, 6 months is the minimum I'm interested in looking at. That should show the real trends in the stock.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:35 AM
    Seems like the whole economy is down, all of the companies I follow have lost stocks yesterday.
    09-26-14 02:45 AM
    My take on Thursday's drop is this:

1. Passport & Blend were already factored into the price, before the launch. Nothing surprising came out of the September 24th presentation.

2. Market-wide sell-off

3. [Most importantly] Poor sales performance in the most recent quarter (which is normal when we take into account that the BB10 lineup available in the 2nd quarter (with the exception of Z3 which is not a worldwide product) is approaching EOL status.

It would be great to see John Chen delivering good news about Z3 sales. I am also curious about how well BBM is doing at the moment, and how BES latest figures look like.
    09-26-14 02:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe you

From Zarafet my Z30.
    09-26-14 03:16 AM
    This was more the market reacting to the news the feds will increase interest rates next month. All tech stock were down.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:42 AM
    There was a downgrade to "hold" by one of the more prolific analyst.

But he did maintain that the long term prospects of BBRY is good but not this quarter, he believes it will be a miss.

It's nothing to do with the passport.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2001525...s?app=1&uprof=

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:55 AM
    BBRY went down over 6%-img_20140926_040940.png

Not even a day later and bouncing back in after hours trading...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 06:11 AM
    No worries mate.....BB is here for a long time to come. Chen is balancing the books, BES10 sales are up, cash is good, and hardware sales crept up a bit. Yesterday you had a bad stock day all around, it was the day before the quarter results so ya investors were worried. I think now investors are going to relax a bit more as Chen continues to show he is willing to balance the books. Overall, BlackBerry stock will stay depressed over the next few quarters. The stock market is due for a correction.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    And me.

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    09-26-14 07:41 AM
    Stock has had a run up of over 20%. It is correcting. It will have a bit of a bounce.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:51 AM
    wow my experience with the stock market is limited but ive never seen anything like it. its back up over 6%
    09-26-14 09:09 AM
    Even apple was down. So I wouldn't worry either.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:15 AM
    JUST LOOK AT THE SHARE PRICE NOW! woohoo
    09-26-14 09:16 AM
    No need to panic, one day is just a blip on the graph, over a year it's up near 40% or more, over two years it's down near 40%.
    The future is looking good...and much more stable...it has been a rocky ride but it looks like the new "Captain " has steadied the ship.

Z30 144GB
    thymaster likes this.
    09-26-14 09:19 AM
29 12