Apple's having a laugh with the new cut-down iPhone 5C | News | TechRadar

Just linking for fun rather then any other motive. Just shows not everyone falls for the hype and the mighty Apple isnt infallible in media as it can sometimes appear.
    Also if anyone from Blackberry reads this, then realise expanded memory support is very important and can be a difference maker in some cases.
    Ultimately i'm trying to provide some respite from Blackberry bashing for a brief moment
    09-25-14 04:50 PM
    Ha ha... good to see Apple bashed on that one

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:24 PM
    It won't make a difference!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:47 PM
    People are gonna still think it's awesome they get that 5C for "free", get hooked into Apple/iOS, quickly realize they need more space and then upgrade to better iPhone.

Sounds ingenious.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:01 PM
    8 gigs is a joke if it's a media consumption device like the iPhone. IMHO.

A Q5 is expandable, and already very useful out-of-the-box. As a grandpa-smartphone or for older peeps like my dad who are NOT app junkies, it's just right. (thinking of buying him a red one, so he can find it easily...)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-25-14 07:04 PM
    Yeah, 8GB would suck. People will fall for it though. I wonder what happens when they need to update the OS in the future and have to delete half their stuff just to get the update OTA. Getting iOS8 on my girlfriends phone required 4.6GB free for a ~900MB update. Why? She did have about 4.3GB free luckily since she barely uses her phone so I deleted some music she doesn't really listen to. She can always sync it back I guess, but it wasn't easy deleting it. Not having a file system sucks. You're almost completely tied to a computer and iTunes then. If anyone can tell me a better way of doing it I would appreciate it. Her computer sucks, but I guess that's the only real option.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:05 PM
    Yeah, 8GB would suck. People will fall for it though. I wonder what happens when they need to update the OS in the future and have to delete half their stuff just to get the update OTA. Getting iOS8 on my girlfriends phone required 4.6GB free for a ~900MB update. Why? She did have about 4.3GB free luckily since she barely uses her phone so I deleted some music she doesn't really listen to. She can always sync it back I guess, but it wasn't easy deleting it. Not having a file system sucks. You're almost completely tied to a computer and iTunes then. If anyone can tell me a better way of doing it I would appreciate it. Her computer sucks, but I guess that's the only real option.

Posted via CB10
    I have heard you can download file system type apps from the appstore. I am not 100% sure about this though since I have never checked myself.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    If she has itunes on her computer, you could have download iOS 8 to the computer and then updated the phone. It only takes 1GB of free space then.
    09-25-14 10:34 PM