09-25-14 11:39 AM
    what annoys me is if Carphone warehouse can already say it will be on tariffs like Vodafone which I am with and they can say its this much sim free, why can't Vodafone and other companies get a wiggle on and start saying YES will will have the passport here and here what it will cost or it is to pre order or look at the specs, as I can only find the Passport on Carphone if you search for it, its not on the home page and all other tariffs which i have see don't want anything at all about it on there websites.
    09-26-14 06:06 AM
    It's a fringe device not designed for the mass-market so I don't think you can expect it to be widely available (at the present time at least).

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 06:09 AM
    I just finished speaking to Vodafone and Carphone, Carphone say they won't have it until mid October and Vodafone they are currently in mid discussion about the passport but could not say any date of when it will be available through them, so I think i might have to look for the best price possible and buy sim free
    09-26-14 06:11 AM
    I just finished speaking to Vodafone and Carphone, Carphone say they won't have it until mid October and Vodafone they are currently in mid discussion about the passport but could not say any date of when it will be available through them, so I think i might have to look for the best price possible and buy sim free
    You spoke to someone who hasn't a clue at carphone. They have it in stock in the Trafford Centre branch and some others in London. Add it to your basket online, goto reserve and collect and go through the stores. You will see a green tick when it's there. There are apparently 300 in the warehouse in the north of the UK
    SeBEx123 likes this.
    09-26-14 06:35 AM
    Reserve and collect is monday. No date for today

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 06:53 AM
    Mine is being delivered from CP Warehouse on Monday. It has already been shipped.
    09-27-14 06:31 AM
    Copied from the Vodafone UK "Coming Soon" page

BlackBerry Passport
    With its unique 4.5-inch square display, BlackBerry 10.3 OS and full QWERTY keyboard, the BlackBerry Passport is built with productivity in mind. That’s why it’ll only be available to Vodafone Business customers when it lands on 1 October
    09-27-14 06:39 AM
    I ordered from Carphone warehouse on Thursday evening and it arrived Friday. They already have it in some of the stores but when I tried to buy it from the Arndale centre in Manchester on Thursday, despite having stock they were unable to sell it as their systems were not ready.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:40 AM
    Copied from the Vodafone UK "Coming Soon" page

BlackBerry Passport
    With its unique 4.5-inch square display, BlackBerry 10.3 OS and full QWERTY keyboard, the BlackBerry Passport is built with productivity in mind. That’s why it’ll only be available to Vodafone Business customers when it lands on 1 October
    i tried but did not see any such details , chatted with their customer service and they said they will not have it
    09-27-14 06:54 AM
    i tried but did not see any such details , chatted with their customer service and they said they will not have it
    http://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2012/12/1...d-to-vodafone/
    nihal castelino likes this.
    09-27-14 07:06 AM
    Just in case anyone didn't know I got my passport from CPW yesterday. I dunno if they were meant to sell them as it wouldn't go through the system but the guy who served me found a way to scan it through!

So if you go to a store and try hard enough I'm sure you'll be able to pick one up providing they do actually have stock.

Good luck to all!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:16 AM
    thanks a lot, was a little skeptical since the page said Dec 2012 . my life is happy again
    09-27-14 07:18 AM
    thanks a lot, was a little skeptical since the page said Dec 2012 . my life is happy again
    You're welcome, but don't get too carried away.

Note the last line That’s why it’ll only be available to Vodafone Business customers when it lands on 1 October

09-27-14 07:21 AM
    CPW were only allowed to sell phone from Friday.
    Stores do seem to have them in but not necessarily on display.
    I asked at CPW in central Birmingham UK.
    Able to offer on vodafone or O2 with some reasonable 2 year contracts or sim free.
    09-27-14 07:43 AM
    Any luck on any cases? We're they selling any?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:47 AM
    Carphone weren't selling any cases, the BlackBerry lady told me in Selfridges that there are no accessories or cases available yet for the passport which kinda sucks. Though I don't really intend to get a case for mine anyway. Big enough in the pocket... hah

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:50 AM
    Carphone weren't selling any cases, the BlackBerry lady told me in Selfridges that there are no accessories or cases available yet for the passport which kinda sucks. Though I don't really intend to get a case for mine anyway. Big enough in the pocket... hah

Posted via CB10
    I know but still need some protection! Feels weird with out one!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:53 AM
    I know but still need some protection! Feels weird with out one!

Posted via CB10
    That's what she said
    09-27-14 08:09 AM
    Roflmao! I swaggered into my local carphone yesterday and bought mine over the counter! You have been mis informed my friend. Its available from them on all networks. I phoned CPW head office and was told that the nearest passport was 50 miles away. Not trusting their office, I walked into my local branch and the guy behind the counter even told me they didn't have it. I pressed for him to check on the computer and he said "oh, apparently we've got three". Grabbed it then and there on O2.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    09-27-14 09:25 AM