I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not but I'm constantly refreshing the homepage in hopes of and announcement of the Passport magically coming to Verizon.

I was very let down that the device I've been anticipating for so long isn't coming to the carrier that I have. Also no way for me to switch, work plan paid for and where I live VZW is superior.

Posted via Q10
    tigrute likes this.
    09-25-14 07:55 AM
    There is a reason that Big Red, is BIG... for many of us there really isn't another option when it comes to coverage.

But I think you'll have to wait awhile for any announcement from Verizon. If there were anything in the works, Chen would have mentioned it. Verizon is going to wait and see how AT&T and the rest of the world do with the Passport..... think their being the sole US Carrier with the Z30 didn't benefit them much and we know how poorly the Z10 and Q10 performed. So if the Passport becomes a big seller, Verizon will shift gears and go back to BlackBerry an negotiate for a CDMA version to be put into production - if it doesn't Verizon will be happy with their decision to drop it. Will they lose a few customers because of this.. sure. But I bet they could lose every non-enterprise BlackBerry customer today and not even see a dip in their bottom line. And the $600 Passport isn't really the type device that enterprise has been demanding....
    09-25-14 08:08 AM
    Valid thoughts, I'm just curious as to why they don't have one we can buy off contract and use on Verizon. From my understanding there is NO CDMA version and no plans for one?

Just a big bummer to me being such a diehard BlackBerry fan and really looking forward to the Passport.

Posted via Q10
    09-25-14 08:10 AM