So not only did BlackBerry insult it's loyal users who have chosen to stay with them and not migrate to apple or android.. they don't include a leather holster with the passport.. wtf is this? Why is john Chen so cheap for?

Also, what's with BlackBerry saying "we priced the passport competitively to compete with other smartphones".. $699 is competitive? Since when? And yes I already know it's $599 in the USA but it should be the same in Canada.

I am disappointed with BlackBerry and johnny Chen. As a veteran of these forums and one of the founding members I am insulted.

Not happy, Johhny Chen you should be ashamed of yourself for doing this, especially to the country where your product was created. I am very angry with them and Sackharry will not be buying one anytime soon with a $699 price tag + taxes which will come to over $800!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SackHarry; 09-25-14 at 09:44 PM.
    dejanh and vptsff like this.
    09-25-14 02:07 AM
    LMAO! Especially in the UK, the passport is extremely competitively priced compared even to lower spec android flagships. Infact it is a whole �50 cheaper than my carrier is selling the galaxy alpha, a phone that's only USP is 'we put some aluminium on a midrange device'.

Also, have you maybe thought that a holster isn't for everyone so why would BlackBerry waste money and drive up the price bundling in loads of holsters of which many will remain unused. There's already a bunch of cases available, why not just buy the one that makes you happy?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:16 AM
    Z10 didn't come with a leather sleeve either and I paid the same price for it two years ago. I don't regret growing with BB10. It's a choice you make to be an early adopter.

Posted via CB10
    LLAmos likes this.
    09-25-14 02:20 AM
    Which other Flagship device is coming with a case or holster?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:20 AM
    Which other Flagship device is coming with a case or holster?

Posted via CB10
    It's a BlackBerry flagship! Not other company flagship! And. They should show some appreciation to their loyal customer base, the leather holster was always the thing that separated BlackBerry from every other phone out there..

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:26 AM
    If we go by your logic that "Holster" is what sets BlackBerry apart from others then we have a **** load of problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:33 AM
    9000 holster's leather >>>>>>>> today's leather

Remember that soft leather on the outside and blackberry branded interior?

We're far from that crocodile leather offered today

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:33 AM
    It's a BlackBerry flagship! Not other company flagship! And. They should show some appreciation to their loyal customer base, the leather holster was always the thing that separated BlackBerry from every other phone out there..

Posted via CB10
    That's all fine and dandy, but now the company needs to sail a tight ship because it's not in a great financial state.

So how is it that a loyal customer that has decided to stay with them and not migrate to iPhone or Android is unwilling to support the company during it's hard times by buying your own leather holster instead of crying and complaining on a fan site?

If this is the price of your loyalty, then I must say that it's no better than being an enemy.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:35 AM
    You need a holster for that sack first. Priorities my friend.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-25-14 03:05 AM
    Just be patient, once all the fan boys and girls have bought theirs the price will drop to a more affordable level, it was ever thus with Blackberry. My gut feeling here is that the target market will love the Passport (Mrs Pilchard wants a white one) but that it will not sell in volume until the price comes down. I was pleasantly surprised that it is launching at �529 in the UK. Give it six months and it will be down at �350 and that will be a bargain.
    MikeX74, Denvertorch and dejanh like this.
    09-25-14 03:28 AM
    And also the end of blackberry if it drops that much in just 6 months

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    09-25-14 03:40 AM
    So not only did BlackBerry insult it's loyal users who have chosen to stay with them and not migrate to apple or android.. they don't include a leather holster with the passport.. wtf is this? Why is john Chen so cheap for?

Also, what's with BlackBerry saying "we priced the passport competitively to compete with other smartphones".. $699 is competitive? Since when? And yes I already know it's $599 in the USA but it should be the same in Canada.

I am disappointed with BlackBerry and johnny Chen. As a veteran of these forums and one of the founding members I am insulted.

Not happy, Johhny Chen you should be ashamed of yourself for doing this, especially to the country where your product was created. I am very angry with them and Sackharry will not be buying one anytime soon with a $699 price tag + taxes which will come to over $800!!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm indifferent on the holster, however I do think that the pricing is out to lunch. Competitively priced the same as Samsung and Apple flagship devices isn't competitive. It's stupid. Save for the blindly loyal, or those who love to upgrade on subsidy, not many will buy into this without a price cut. Heck, I can get brand new LG G3s on Craigslist for $450. Why in the right mind would I pay $800+ for this device?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:44 AM
    I can live without a leather case for the moment and yes it would have been nice to have one for the passport. But I bought the hard shell case anyways.

But, at 599.00 US, I bought one the minute it was available on ShopBlackberry.com. I am taking my new iPhone 6 back as soon as my passport arrives.

Can't wait, most of the reviews look good to me from the ones who actually used the device for a week, not held it in their hand for 10 minutes so they could say something bad about Blackberry.

That's why I take the majority of these product reviews with a grain of salt.
    Pdinos3 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    09-25-14 03:47 AM
    They had to save money somewhere ;-)
    I'd forgive this... How often I use other cases or earplugs than those coming with the device.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-25-14 03:58 AM
    I can live without a leather case for the moment and yes it would have been nice to have one for the passport. But I bought the hard shell case anyways.

But, at 599.00 US, I bought one the minute it was available on ShopBlackberry.com. I am taking my new iPhone 6 back as soon as my passport arrives.

Can't wait, most of the reviews look good to me from the ones who actually used the device for a week, not held it in their hand for 10 minutes so they could say something bad about Blackberry.

That's why I take the majority of these product reviews with a grain of salt.
    Can you please tell us which hard case you purchased? The passport's back seems to love finger prints ;-) I have the new Kindle Paperwhite, it has the same material on the back (I think my Playbook, too)... So I must get the shell... is it the same that Kevin uses? (seen the broadcast with Kev' and Adam?).
    Thanks a lot!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-25-14 04:01 AM
    Its the hard shell one that's listed with the passport on the blackberry online store for 34.00.
    anischab likes this.
    09-25-14 04:06 AM
    Not all moans are created equal.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R, Shadowyugi and redsaph like this.
    09-25-14 04:09 AM
    Not all moans are created equal.

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    09-25-14 04:12 AM
    It's funny how some people think the pricing in UK is completely John Chen's fault.

Newsflash people, UK tends to be more expensive than US because of tax and all those other economic BS. It's that simple. Annoying, but simple.
    Bonnie Bonzai, redsaph and bakron1 like this.
    09-25-14 04:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Is there a holster made for the Passport? Are they selling them separately?

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    09-25-14 04:16 AM
    I agree, the leather holster and a cradle should have been available immediately at launch.

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    09-25-14 04:18 AM
    Really stupid to expect freebies out of BlackBerry at this point and the phone is very well priced comparing the hardware and the specs, your buying a BlackBerry because of its OS not because of addons also if you are a loyalist it's time for us to do something for BlackBerry

I can't imagine my life without a BlackBerry.... so incomplete

Also if you see BlackBerry without the financials of google and apple has dared to be bold and innovate appreciate that my friend it's not going like the masses with just giving you a bigger phone this phone is INNOVATION

Posted via CB10
    redsaph and bakron1 like this.
    09-25-14 04:23 AM
    FYI: for all BlackBerry devices to date, BlackBerry has offered additional "deals" through their website.

I have gotten both a 64gb SD card and Holster months after my purchase because they introduced these as bonus offers (send in proof of purchase, receive item).
    I seem to remember they even offered free appstore credit in some regions.

Sure, offers like that may be "late", but I suggest taking care of your device and you may eventually get a holster offered to you anyway.
    And besides, on a 600 device, why would you make such a big deal about a 25 accessory?

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    09-25-14 04:29 AM
    If we go by your logic that "Holster" is what sets BlackBerry apart from others then we have a **** load of problems.

Posted via CB10
    Was thinking same....

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    09-25-14 05:38 AM
    It's a flagship phone! My goodness darned if I do, darned if I don't! People months back moaned and went on about specs being too low in BBRY devices, now you have specs to match, the PPI's, Quads, RAMS and Mega Pixels, with a price to match and it's now too expensive?
    09-25-14 05:55 AM
58 123