While I wait for my Passport to be delivered I'm reading and thinking. I am eagerly anticipating a holster. Which had me pondering wether or not a magnet will lock this BB. Anyone look through setting for behaviour when holstered. Or, has anyone tried a small magnet on the phone, like maybe another BB holster or something to see if it locks. I didn't find anything through search. If I missed something, point me there please.
    09-24-14 10:11 PM
    I would expect that it does, but I too haven't read confirmation. Gonna try to find a display model & rub my Q10 leather pouch on it to test.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    09-24-14 11:17 PM
    I'd love a holster too, hoping the shape isn't too awkward for one.

My biggest hesitation on the Passport was simply not knowing how I'd actually carry the thing on my person, and the current near-complete lack of cases or holsters on ShopBlackBerry or the CrackBerry store isn't really putting me at ease. I hope this problem gets solved not long after I get my device.
    09-25-14 01:20 AM
    I played around with a demo passport today and there was a toggle for "lock when holstered", but the option was greyed out. I'm not sure if that was because it was a demo unit or if it's greyed out because it's a passport.

Posted on my Q10
    09-25-14 01:26 AM
    Holster will lock the Passport. Passing my Z30 holster over the keyboard of the Passport locks/unlocks the phone. So, hurry up and give me a holster for this dang thing!!!!
    09-30-14 10:13 AM
    The magnet on the holster I had made at Storyleather locks the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Tsaishen likes this.
    09-30-14 11:00 AM
    In the middle of the phone one inch up from bottom. Works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:09 AM
    Yes, the Passport has power saving technology. I have tried it out with my Z30 case and it works.
    11-09-14 03:08 AM
    I bought some magetic tape, and tried to get it to work but it's not working. Any ideas why not? Do I need a different type of magnet or something?
    11-09-14 05:49 PM
    I bought some magetic tape, and tried to get it to work but it's not working. Any ideas why not? Do I need a different type of magnet or something?
    It's prob to magnetically weak. I use some old hard drive magnets. Just found the sweet spot on my new Q5 and glued the magnet to the back of my holster!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by VR6; 11-11-14 at 04:19 AM.
    11-09-14 07:31 PM
    The magnet on the holster I had made at Storyleather locks the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Can you give me any reference or contact details re the holster you had made by Story Leather. I have also been speaking to them re a Boxee pouch with a sleeper magnet and they said they need to "experiment" first.

If they have already made one that works maybe I can speed up the process!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 07:20 AM
    So, hurry up and give me a holster for this dang thing!!!!
    Your avatar holster is my favorite by far.
    11-10-14 07:24 AM
    Hi, Did you ever figure out where to place the magnet and what strength the magnet needs to be for the Passport? I've made my own case and need to install the magnet. Cheers
    01-07-15 10:07 PM
    Hi, Did you ever figure out where to place the magnet and what strength the magnet needs to be for the Passport? I've made my own case and need to install the magnet. Cheers
    01-07-15 10:08 PM
    01-07-15 10:09 PM
    I tried with the magnet from an old case and it locks the screen from the point between G, H and Space keys.
    01-08-15 12:18 AM