Why is passport so ugly ?-i0f5of1.jpg

I mean would you just look at that? Is this going to be ugliest phone of 2014 ? What are your thoughts.
    09-24-14 12:04 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i0f5of1.jpg 
Views:	2427 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	300086

I mean would you just look at that? Is this going to be ugliest phone of 2014 ? What are your thoughts.
    Why do you act as though your personal subjective opinions are 'facts'?
    09-24-14 12:05 PM
    Why do you act as though your personal subjective opinions are 'facts'?
    It seems like the general consensus is that this is a hideous phone destined for the landfill asap! Just have a look around and read comments by fashion experts in Milan.
    09-24-14 12:09 PM
    I don't think it is ugly. It is wider than conventional candy bar phones, but beside of it the device has all good things of BlackBerry design: Nice looking bezel and keyboard frets, decent designed back, the keyboard itself looks really good - apart from the odd 3-row appearance.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-24-14 12:10 PM
    if the 'norm' since smartphones came out was the square shape, then someone would come in 2014 with a rectangle shape you would think it's ugly too. that's because your brain has been inside the box for many years that you cannot think out of the box anymore.

think out of the box
    09-24-14 12:17 PM
    I actually find it beautiful(if you can call a phone that). It's elegant and sophisticated looking to me. I'm just not sure how usable it will be because of its size.
    09-24-14 12:17 PM
    It seems like the general consensus is that this is a hideous phone destined for the landfill asap! Just have a look around and read comments by fashion experts in Milan.
    General consensus = facts...........yeah, ok.

Title change: The Passport looks ugly to ME. For those that agree, why is it so ugly?
    Thunderbuck and jkim55 like this.
    09-24-14 12:18 PM
    I love the Passport design! Hot!

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-24-14 12:18 PM
    It is the best looking phone out there currently. Not sure where the OP got their fact messed up.
    09-24-14 12:19 PM
    Why are some questions so pointless?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:21 PM
    It's perfect for a keyboard as you use two hands anyway. I almost always have 2 hands on the device when typing on my q10. That said, really depends on pocketability in its size. Frankly, it's about time someone launched a good high end phone that is not a candy bar and for a key based phone, seems like a logical and practical solution. As for looks, I'll reserve judgement until I hold one in person. The keyboard touch solution seems pretty slick. My gf bold speaker is starting to go.. So may need to do an upgrade but we both want the classic... And she would maybe do a passport if it was white... Shame no indication in when white will be out and live copies in Canada at rogers to play with a bit.

Nice update to the loved blue squares of days gone by

Why is passport so ugly ?-blackberry_8700g_tmobile.jpg
    09-24-14 01:02 PM
    Any biases aside, I was not a Passport lover at first but it has grown on me. It will be polarizing to an extent. Also it bears mentioning that you really need to try one and feel it.

It's not as square and pointy as it seems. I thought the same of those pointy Nokia Lumia "mango" phones (I forget the exact model number), they looked uncomfortable to hold, but I used one for a month and it was actually quite pleasant to hold. The Passport is kinda the same: it's curved in just the right spots (namely, sides) so the corners don't matter so much, and actually the corners aren't a perfect rectangular prism anyways, they are rounded to a degree. I quite like the sides, the steel edge is pleasant to hold.

The device is well built. Could it have been styled differently? Sure. I actually believe a version with the same basic design language, but all touch (i.e. no keyboard), would probably appeal to many people. Maybe BlackBerry will make one some day.

So if the keyboard is the issue, and you just don't like keyboards, and don't wish to try it, well, this just won't be the phone for you. But I wouldn't say it's ugly, just different. And that's a good thing. As consumers, we need variety and choice and innovation.
    09-24-14 01:58 PM
    if the 'norm' since smartphones came out was the square shape, then someone would come in 2014 with a rectangle shape you would think it's ugly too. that's because your brain has been inside the box for many years that you cannot think out of the box anymore.

think out of the box
    Yeah but holding a wide phone is not comfortable. That is most handheld devices are narrow instead of wide.

Just look at how sexy these devices are compared the passport.

Why is passport so ugly ?-c4qf4ig.jpg
    Why is passport so ugly ?-splvchq.png
    troubauk and WanShark69 like this.
    09-24-14 02:01 PM
    When the Hummer was released to the public in 1992 and when they first saw it in in Desert Storm people had the same reaction.

A possible very similar design philosophy went towards the Passport. Function over design. Whocares what it looks like as long as it performs the way it is supposed to.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 09-24-14 at 03:24 PM.
    09-24-14 02:12 PM
    What is ugly or not is in the eye of the beholder. There are many things that I've seen fashion designers create that I think look ridiculous.

What makes me right and them wrong, or vica versa?

I do agree that it's polarizing and I happen not to like the look of it either, but other people do. Are they full of crap because they do and we don't?

Your opinion is no more valid or less valid than VeryBumpy's.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-24-14 02:18 PM

Just look at how sexy I THINK these devices are compared the passport.

Fixed for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:27 PM
    *sigh* Keep feeding the troll, guys

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-24-14 02:36 PM
    Couldn't they make it thinner at least? At this width and 9.3 mm it gets quite bulky.
    09-24-14 02:39 PM
    I like the phone myself. To each his own
    09-24-14 02:44 PM
    It's a beauty!

It's different. It takes a while for humans to exept a big change. You'll get used to it and after some time you're gonna love it!
    09-24-14 02:48 PM
    It kind of funny with the Passport. At the first look I didn't really like the design. Right now it has absolutely grown on me. Love it and I think I am getting one too.
    09-24-14 02:56 PM
    I had a chance to hold a working Passport at a Telus outlet here in Montreal. It's actually quite compact, solid, and feels like it has a quality build. It's edged in metal, and has a soft touch rubberized back. I think it will be ideal for a lot of working professionals, particularly those who commute a lot.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    09-24-14 02:59 PM
    lol at the fashion expert from Italy, why would I give a sh1t about their opinion?
    btw, personally I also think the passport is ugly

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:01 PM
    Beauty is only skin deep, it's what's inside that counts.

Z30 144GB
    Frosty_Power and lang007 like this.
    09-24-14 03:03 PM
    I won't say the "T Word," but wow, really? Great thread.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    09-24-14 03:17 PM
62 123