I have a lot of tasks during my day, some of them are time sensitive, others are not.

My device is usually always sitting with email open, on the general hub. I receive/answer close to a hundred msgs during each day - so I barely have time to flip back to an app, to remind me of the other stuff I'd like to get done. Plus to save my battery (lasts 8am-5pm) I keep most apps closed.

"Reminder" is awesome, except it only posts the tasks into Calendar. Is there a trick to post a task into the scroll down agenda at the top of hub? So far the only way I've found is to fake it as an appointment. Otherwise I can't find the option to sync or allow this info into the hub.

How does everyone else handle their tasks, or do you bother using your phone to remind you? (maybe your computer or tablet handles them better?)

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 08:57 AM
    Anxious to see what the responses are. I too operate on tasks but haven't found a way to do them other than make them a calendar event....
    I used to use a sticky note app and those tasks would stay pinned to my home screen....
    09-24-14 09:11 AM
    LOL - I probably shouldn't have bothered to post this q on the same day of the Passport launch!

Yeah, I tried Post it notes also, then made a screen shot as my wallpaper. But no ability to cross off as it's done, unless you go back to notes app, revise and make a new screenshot. Too much time! Also no reminders, hard to make notes, etc.
    09-24-14 08:19 PM
    I usually flag the emails then later goto the remember app and set reminder dates and time which show up in the calendar. As I complete the task, I check them off. If I don't complete by due date, I just change the due date to the next day. What I wish the remember could do is allow me to email the completed task like it did in BlackBerry 7 to clients with date and time of completion.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ray Soto; 09-24-14 at 08:54 PM.
    donemt likes this.
    09-24-14 08:35 PM
    I use the app slick tasks to assist me. With it being a headless app it will put the reminder into your hub. Plus, with the shortcuts they have built in its easy to use. It's well worth the fee they are charging, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    09-24-14 08:50 PM
    I also use the SlickTask app. Although a little pricey, it sure does the job well!

Posted via Z10
    donemt likes this.
    09-24-14 09:43 PM
    Slick Tasks was one of the free apps a while ago. i havent used it much but i got it to save all that money.

i dont usually use written task lists, I have a very good memory for that sort of thing... and i also find that spending 20 minutes writing out a task list and 10 minutes altering it through the day is A LOT of wasted time
    09-24-14 09:56 PM
    I use Reminder very heavily for my recurring tasks. I also use Share to Reminder feature to save interesting URLs.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    09-24-14 10:43 PM
    For my work, my book Publishing and private use, I'm using the integrated BlackBerry Calendar App and Remember... sometimes when I'm go shop I'm using corky notes.

Bet wishes

Sada

Wenn du das Weinen verlernt hast, bist du bereits tot (Sayumi Whisp)
    09-25-14 12:21 AM
    I use Wunderlist for my to-dos. You can set due dates, reminders, sub-tasks, add notes etc. It's cross platform on mobile (though on BlackBerry you'll need to install it via Snap) and you're able to access it via browser or desktop app when on a PC or Mac. Best of all, the basic version is free.
    09-25-14 12:34 AM
    THANKYOU!

Slick Tasks seems to do exactly what I need - and more!
    It puts the time sensitive tasks into the HUB agenda, and it sent a notification to my inbox about being overdue.

The irony - I think I downloaded this app back when it was free ... but it seemed too complex to set up, so I eventually erased it.

I will also look into Wunderlist .. I like being able to edit/add on my computer also. But my past attempts to sideload apps have not been successful. I'm really hoping BB Blend will be helpful on these issues!
    donemt likes this.
    09-25-14 09:45 AM
    I also use the SlickTask app. Although a little pricey, it sure does the job well!

Posted via Z10
    How do you find your battery performance while using it?

Since I've loaded and started using the app, my battery has less than 1/2 the life it did previously. I was also decrypting a media card - so I thought that was the culprit ... but even with that turned off, my battery died after just over 5hrs of light use.
    10-06-14 01:27 PM
    How do you find your battery performance while using it?

Since I've loaded and started using the app, my battery has less than 1/2 the life it did previously. I was also decrypting a media card - so I thought that was the culprit ... but even with that turned off, my battery died after just over 5hrs of light use.
    I haven't noticed anything unusual, but maybe it's because I don't leave the app open in Active Frames for long. Now that you have mentioned, I will keep an eye on it. I'll let you know if I notice a significant battery drain in the future.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 03:03 PM
    I close the active app almost immediately aswell, but I know it's headless.. it's still running in the background.

I've contacted slick tasks - i'll see if they can help me.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:57 PM