So, a long sorrid tale but basically it seems that my Blackberry id was compromised by someone close to me that knew a common password that I used. Some how, the email of record or password or the account as a whole has been changed or deleted. I have purchased many apps and now have no way to access them. Calls to Blackberry technical support are basically useless. So, a few easy questions - is there anyway to recover the blackberry account that has been taken from me? Is there anyway to access the apps I have purchased via that account? I don't hold out a lot of hope but thought maybe there is some way to get the account back. I have the same PIN with my device but had to security wipe it as email and other things were compromised as well as conversations were being recorded. It was a full scale assault on my privacy. Anyone have an idea if there is some way to either access or recover the account or contact app developers to see if they will honour the purchases I have made? I have all the email receipts of purchase and can prove I purchased them. Thanks for any help from anyone.
    09-22-14 04:48 PM
    Did you try to recover the ID? It's still the same email? Use this link to change the password: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/

After that, see if you can get your device to connect with it.

Maybe try to contact the BlackBerr support forums...
    09-22-14 05:04 PM
    Thanks but the email address has been changed or password or the account deleted. I don't know which as any attempt to access the old BB id comes up, there is no BB id associated with that email or password. If someone can get into BB protect, they can wipe your device or just delete your BB id account. I am not sure what has been done to mine but something was done and now I can't access any info. Oh well, yes Blackberry community forums my last hope. Will see what happens. Thanks!
    09-22-14 05:21 PM
    Thanks but the email address has been changed or password or the account deleted. I don't know which as any attempt to access the old BB id comes up, there is no BB id associated with that email or password. If someone can get into BB protect, they can wipe your device or just delete your BB id account. I am not sure what has been done to mine but something was done and now I can't access any info. Oh well, yes Blackberry community forums my last hope. Will see what happens. Thanks!
    Yes if they get in to protect they can lock or wipe your device. Contact BlackBerry customer service and explain what happened. They should be able to verify you through your pin number which would be associated to your BlackBerry id. Unless the person transferred it to a different BlackBerry.
    09-22-14 05:27 PM
    They can mess up your device but protect itself won't delete your BBID. Wiping a device does not hurt your BBID.

Contact BlackBerry over Twitter. Follow them and explain the issue. See if they can help you recover it.

Yes if they get in to protect they can lock or wipe your device. Contact BlackBerry customer service and explain what happened. They should be able to verify you through your pin number which would be associated to your BlackBerry id. Unless the person transferred it to a different BlackBerry.
    The PIN itself won't do any good. The receipts though will prove the BBID belongs to him.

OP, make sure your email if safe, ok? Change all passwords, and that stuff. You lose that email, you lose the ID.
    09-22-14 11:25 PM
    I get the feeling that the Blackberry ID was deleted entirely or cancelled - that CAN be done. in that case the email cannot be used for some time ... as it cannot be associated as another BB ID (since they're one and the same.

I think the last poster was trying to get you to use the ID as in a login name vs the ID which BlackBerry ID in the app store or for BBM seems to consistently use as an email address. Yet that "ID" as a short name can be changed without changing the email address associated to it.

So both of these needs to be clearly stated when contacting BlackBerry support.
    09-23-14 12:06 AM
    You could try going to settings->BlackBerry ID and see if there's anything there.

If it was compromised by someone close to you, could you simply ask them to return it?
    09-23-14 12:31 AM
    Have you tried recreating the account if there is a belief of deletion? Change your password for everything else and don't make them the same! Do have any of the original bbid emails as proof of your ownership? Ensure that your BBM contacts know you may be unavailable on BBM as someone maybe posing as you if they restored your BBM contacts. Verify this with someone you know is a BBM contact.

Z3 Powered By QNX
    09-23-14 12:43 AM
    Keep pushing BlackBerry support.

Z3 Powered By QNX
    09-23-14 12:44 AM
    When you say conversations were being recorded... you simply mean that your phone calls were recorded?

What proof do you have to show you know who did it?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 04:31 AM
    Hi all! thanks for your concern. Yes, this is a bit of an issue. If I could merely ask the person to release the id back to me, that would be great but I have no proof that they took it to begin with other than my password was a common one used for other communal sites that we shared and it would not be brain surgery to guess what my BB id was. My bad for leaving myself exposed. Still you do not expect this from someone close to you even with circumstances. I am working with BB on this but it does underline the issue that it is very easy to lose control of one's BB id. If someone knows or hacks your password, they can log in and change the registered email to anything they want and then change the password and viola! Your BB id is gone! If they want to be really nasty, they can delete the BB id account and it seems to be gone forever! Other email accounts were compromised and being on the road, it was very difficult to find secure internet to try and get these back. I was hopping for a day or so just trying to keep ahead. It doesn't help if your device is wiped as you have no access to recovery means as secure internet is hard to come by. As a note, cell providers and financial institutions will not allow you to change passwords on their systems. They tell you to "go home" and make the change. When you are days away from "home" it is not feasible to make the changes. I finally got the message through to a few sympathetic people who helped me change back password. In the meantime, I had to pick up a new handset as my BB took hours to wipe and was useless in the meantime. I had to do a handset change to the new handset and then start the process of taking back emails and such via my security recovery questions. This was linked to my phone number so without a handset with the phone number, I was not able to do this quickly. Just a heads up. The security wipe on a BB handset takes forever i.e. over 8 hours of my Z10! That is why I had to purchase a new handset, I needed someway of recovering my accounts. It was and continues to be a nightmare! Now these are extenuating circumstances but, it does show that if you are compromised, it is not easy to get back on track if one is on the road and if your handset gets wiped. Thanks for your suggestions and such, I am off to BB support again!! Course they are nothing but "paid support" now as consumers mean nothing to them at this point. I think BB has 3 people doing support for the consumer and they all work 8 hour shifts and that is it!! It has been an interesting time that is for sure!!!
    09-23-14 09:18 AM
    When you get back into your email accounts, just check the "logon activity" ; on Gmail, from a desktop view of your inbox, scroll down and click "details". It's to the lower right underneath your inbox messages. It will give you all of the IP/locations. I understand getting back into the email accounts is an issue... but good luck.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 11:29 AM