We all know what a great experience a native BB 10 app is. What happens after 10.3 is released and we have access to the Amazon app store? Will developers still make BB 10 apps? What will be the motivation to do so?
    I am very happy with the Android apps that I run on my Z30 and I'm sure that they will be even more stable with 10.3 but you can't beat the native experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 08:14 AM
    We have had access to Amazon apps for about a year now (right? Hasn't it been that long??)and there are still native apps being made. I would think that developers might still create for native BB if people are willing to BUY.
    09-21-14 08:17 AM
    To be honest, most of the BB10 native apps have been quite poor. They are slimmed-down imitations of better apps on other platforms that are free or cost $1, and they cost $4 on BBW. I think most of those sad apps will go away, which will make the selection better.

The only native apps worth keeping, are the ones that make proper use of BB10's features like the Hub, LED, keyboard, etc. I suspect devs will continue to make apps that actually benefit from the Blackberry environment, since there is nothing like the Hub on iOS/Android. And I think we will all be better off using the already-great weather/news/games from Android instead of the overpriced amateur attempts in BBW, since they have had years to improve and really have nothing to gain from BB10's features anyway.
    09-21-14 08:27 AM
    The same questions raieses every few months and has been there since the early days of BB10. Of course it gets more and more important since Android runtime improved heavily since 10.0 and especially getting Android apps to work is easier than ever before.
    Personally I still prefer any native app over an Android one. There are many good ones there I enjoy, like bee (Tumblr), Blaq (Twitter), Effetica Pro (photo editing) or SuperTube (Youtube). All of those apps provide enough functionality for my use, Effetica Pro IMO is one of the best editing apps on all plattforms. Plus you can't beat the snappiness of a native app, let alone special functions like being headless or Hub integration.

Developers will keep working on native apps as they always did. There are a lot of people enjoying their work and supporting them. Vice versa maybe more big name companies might reconsider BB10 again by simply porting over their Android app again. If BlackBerry should ever get larger jumps in terms of marketshare again, they might still rewrite their app and make it native.

Also keep in mind as long as the runtime doesn't have full device support and lacks the Google Play stuff, there are Android apps which won't really work on the Berry.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-21-14 09:17 AM