Ah... it's good to laugh..

NOTE: the story below is funny.. it's not an attack on another smartphone platform.. it could have just as easily been any other platform 4chan chose to target.. if you have no measurable sense of humor just move right along!

Source: 4chan is at It Again With Their Trolling of iPhone Users - Cheezburger

4chan is at It Again With Their Trolling of iPhone Users

Another year, another small iPhone update touted as "revolutionary" and "life-changing." Pssshhh. 4chan knows better than that. Time to "cook" up another scheme to reel in another "wave" of gullible iPhone users.

Last year, 4chan tricked iOS 7 users into thinking the OS update made their iPhones waterproof.

And, amazingly, people bought it.

And weren't exactly happy with the results.

This year? Microwaves.

Shortly after, enterprising shoopers whipped up this clever little infographic.

Next phase of the mission: make it popular.

Really popular.

News outlets began to get wise to 4chan's ruse, but it was already too late.

And finally, the aftermath...

Source: 4chan is at It Again With Their Trolling of iPhone Users - Cheezburger
    09-19-14 04:11 PM
    Lol that is funny

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-19-14 04:20 PM
    Lol... that's great... really there should be no reason to fall for this, everyone knows what metal in a microwave does right. Although, I had a buddy put his credit card in the microwave cause he heard it would deactivate the chip... it certainly did that.
    09-19-14 04:34 PM
    My wife microwaved a metal travel mug.. nearly burned the house down..

She knew better.. but at 4am she wasn't thinking.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:36 PM
    I believe he wanted to deactivate the tap-to-pay feature of the card and looked up methods on the internet. I'm fairly certain he didn't put it all together until after I asked "Isn't there metal in the chip in the card?" He was like "that would explain why the insides exploded and split the card in half" then pretty much denied that he was tricked and how foolish it really was.

So... it happens...
    09-19-14 05:22 PM
    That is hilarious
    09-23-14 06:14 PM