This morning, Luke Wilson was on Kelly & Michael promoting his new movie, and Michael brought up the point that his brothers have been trying to convert him to iPhone. Luke still uses a BlackBerry. He said he tried using the iPhone but reverted back to the BlackBerry. Michael asked 'what do you do about music, etc?' He said, 'CDs' Both Kelly & Michael were making fun of BlackBerry. been trying to find a clip, but no success so far.

Gonna assume Luke doesn't have BB10.... booo
    Anthony_2u, shaleem and Elite1 like this.
    09-19-14 01:05 PM
    "What do you do about music?"

Wow.
    As much as the wanton ignorance grates me, it's BlackBerry's fault for not educating the public about its features with effective/relevant marketing.
    09-19-14 01:11 PM

Wow.
    As much as the wanton ignorance grates me, it's BlackBerry's fault for not educating the public about its features with effective/relevant marketing.
    You're so right. BlackBerry doesn't show off what their phones can do. Even with the new PD video from a few days back nothing about the OS. Granted the release was for the phone and not the OS, but considering their lack of appeal perhaps showing off some basic 10.3 features may stir some intrigue.

And why doesn't Luke know how to put music on his BlackBerry? His response should have been, "Um, it plays music."
    earlym, Elite1 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-19-14 01:18 PM
    It's just an easy and broadly-understood "inside joke" that appeals to most audiences. I'm sure he knows his BlackBerry can play music,.. but the "CDs" was just a follow up joke to story line that he "prefers the good ole' ways."

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-19-14 01:23 PM
    So true but then again, Samsung and Apple both love to show off their features to the tune of over a billion dollars in advertising dollars. Blackberry is relegated to a boutique shop and sorta hope that people catch on. Maybe a few of us can help the out by spreading the word. Poor Luke! He probably doesn't use his BB but for making calls and texting.

Go BB!
    09-19-14 01:57 PM
    Kelly & Michael: Luke Wislon Technology + The Skeleton Twins
    "Kelly & Michael: Luke Wilson Technology

Wilson hates technology but his brother Owen’s been pressuring him to get an IPhone. He uses a Blackberry now and didn’t know they were uncool until his 15-year-old nephew laughed at him. Owen gave him an impassioned speech about switching. It was basically a relationship speech where he told him he had to make a commitment. He does what his brothers tell him so he got an IPhone, and couldn’t get a handle on it, so he went back. What does he do for music? CDs. I think that’s amazing. New York City still has record store, which is great. “I need to get hip to all the new technology,” Wilson laughed"
    armanatron likes this.
    09-19-14 02:02 PM
    It's just an easy and broadly-understood "inside joke" that appeals to most audiences. I'm sure he knows his BlackBerry can play music,.. but the "CDs" was just a follow up joke to story line that he "prefers the good ole' ways."
    I figured the CDs part was a joke like that, but I doubt the question about music was. (Caveat: I have NOT seen the video.)
    09-19-14 02:05 PM
    I heard a pair of radio personalities talking to people in line for the iPhone at the mall this morning, and they finished off with:

" and in other news, from an old run down mail in Toronto. The launch of blackberrys z10 and q10"

adding sound bites of crickets and a Thornsten impersonator saying,

" the new z10/q10 aren't they beautiful" then more crickets.

... huge laughs from the djs.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 02:11 PM
    My discussion thread on this was closed.

I think the take away I think is that Luke Wilson stood his ground as they ridiculed him for "still" using a Blackberry.

Incidentally, when he announced that he uses a Blackberry 1 person in the audience applauded. The hosts ridiculed that person, as well.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ehroberts; 09-19-14 at 03:39 PM.
    09-19-14 03:22 PM
    I just followed Luke Wilson on twitter. I think we should show him some #BlackBerryLove

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-20-14 09:59 AM

Wow.
    Yep. Would have been awesome by the way if he would've responded "Oh yeah I prefer listening lossless music, so that's one reason I prefer BlackBerry. It's just convenient to pop in my 128GB cards filled with lossless music" :-D

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 10:09 AM

Wow.
    Isn't the message that BlackBerry is sending out now is that they are targeting enterprise customers and are more about security and software? Assuming this to he true why would they advertise about music to CEOs and CIOs?

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    09-20-14 10:14 AM
    Maybe CEOs listen to classical music to plan their next hostile takeover.

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-20-14 10:15 AM

Wow.
    Btw this conversation just showcases the uneducation of the average consumer: there are obviously people who think iTunes and an iDevice are the only way to listen to digital music on the go.

Posted via CB10
    GEO1ER likes this.
    09-20-14 10:17 AM
    Btw this conversation just showcases the uneducation of the average consumer: there are obviously people who think iTunes and an iDevice are the only way to listen to digital music on the go.

Posted via CB10
    Of course, ITunes is not the only way to go, but it sure is a lot better than BlackBerry Link in terms of organizing music and editing meta tags.

I have to use a third party program (media monkey) to edit my song information.

In my opinion, while bb can play songs fine with its music player, Itunes is still better for putting the songs in the device in the first place.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-20-14 10:48 AM
    This morning, Luke Wilson was on Kelly & Michael promoting his new movie, and Michael brought up the point that his brothers have been trying to convert him to iPhone. Luke still uses a BlackBerry. He said he tried using the iPhone but reverted back to the BlackBerry. Michael asked 'what do you do about music, etc?' He said, 'CDs' Both Kelly & Michael were making fun of BlackBerry. been trying to find a clip, but no success so far.

Gonna assume Luke doesn't have BB10.... booo
    That's ridiculous. Forget BlackBerry 10, I had my playlist running off of my Bold 9900 and before that off of my Curve. We're talking legacy devices here. Never needed an iPod or separate MP3 player for that matter. So long as I had a micro SD card in any of my BlackBerry's I had plenty of music. Which by the way were pulled by BlackBerry Desktop Manager directly from my iTunes. People just don't know and it's really BlackBerry fault for their pics poor marketing.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 10:49 AM
    Isn't the message that BlackBerry is sending out now is that they are targeting enterprise customers and are more about security and software? Assuming this to he true why would they advertise about music to CEOs and CIOs?

Exactly. Also who cares what Luke Wilson uses because he is a consumer? BlackBerry is presently not in competition with Apple. People have to get over it. If they continue their plan, survive, make a profit, and continue to develop then maybe in a few years we can talk consumer. In the mean time it's enterprise and fanboys. Just settle in and be happy you can still buy a Blackberry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-20-14 10:54 AM
    I just followed Luke Wilson on twitter. I think we should show him some #BlackBerryLove

white Z30 STA100-5
    I just did too. But really this would be a perfect opportunity for BlackBerry to offer Luke a brand new Passport, Q10 or maybe even a Classic, for free. If he couldn't get used to iPhone I'm guessing a full touch screen like the Z10 or Z30 may not appeal to him. Really BlackBerry Marketing should be on the look out for other celebrities and VIP's who use BlackBerry and do the same.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 10:57 AM
    Really BlackBerry Marketing should be on the look out for other celebrities and VIP's who use BlackBerry and do the same.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo!

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-20-14 10:58 AM

Come on! I keep hearing this from people. One is not exclusive from the other. Just because they are concentrating on enterprise doesn't mean they should drop the ball on the general market. Any opportunity to grow your brand is important to take advantage of.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-20-14 11:00 AM
    Exactly. Also who cares what Luke Wilson uses because he is a consumer? BlackBerry is presently not in competition with Apple. People have to get over it. If they continue their plan, survive, make a profit, and continue to develop then maybe in a few years we can talk consumer. In the mean time it's enterprise and fanboys. Just settle in and be happy you can still buy a Blackberry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This is exactly the kind of mentality that has BlackBerry where it is now. Appealing to the average consumer is not going to hurt your campaign to atract enterprise business. At the minimum, take advantage of opportunities like this to market your product.

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    09-20-14 11:05 AM
    And people wonder why BlackBerry doesn't launch its new phones in the States.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 11:18 AM
    This is exactly the kind of mentality that has BlackBerry where it is now. Appealing to the average consumer is not going to hurt your campaign to atract enterprise business. At the minimum, take advantage of opportunities like this to market your product.

Posted via CB10
    That was then and this is now. Two entirely different situations.

What would it really do if they gave this guy a blackberry? Suddenly all of Hollywood would want one? Suddenly Apple wouldn't matter? There is a time and place for everything.

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    Flatman and mmcfly23 like this.
    09-20-14 11:32 AM

Wow.
    And the other is society not encouraging people to discover things by themselves... always held by the hand...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-20-14 11:45 AM
    That was then and this is now. Two entirely different situations.

What would it really do if they gave this guy a blackberry? Suddenly all of Hollywood would want one? Suddenly Apple wouldn't matter? There is a time and place for everything.

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    Everything starts with one.

BlackBerry is not at a position to choose whether they go for enterprise or consumer. They have to do both.

Other companies, even though they are doing better than BlackBerry right now, they are aiming for both the consumer market and the enterprise market.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-20-14 11:52 AM
48 12